Dubious grammatical assertions at Carm.

Roger Thornhill

So you don't want to address that.

Next question: Look at the following clause --καὶ ἐσκήνωσεν ἐν ἡμῖν

Does ἐσκήνωσεν refer to a human being (i.e. to the Logos become a human being) or to the pre-flesh Logos ?

I am happy to discuss it. But I won't start any new topics with you until you properly address my original topic.

Or you could just admit that there is no grammatical and scriptural support for λόγος = Torah based on προς.

The Real John Milton

I was just looking at the following:

Ἄνδρες Ἰσραηλεῖται, ἀκούσατε τοὺς λόγους τούτους· Ἰησοῦν τὸν Ναζωραῖον, ἄνδρα ἀποδεδειγμένον ἀπὸ τοῦ Θεοῦ εἰς ὑμᾶς δυνάμεσι καὶ τέρασι καὶ σημείοις, οἷς ἐποίησεν δι’ αὐτοῦ ὁ Θεὸς ἐν μέσῳ ὑμῶν, καθὼς αὐτοὶ οἴδατε,

Ἰησοῦν τὸν Ναζωραῖον is in apposition to ἄνδρα . In other words both are interchangeable. We have the equation A( Ἰησοῦν τὸν Ναζωραῖον) = B(ἄνδρα), B( ἄνδρα)= A(Ἰησοῦν τὸν Ναζωραῖον). Whatever is true of Jesus is also true of a male human being. What this means for instance is that if a male human being comes into existence at conception (and not before their conception ), so is Jesus.

The Real John Milton

I am happy to discuss it. But I won't start any new topics with you until you properly address my original topic.

Or you could just admit that there is no grammatical and scriptural support for λόγος = Torah based on προς.

So you don't want to address this simple, and rather obvious question either.

The Real John Milton

He also says that following (John 1:6) is a Subject Predicate Nominative construction, here:

Well, you are wrong, and in fact what you've written here approximates utter and complete nonsense. Your claim that "indefinite nouns cannot be the subject" is absurd, and is easily refuted even from John 1:

6 Ἐγένετο ἄνθρωπος,c ἀπεσταλμένος παρὰ θεοῦ, ὄνομα αὐτῷ Ἰωάννης...

No definite preverbal PN's, possibly in the entire GNT? Matthew 12:8,

κύριος γάρ ἐστιν τοῦ σαββάτου ὁ υἱὸς τοῦ ἀνθρώπου.

Nobody is going to listen to you if you continue making up rules backed up by indefensible claims.

The Real John Milton

Gryllus said here that in 1 Tim. 2:5 there is an example of a Subject Predicate construction with an indefinite subject. Not only is there not a S-PN construction there, but there is not even an indefinite substantive anywhere in the sentence.

The Real John Milton

Concerning Acts 4:13 Gryllus says the following, see here:

I can say whatever I like, and I'm certainly not beholden to you. The subject above is ἄνθρωποι. ἀγράμματοι (adjective) and ἰδιῶται (noun) are both predicates.