Ellen White, False Prophet?

Yodas_Prodigy

Is Ellen White a false prophet?

13 “If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk[a] after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

Yodas_Prodigy

13 “If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk[a] after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

There are two types of Cultists, at a minimum. The First group are those who buy in to the lies and deception of the cult. They defend the Cult and try to live by its rules... The Second group is more evil and dangerous. They are the ones who know the Cult is wrong, yet, they support the Cult, push its agenda, and attack those who are trying to shed light on the dangerous group...

Formersda

There are two types of Cultists, at a minimum. The First group are those who buy in to the lies and deception of the cult. They defend the Cult and try to live by its rules... The Second group is more evil and dangerous. They are the ones who know the Cult is wrong, yet, they support the Cult, push its agenda, and attack those who are trying to shed light on the dangerous group...
Both types are on here.

JonHawk

The work of righteousness will be peace; Isaiah 32:17

God will speak peace To His people Psalm 85:8

Lord, You will establish peace for us; Isaiah 26:12

13 “If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet ...
As for the prophet who prophesies of peace, when the word of the prophet comes to pass, the prophet will be known as one whom the Lord has truly sent. Jer 28:9

My word shall not return to Me void; Isaiah 55:11

For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? 4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. Rom 3

Last edited:

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Lk 21:32-36 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. 33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and [so] that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
AV Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

AV Ex 28:30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

Are you aware how "the Urim and the Thummim" were to be used, during the days of Deut. 13:1-5 ???

And that the breastplate is hidden(as well as the Ark of the Covenant) until the end for GOD's justice in the end of time, as a witness of "the judgment".

AV Mt 23:30-36 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and [some] of them ye shall kill and crucify; and [some] of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

When man judges, GOD's prophets die, When GOD judges the vain in worship, will die.

Will "the Urim and the Thummim" reveal GOD's judgment again, against the vain again, for GOD's people benefit ???

"Is Ellen White a false prophet?", Depends on if you want opinion or facts judged properly, Right ???

You are new here. For some, this has been discussed before. Please engaged the topic, and see where it goes.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

Paul writes too Timothy
But refuse profane and old wives' fables,

shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;
but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,
having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth,
and shall be turned unto fables.
And that the breastplate is hidden(as well as the Ark of the Covenant) until the end for GOD's justice in the end of time, as a witness of "the judgment".

"Is Ellen White a false prophet?", Depends on if you want opinion or facts judged properly, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
once again Michael appeals too the :devilish: "Mustard Seeds" :devilish: planted
ie:
And that the breastplate is hidden(as well as the Ark of the Covenant) until the end
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So tell us Michael;
where is it written that the
Breastplate and the Ark were hidden by someone

Moses and the Prophets Michael
not Fairy tales, Fables, Vain Babblings of the Gods of the SDA Church
that you so exalt and bow too

Scripture Michael
where is it written

Yodas_Prodigy

Prologue:
AV Lk 21:32-36 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. 33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and [so] that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
AV Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

AV Mt 23:30-36 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and [some] of them ye shall kill and crucify; and [some] of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

I am not Premillennial... As far as I am concerned, the Generation Jesus was speaking to was the one the Olivet Discourse was for. In fact, every time Jesus said, "this generation", he was speaking of and to the generation of his day...

When man judges, GOD's prophets die, When GOD judges the vain in worship, will die.

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber. ...

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Yodas_Prodigy

As for the prophet who prophesies of peace, when the word of the prophet comes to pass, the prophet will be known as one whom the Lord has truly sent. Jer 28:9

My word shall not return to Me void; Isaiah 55:11

For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? 4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. Rom 3

You do know Word Faith uses most of these verses to defend their prophets and apostles too...

SDAchristian

Prologue: I find it interesting, you missed my anticipation of the "This generation" objection, with Jesus' explanation.
{Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
I am not Premillennial... As far as I am concerned, the Generation Jesus was speaking to was the one the Olivet Discourse was for. In fact, every time Jesus said, "this generation", he was speaking of and to the generation of his day...
So your opinion thinks Jesus lied about "This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled." ??? Or How do you understand Jesus meaning then, that fits Jesus' meaning in context ???

Oh, What is your opinion of Jesus' usage of the word "all", in context to "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away." ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Yodas_Prodigy

Prologue: I find it interesting, you missed my anticipation of the "This generation" objection, with Jesus' explanation.

So your opinion thinks Jesus lied about "This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled." ??? Or How do you understand Jesus meaning then, that fits Jesus' meaning in context ???

Oh, What is your opinion of Jesus' usage of the word "all", in context to "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away." ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

First, and foremost, you must understand that Jesus is using apocalyptic language here. NO! Jesus did not lie. He said, "THIS generation shall not pass away until all these things take place"... Doesn't that then make sense that he was speaking about the Generation that he was speaking to?

The biggest problem with many of my premillennial friends is their need to read themselves into a Prophetic passage...

