Election

Beloved Daughter

this world here is like Alice in wonderland. Calvinist do not make sense yet babble endlessly

prevaricate
[prəˈverəˌkāt]

VERB
prevaricating (present participle)
  1. speak or act in an evasive way.
    "he seemed to prevaricate when journalists asked pointed questions"
    synonyms:
    be evasive · be noncommittal · be vague · be ambiguous · evade/dodge the issue · beat about the bush · hedge · hedge one's bets · fudge the issue · fence · parry questions · vacillate · shilly-shally · cavil · waver · quibble · temporize · hesitate · stall (for time)·
    [more]

Sethproton

prevaricate
[prəˈverəˌkāt]

VERB
prevaricating (present participle)
  1. speak or act in an evasive way.
    "he seemed to prevaricate when journalists asked pointed questions"
    synonyms:
    be evasive · be noncommittal · be vague · be ambiguous · evade/dodge the issue · beat about the bush · hedge · hedge one's bets · fudge the issue · fence · parry questions · vacillate · shilly-shally · cavil · waver · quibble · temporize · hesitate · stall (for time)·
    [more]
And that is waht I see with many calvinist posters, though some are just outright abusive and skip any pretense at civil discourse

Beloved Daughter

And if the grammatical/historical hermeneutic leads to calvinism, that is proof enough to discredit it as a useful method

If you had ever considered using this method of interpretation, you would know that it has nothing to do with Calvinistic belief.

You have played your last joker and we all know what's left in your deck.

Sethproton

If you had ever considered using this method of interpretation, you would know that it has nothing to do with Calvinistic belief.

You have played your last joker and we all know what's left in your deck.
Actually, I do use elements of that method. But I could not resist the pot shot. My approach is less formal and has more to do with becoming as familiar as I can with the whole Bible so that i know what God has to say in a broad way and then looking at specifics and fitting them in with the broad picture

Beloved Daughter

Actually, I do use elements of that method. But I could not resist the pot shot. My approach is less formal and has more to do with becoming as familiar as I can with the whole Bible so that i know what God has to say in a broad way and then looking at specifics and fitting them in with the broad picture

You should stop doing that. It isn't working and you end up contradicting scripture and even yourself.

Sethproton

You should stop doing that. It isn't working and you end up contradicting scripture and even yourself.
I get so many personal attacks here, at times i break down, and give you guys a little bit back, But I am more interested in doctrune and scripture, and if you and others want to be sarcastic and demeaning, I need to ignore it.

Chalcedon

I get so many personal attacks here, at times i break down, and give you guys a little bit back, But I am more interested in doctrune and scripture, and if you and others want to be sarcastic and demeaning, I need to ignore it.
No you get REFUTED so many times per day here. And you claim you are interested in Scripture but you have yet to demonstrate that is true. You never quote scripture/verse references and give bible definitions of words/phrases from the text. All you do is give us your IDEAS and QUESTIONS. That is known as EISEGESIS which is the only method you have ever demonstrated on CARM over the past 12-15 years.

hope this helps !!!

Chalcedon

You say something, get called on it; then say you know, it was only a joke...

Are you Trolling?
yes he told me in person at my church that is what he was doing and will continue to do as long as he was on carm forums. he loves doing that to calvinists as he likes to frustrate them, his words not mine.

bf is another troll and I will leave him/her to his/her own threads and just ignore him/her in our threads he/she likes to interrupt with his/her hyper garbage. the funny thing is the two of them study the bible the same SP and BF by stating their ideas and asking questions. I love the irony in that lol.

preacher4truth

So Jesus is our present Mediator now we are getting somewhere. The verse that says He is our present Mediator also says He is presently a man.

oops.....................................................
If Christ is no longer mediator as @Sethproton has falsely claimed, then in the context of 1 Timothy 2:1-6 none of us should pray any longer for the lost, as there is no mediation left for them. How these people come up with this asinine non-interpretation of the text is beyond me, but it goes right along with who he is, utterly heretical and the behavior is nothing short of trollish imho.

Last edited:

Chalcedon

If Christ is no longer mediator as @Sethproton has falsely claimed, then in the context of 1 Timothy 2:1-6 none of us should pray any longer for the lost, as there is no mediation left for them. How these people come up with this asinine non-interpretation of the text is beyond me, but it goes right along with who he is, utterly heretical and the behavior is nothing short of trollish imho.
ditto its going on 12 plus years with this guys heresies. Its the true definition of apostasy since he once believed like Arminians, Calvinists and all Evangelicals on the essential truths of the Christian Faith.

TibiasDad

I agree. and since you refuse to address what a mediator is in court, there is nothing left to discuss. But i do appreciate your polite demeanor. It means a lot to me

I believe you are conflating dealing with your definition of "what a mediator is in court", and agreeing with your definition! What you fail to allow, Seth, is that mediation is not just a legal type of action, it is also relational! On the one hand the wrath of God is legally satisfied by the death of Christ; this is completed, and will never be repeated! It is finished! This is the Atonement!

But the relational factor between God and man still needs attention, and mediation is the means of this. As long as men feel the conviction of sin, as long as the message of the gospel to repent and believe is heard and the hearts of men seek for forgiveness mediation will be necessary! The man Jesus Christ is presently our mediator.

Doug

Sethproton

I believe you are conflating dealing with your definition of "what a mediator is in court", and agreeing with your definition! What you fail to allow, Seth, is that mediation is not just a legal type of action, it is also relational! On the one hand the wrath of God is legally satisfied by the death of Christ; this is completed, and will never be repeated! It is finished! This is the Atonement!

But the relational factor between God and man still needs attention, and mediation is the means of this. As long as men feel the conviction of sin, as long as the message of the gospel to repent and believe is heard and the hearts of men seek for forgiveness mediation will be necessary! The man Jesus Christ is presently our mediator.

Doug
Thanks for your opinion doug, but surely you need to admit, you invented your position about what mediation is. You have not connected your opinion to the meaning of the word or to the word's use in court.
All you have done is deny what the lexicon says and invented something you like.
Why? What is the need to deny that mediation refers to the establishing of a covenant?