Dr. Michael Brown debates William Albrecht. Albrecht complains about rules.

BornAgainRN

William Albrecht is a colleague of Gary Michuta who debates Protestants on the Biblical canon. Albrecht somehow got Dr. Michael Brown to debate him on whether or not Purgatory is in the Protestant OT & the NT. After Albrecht's opening statement, Dr. Brown announced that Albrecht was not adhering to the parameters they previously agreed upon. Instead, Albrecht began to talk about the beliefs about Purgatory in early church councils, early church fathers, and the Apocrypha. Albrecht complained, and even after he agreed to the parameters during the debate, he continued to try to get Dr. Brown to discuss these topics they did not agree on, and at one point tried to turn the debate into a discussion on the canon itself. He got so hostile, by talking over Dr. Brown that the moderator had to step in. And then he complained about the moderator that he should not have done it! That was a first for me. Even people commenting in the live chat and below in the comments sections noticed this. If you want to watch the debate, here is the link:

Beloved Daughter

What is purgatory?
Purgatory is a doctrine of the Catholic Church. It presupposes that since we still sin as believers, that we cannot enter heaven. Sooooo, they go to a place called Purgatory to burn out any stain of sin. It could be for as long as hundreds of years. The Bible does not state there is any place such as this. It's an invention to keep collecting money so their time in purgatory there will be shortened.

and

Yakuda

Purgatory is a doctrine of the Catholic Church. It presupposes that since we still sin as believers, that we cannot enter heaven. Sooooo, they go to a place called Purgatory to burn out any stain of sin. It could be for as long as hundreds of years. The Bible does not state there is any place such as this. It's an invention to keep collecting money so their time in purgatory there will be shortened.

and

Well scripture says somewhere I think that nothing impure enters heaven, is that correct? Do people stop spinning at some point? This idea of purgatory makes more sense to me than some christians saying they no longer son once they have been "saved". I think I will go and find out how Catholics came to this doctrine. I don't think you're Catholic are you?

Beloved Daughter

Well scripture says somewhere I think that nothing impure enters heaven, is that correct? Do people stop spinning at some point? This idea of purgatory makes more sense to me than some christians saying they no longer son once they have been "saved". I think I will go and find out how Catholics came to this doctrine. I don't think you're Catholic are you?
Use the verse you have and then look at the context of it. Jesus died for us and we are no longer filthy rags. That's the whole purpose of the gospel message. But if you want to burn for hundreds of years that's of course your choice. The Bible however, does not say a single word about Purgatory. God Speed

Yakuda

Use the verse you have and then look at the context of it. Jesus died for us and we are no longer filthy rags. That's the whole purpose of the gospel message. But if you want to burn for hundreds of years that's of course your choice. The Bible however, does not say a single word about Purgatory. God Speed
So you no longer sin now that you have been "saved"?

BTW where did I say I want to burn for hundreds of years?

Beloved Daughter

So you no longer sin now that you have been "saved"?

BTW where did I say I want to burn for hundreds of years?
Is that what I said? For me, when people are willing to completely misrepresent what I have said, there is no longer any reason to discuss anything with them. When you feel that you can discuss the gospel with me without misrepresenting what I say, we'll talk.

Your misunderstanding purgatory is not on me. I provided you with two videos which have scripture attached. I can only conclude that you embrace the ideas of this false doctrine and want to burn. If you don't want that, then I don't know what else I can say to you. I wish you a good journey.

Yakuda

Is that what I said? For me, when people are willing to completely misrepresent what I have said, there is no longer any reason to discuss anything with them. When you feel that you can discuss the gospel with me without misrepresenting what I say, we'll talk.

Your misunderstanding purgatory is not on me. I provided you with two videos which have scripture attached. I can only conclude that you embrace the ideas of this false doctrine and want to burn. If you don't want that, then I don't know what else I can say to you. I wish you a good journey.
Do people still sin after they are saved? It's a simple question.

I don't think you have a very clear understanding of purgatory either as it's a Catholic thing and you've offered no information about how Catholics view it. Until you do I am no impressed with your knowledge of purgatory.