Here's two mores passages that you have to grapple with:

Jesus was speaking to his disciples here... How do I know? "I say to you"... BTW, this is not the Transfiguration. How do I know? "some standing here who shall not taste death " What is this passage speaking of? The same coming discussed in the Olivet Discourse...

Matthew 16:28
New King James Version
28 Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Again, who is Jesus speaking to? The disciples... What is he speaking of, the same coming discussed in the Olivet Discourse...

Matthew 10:23
New King James Version
23 When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Finally, what is Jesus speaking of in the Olivet Discourse? The destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD... One prophecy with one fulfillment...

Yodas_Prodigy

You are new here. For some, this has been discussed before. Please engaged the topic, and see where it goes.

Let's go with Facts judged properly... I honestly know little of SDA and even less about Ellen White... I have heard everything from Cult to Heterodox to Misunderstood when it comes to SDA.

Buzzard

Let's go with Facts judged properly... I honestly know little of SDA and even less about Ellen White... I have heard everything from Cult to Heterodox to Misunderstood when it comes to SDA.
Yoda;
Just keep in mind
when people start referring to other peoples, groups, beliefs
denominations, ethnic, nationality, political and ect
with derogatory labels, and then use those Labels
to poison the well, (if you will ) they are not as Moses saith
"Reliable Witnesses"

Yodas_Prodigy

Yoda;
Just keep in mind
when people start referring to other peoples, groups, beliefs
denominations, ethnic, nationality, political and ect
with derogatory labels, and then use those Labels
to poison the well, (if you will ) they are not as Moses saith
"Reliable Witnesses"

I'll determine that... Cult is not always the best word to use, though I have used it at times in these threads. False religious movement is probably better. Having said that, there are reasonable definitions for each of those terms...

Cult, false religious movements get one or more of the following wrong: The Person and/or the work of Christ, The Trinity, Salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, or the infallibility of scripture.

Heterodox simply means the group is Christian, but they get off in the weeds on some doctrines...

Even within a group, there may be both Cult and Heterodox adherents...

Formersda

As an Adventist I was never taught how to spot false prophets,

So I would like an Adventist to tell me how they would spot a false prophet please?

JonHawk

JonHawk:

You do know Word Faith uses most of these verses to defend their prophets and apostles too...
They ought to have been contending for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God's holy people Jude 1, instead of defending their prophets and apostles.

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together,... Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” John 20

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. Rom 5

Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. Eph 2

Last edited:

SDAchristian

Your language in opinion would suggest you have made up your mind mostly, and looking for confirmation. So really, what are you doing here(in the "Seventh Day Adventism forum") then ???

Watch until the end, for WHOLE Truth to be revealed, of who knew what and when. And please do not be surprised as to which side you land on in Jesus' judgment from Divine Omniscience perspective.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Gn 4:4-5 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

The earliest Bible Study issue in the Bible.
As an Adventist I was never taught how to spot false prophets,
So I would like an Adventist to tell me how they would spot a false prophet please?
AV Isa 8:18-20 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me [are] for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. 19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

"As an Adventist I was never taught how to spot false prophets,", It most likely depends on how much attention you devoted to the subject in Bible Study.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Formersda

Prologue:
AV Gn 4:4-5 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

The earliest Bible Study issue in the Bible.

AV Isa 8:18-20 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me [are] for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. 19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

"As an Adventist I was never taught how to spot false prophets,", It most likely depends on how much attention you devoted to the subject in Bible Study.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Well considering there is no bible study in an Adventist church. Bible study is not sabbath school lessons or reading one of EGW books or pamphlets.
There is no contextual bible study just a load of questions with the verses published with the answers. The sabbath school hour is spent discussing different ways of agreeing with the subject, there is no proper discussion it’s all one way to get you to agree with the Adventist way of things.
Adventists don’t know how to spot a false prophet because they are basing the scriptural references on how they interpret the bible which is essentially the EGW way.

SDAchristian

Well considering there is no bible study in an Adventist church. Bible study is not sabbath school lessons or reading one of EGW books or pamphlets.
There is no contextual bible study just a load of questions with the verses published with the answers. The sabbath school hour is spent discussing different ways of agreeing with the subject, there is no proper discussion it’s all one way to get you to agree with the Adventist way of things.
Adventists don’t know how to spot a false prophet because they are basing the scriptural references on how they interpret the bible which is essentially the EGW way.
Thank you for sharing your opinion here on CARM !!!

AV Re 21:6-8 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

GOD will judge all opinions for content in Truth or false witness, so says Jesus as "I am Alpha and Omega".

Yours in Christ, Michael

Formersda

Thank you for sharing your opinion here on CARM !!!

AV Re 21:6-8 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

GOD will judge all opinions for content in Truth or false witness, so says Jesus as "I am Alpha and Omega".

Yours in Christ, Michael
We’ll prove me wrong then cause that’s all there is in an Adventist church.