Election

brightfame52

Yes, the death of Christ is an incomplete Atonement without Christ bearing our Sins 'away' by being presented Alive to God; that's Expiation, his death is Propitiation Alone. Our Sins have to be Confessed upon his head to be Imputed to him; and this is by Grace through Faith apart from Works...

Are your Sins Imputed to Christ by Election our through Faith?
Edit per mod. Do you believe that Christs death left reconciliation incomplete, yes or no

Last edited by a moderator:

brightfame52

Why don't you go back and read my replies and posts, this way you can see what I believe?
This is the way to do it now, right?
As of now what i see of what you believe is that you agree with the discredit of Christs reconciling death, and that it leaves reconciliation to God incomplete. Im not going to lose sleep over it.

Theo1689

Be reconciled. You have to do that. Why do calvinists argue against a person's need to be reconciled, something they are commanded to do?

We don't.
What YOU are ignoring is that "be reconciled" is:
(1) PASSIVE voice (ie. something done TO us), and
(2) something done to us by GOD.

It doesn't say, "reconcile" (active voice, something "we" do).
It doesn't say "reconcile YOURSELVES" (reflexive).
It says, "BE reconcil-ED", (passive voice).

If you don't believe me, go to a nearby high school or college, and and ask an English teacher you trust.... Bwahahahahaha!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

It's too bad you never learned this in "50 years of studying the Bible".... ;)

Sethproton

We don't.

If you don't believe me, go to a nearby high school or college, and and ask an English teacher you trust.... Bwahahahahaha!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

in English, "be reconciled" is a command. There is no such thing in English as a passive command

Sethproton

We don't.

Yes, I think we understand that only you have the Bible down perfectly, the rest of us are learning

Theo1689

in English, "be reconciled" is a command. There is no such thing in English as a passive command

It's an imperative.... Not all imperatives are "commands".
And it's in the PASSIVE voice, no matter how many times you want to deny it.

Paul could have EASILY made it reflexive, if that's what he intended.
He didn't.

Sethproton

It may be my opinion, but it is an informed opinion supported by the language, syntax, and lexical facts of Scripture.

Doug
Actually, I have to disagree: no language, syntax of lexical facts are going to provide your understanding of Mediator. Your understanding comes from the church