Election

civic

Civic, you made my point. You speak of "in Christ" but you have no understanding about what it means and what happens in time, on earth, to a person who receives Christ.
Wrong just as in Eternal Life, Salvation, Sanctification their is a past, present and future aspect to them in the same way we are IN CHRIST. You are the one in denial, not us. We believe to WHOLE counsel of God not just our cherry picked verses ripped from their context like you have demonstrated day in and day out on CARM.

BTW- when Scripture exposes your beliefs which I always am willing to do for you the response is always and bait n switch and moving the goal posts just like you did with this response.

hope this helps !!!

Sethproton

Thank you for those passages it gives me something to study .
Yes and also remember that forgiveness is IN Christ. Until you receive Christ and He is in you, forgiveness does not reach you. The truth of being in Christ, on earth, in time is essential to understanding how we receive what He has done

SovereignGrace

SO yes. our arguments are based on ignorance and supposition. Basically, your conclusion is that God has lied and does not love.
It not my conclusion but what the Bible avers. And you saying I’m calling God a liar is unfounded, and quite frankly, a lie coming from you. But I’ve come to realize some time ago, EDIT Rule 12 insult

Last edited by a moderator:

Sethproton

And I will throw this back at you. Only a cruel God would create someone that He knew would never use their free will so as to be saved, yet He created them anyways.

FYI, we are not created but PROcreated. God created Adam from the dust and Eve from Adam. We came into existence via procreation.
So, what is missing from your conclusion? God says He is love. You say He isn't. Somewhere you took a wrong turn,

Sethproton

It not my conclusion but what the Bible avers. And you saying I’m calling God a liar is unfounded, and quite frankly, a lie coming from you. But I’ve come to realize some time ago, that’s who you are, one who hurls insults.
Bickering

civic

Do not call other posters liars
So, what is missing from your conclusion? God says He is love. You say He isn't. Somewhere you took a wrong turn,
EDiT INSULT

Please quote him denying God is love ang BTW he was in agreement with my response to you that God both Loves and Hates.

You deny that God hates.

SovereignGrace

Why the double talk. You admit you think the Bible teaches that God does not love, but you consider it an insult for me to call you on that?
The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all who do iniquity.
[Psalm 5:5]

The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked,
And the one who loves violence His soul hates.
Psalm 11:5]

There are six things which the Lord hates,
Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies,
And one who spreads strife among brothers.
[Proverbs 6:16-19]

civic

The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all who do iniquity.
[Psalm 5:5]

The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked,
And the one who loves violence His soul hates.
Psalm 11:5]

There are six things which the Lord hates,
Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies,
And one who spreads strife among brothers.
[Proverbs 6:16-19]
Amen great passages for us to meditate on.

SovereignGrace

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”[John 3:36]

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,[Romans 1:18]

Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.[Ephesians 5:6]

Sethproton

He is love, but that isn’t all He is. You are laser focusing on one of His attributes to the detriment of others.
I realize you cannot tell me what you are missing, because you are missing it and don't know what it is. But hopefully you are not wanting to embrace the idea that God is hate.

SovereignGrace

I realize you cannot tell me what you are missing, because you are missing it and don't know what it is. But hopefully you are not wanting to embrace the idea that God is hate.
If God loves holiness, and He does, then He also hates sin, and you cannot divorce sin from the sinner, as it’s sinners who are punished eternally in the lake of fire. You have an unbiblical view of God. You cannot see that God is more than just love. There is also justice and righteousness, among other attributes.

SovereignGrace

I showed you five vss and one three verse passage that states God hates, and it’s not the unbiblical “God hates the sin but loves the sinner”, either.