Election

Theo1689

and the majority in scripture is always wrong.

insert foot into mouth 🤣

oops.......................

And here's the thing....

When this poster finds it convenient, he uses the "minority view" to attack Christianity.
Yet this same poster holds such a "minority view" on some doctrines, that he is the only one in recorded history to hold it, such as:
- it takes "faith" to know God exists;
- that 1 Cor. 7:37 allegedly teaches "free will"

Chalcedon

And here's the thing....

When this poster finds it convenient, he uses the "minority view" to attack Christianity.
Yet this same poster holds such a "minority view" on some doctrines, that he is the only one in recorded history to hold it, such as:
spot on !

Sethproton

You have never even come close to demonstrating ANY flaw in Calvinism. In fact most Arminians don't agree with much of your eisegesis.
You mean that you were not convinced. Others have been over the years here, I've often had other posters thank me and be encouraging as they saw what I said

Sethproton

And here's the thing....

Yes, those are things the Bible teaches, and I am always willing to explain. Even though both you and Civic pretend I NEVER explain anything, the truth is I have been using logic and scripture for a decade to show what i believe and why, It has never been just an unexplained/unsupported opinion.

Theo1689

You mean that you were not convinced. Others have been over the years here, I've often had other posters thank me and be encouraging as they saw what I said

That's a fascinating claim.
Care to give names of ex-Calvinists, who you allegedly convinced?
If you don't, then your claim is worthless and bankrupt.

Theo1689

Yes, those are things the Bible teaches, and I am always willing to explain.

You're dodging the issue (as usual).

The point is that you use "minority view" as a derogatory epithet against Calvinism, yet when YOU hold the "minority view", then suddenly it's a GOOD thing.
That's called a "double standard", and shows that you don't care about the truth at all.

Even though both you and Civic pretend I NEVER explain anything, the truth is I have been using logic and scripture for a decade to show what i believe and why,

Yes, you use "logic and scripture", just like the Mormons, JW's, and other cults do.

Sethproton

You're dodging the issue (as usual).

The point is that you use "minority view" as a derogatory epithet against Calvinism, yet when YOU hold the "minority view", then suddenly it's a GOOD thing.
That's called a "double standard", and shows that you don't care about the truth at all.

Yes, you use "logic and scripture", just like the Mormons, JW's, and other cults do.
I use scripture and logic. If the mormons and JW do it too, good for them.

Theo1689

Are you really unaware that more than half of the best minds in Christianity claim that Calvinism is majorly off target?

Are you really unaware that none of us really care about the opinions of heretics?

It's amusing that you try to discredit Calvinism based on the opinions of sinners, rather than based not the Bible.

Sethproton

Are you really unaware that none of us really care about the opinions of heretics?

It's amusing that you try to discredit Calvinism based on the opinions of sinners, rather than based not the Bible.
Calvinism is discredited. Mainstream Christianity disagrees with TULIP.
There is wisdom in a multitude of counselors and when the multitude think you are wrong, you should do as i do and go back to the Bible, read with an open heart and pray for understanding

Theo1689

Calvinism is discredited.

Wrong.

Mainstream Christianity disagrees with TULIP.

"Mainstream Christianity INCLUDES "TULIP".

You make the same logical fallacy that the Roman Catholics do, namely engaging in special pleading in defining "Mainstream Christianity" as ONLY those groups who reject Calvinism.

Calvinism falls under the pale of orthodoxy.
And it does not depend on the opinions of sinful man.
It depends ONLY on the Bible.

There is wisdom in a multitude of counselors and when the multitude think you are wrong, you should do as i do and go back to the Bible, read with an open heart and pray for understanding

Yet you can't follow your own advice, otherwise you'd have to deny your own minority doctrines.
Double standards much?

Sethproton

He keeps saying we're wrong and then take the wrong approach (per usual) to show us how wrong we are. o_O
The right approach is scripture, starting with whatever verse is being used to make the point. Study that verse and the words and syntax. Then look at the context and then find what you can on topic thruout the word. Then look at experts and see what they see, especially focusing on their explanations rather than their conclusions