Dr. Kurt Jaros Vs Doug Wilson: Does God Decree All Evil?

TomFL

I think Kurt may end up being Calvinist in the near future.
God does not determine all evil

James 1:13 ¶ Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
James 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

1Cor. 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Job 34:10 ¶ Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity.
Job 34:11 For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways.
Job 34:12 Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.

zerinus

I just discovered a good response by Leighton Flowers to that video, seen above, in which he does a good job of refuting Doug Wilson's argument against freewill, and for Calvinistic determinism. Leighton Flowers has learned from his mistakes, and he doesn't interrupt so much as he used to do, or waffle so much as he normally does. So overall it is a good response.

brightfame52

God does not determine all evil

James 1:13 ¶ Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

1Cor. 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Job 34:10 ¶ Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity.
Job 34:11 For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways.
Job 34:12 Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.
So which one of those verses say "God does not determine all evil" ? I dont see it

TomFL

So which one of those verses say "God does not determine all evil" ? I dont see it
You don't see well

each one of them

brightfame52

You don't see well

each one of them

Im waiting ?

TomFL

Im waiting ?
Don't wait open your eyes and read

1 John 2:16 —KJV
“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.”

brightfame52

Don't wait open your eyes and read

“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.”
Still waiting ! 🥱

TomFL

Still waiting ! 🥱
Don't wait read

Sinful desires do not come from God

brightfame52

Don't wait read

Sinful desires do not come from God

You still have not shown the scripture !

TomFL

Open your eyes

brightfame52

Open your eyes

I guess one of these days you will produce the scripture. Maybe you can write your own scripture lol

TomFL

I guess one of these days you will produce the scripture. Maybe you can write your own scripture lol
What part of not from God can you not understand

brightfame52

😴

TomFL

Well wake up then and read

brightfame52

How long now do I have to wait?

zerinus

Im waiting ?
Still waiting ! 🥱

Well known English Proverbs:
  • "There are none so blind as those who will not see."
  • "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

TomFL

Until you are able to see

ReverendRV

I think Kurt may end up being Calvinist in the near future.
Hey, I watched that Live! I regularly watch Marlon Wilson's The Gospel Truth; as a matter of Fact, a Calvinism Debate comes on tonight!

Hint; if you want your questions asked, Super Chats get put at the head of the Line. I had a few great questions, but I was unable to Super Chat, so Q+A time ran out for me. Matt Slick is often on The Gospel Truth, so you ought to check it out...

Last edited: