Dueteronomy 30:6

Tell your fellow Arminians in here could you? And that hardly addresses my post.
You said, "I thought I would post another verse proving regeneration precedes faith", which literally means I'm giving you a proof text.

Secondly, the ability to "love with all your heart" is not to be equated with believing! Obviously, the ability to love with all one's heart cannot happen until you have a new heart. Even, new believers don't yet love "with all their heart", but they are regenerated.

Doug

You said, "I thought I would post another verse proving regeneration precedes faith", which literally means I'm giving you a proof text.

Secondly, the ability to "love with all your heart" is not to be equated with believing! Obviously, the ability to love with all one's heart cannot happen until you have a new heart. Even, new believers don't yet love "with all their heart", but they are regenerated.

Doug
It does when were talking about loving God. The greatest commandment
Do some genuine believers hate God?

Doug
There are Verses...

But Verse or not; Prevenient Faith cannot precede Regeneration, unless it is Filthy-Rag Faith which is 'of' our Self-righteousness...

Right?

Last edited:
There are Verses...

But Verse or not; Prevenient Faith cannot precede Regeneration, unless it is Filthy-Rag Faith which is 'of' ourselves...

Right?
Then why have not posted them

The bible says nothing at all about filthy rag faith

and shows faith precedes regeneration which is the impartation of new life and make one a child of God

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
John 5:25 ¶ “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
John 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
John 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,
Gal. 3:26 for in Christ Jesus you are all children of God, through faith.
Col. 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.
Col. 2:13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, forgiveness of sin precedes regeneration and requires faith and repentance

Ezekiel 36:26,27. Duet. 30:6
Give it up

neither teaches God puts his spirit in unbelievers or that regeneration precedes faith

Faith comes before regeneration

John 5:40

“yet you refuse to COME TO ME TO HAVE LIFE.”

coming to Jesus through faith precedes life

John 20:31

“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

Scripture clearly places faith before life

John 1:12-13

“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

The right to be born of God is given only to those who believe.

Galatians 3:26

“You are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus…”

becoming a child being born of God is obviously preceded by faith.

John 12:36

“Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.”

Christ is the light you want to be his child you must first believe

Colossians 2:12

“…having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

Regeneration is a spiritual resurrection it is through faith

James 1:18

“He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.”

The new birth is through the word of truth

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

“…being born again…”
“…by the word of God…”

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV)
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

“…begotten you…”
“…through the gospel…”

Men are born again through faith in the gospel as unbelief does not profit

Hebrews 4:2 (KJV)
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Eph. 2:5 —KJV

“Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Quickening being made alive equated with salvation so

Ephesians 2:8 (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

show it is preceded by faith

Give it up

neither teaches God puts his spirit in unbelievers or that regeneration precedes faith

Faith comes before regeneration

John 5:40

“yet you refuse to COME TO ME TO HAVE LIFE.”

coming to Jesus through faith precedes life

John 20:31

“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

Scripture clearly places faith before life

John 1:12-13

“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

The right to be born of God is given only to those who believe.

Galatians 3:26

“You are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus…”

becoming a child being born of God is obviously preceded by faith.

John 12:36

“Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.”

Christ is the light you want to be his child you must first believe

Colossians 2:12

“…having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

Regeneration is a spiritual resurrection it is through faith

James 1:18

“He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.”

The new birth is through the word of truth

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

“…being born again…”
“…by the word of God…”

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV)
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

“…begotten you…”
“…through the gospel…”

Men are born again through faith in the gospel as unbelief does not profit

Hebrews 4:2 (KJV)
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Eph. 2:5 —KJV

“Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Quickening being made alive equated with salvation so

Ephesians 2:8 (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

show it is preceded by faith
Sure does. Especially Ezekiel 36:26,27. Read it slowly

It does when were talking about loving God. The greatest commandment
Do some genuine believers hate God?
It doesn't just say "loving God", it says "love with all your heart". David speaks of having "undivided heart, that I may fear your name." (Psm 86:11) This is an issue for believers, not those who hate God. Believers don't always love God with all their hearts.

Doug

It doesn't just say "loving God", it says "love with all your heart". David speaks of having "undivided heart, that I may fear your name." (Psm 86:11) This is an issue for believers, not those who hate God. Believers don't always love God with all their hearts.

Doug
Love who or what with all your heart? Its says "love him". Who is him? What is the greatest commandment?

Do you know every believer? How could you possibly know that?

There is nothing there to support your claims

nowhere do we see God putting his spirit in unbelievers to make them believers

you are busted
Sure there is. Read it. New heart, new spirit, small s, Spirit put within you, God causes you to obey His commands.

Sure there is. Read it. New heart, new spirit, small s, Spirit put within you, God causes you to obey His commands.
Nothing there about unbelievers becoming believers because God put his spirit in them

you are simply repeating error

and your position is not biblical

Given our recent debates on Ezekiel 36 I thought I would post another verse proving regeneration precedes faith.

"The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendents so that you may love Him with all your hear and with all your soul and live".

Our detractors have agreed that replacing the heart of stone with a heart of flesh is regeneration. Clearly here regeneration must occur before one can love God with all there heart and soul.
Indeed! Great verse which again supports regeneration before one can believe.
keep up the good work!

It is always by God's grace that we can please God and a carnal man can not please God. Is Jesus saving the carnal man or is the old man being put away? If Jesus is purring the old man away then Jesus is calling new spiritual creations to himself quickened out of death who can hear and respond to the Spirit's calling. God gives the spiritual man faith but it is God;s faith spiritually at work in him. God putting his Spirit in the new spiritual creation give the new creation access to faith. It comes as a result of conversion but even when God calls the new spiritual creation to himself God's faith is at work in him. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God".

God bless you,

SeventhDay
What?
Where do you read the faith given to man as a gift through regeneration is God’s faith?

Back