Ellen White, False Prophet?

JonHawk

Test the spirits, whether they are of God.
Prologue:
AV Isa 8:18-20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

Formersda said:
"As an Adventist I was never taught how to spot false prophets,"

SDAchristian said:
It most likely depends on how much attention you devoted to the subject in Bible Study.
Needless to say, these are illegitimate and not sons (Heb 12:8-9), they are devoid of the Spirit of Christ.
AKA workers of iniquity, whose end will be according to their works. (2 Cor 11:4-15)

You have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

Buzzard

Matt.24:
And this gospel of the kingdom
shall be preached ------ in all the world
for a witness --------unto all nations;
and then shall -------the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see
the abomination of desolation,
spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
stand in the holy place
(whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea -------------------
---------------------------
do these things
vs. 17, 18, 19, 20

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days
--

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:

Now learn a parable of the fig tree;
When his branch is yet tender,
and putteth forth leaves,
ye know
that summer is nigh:

as Christ said; about the Waysiders
And he said unto them,
Know ye not this parable?
and how then will ye know all parables?​
so where in Moses, the Prophets, Psalms, Proverbs can we find this Parable​
Now learn a parable of the fig tree;​

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things,
know that it is near, even at the doors

34 Verily I say unto you,
This generation shall not pass,
till all these things be fulfilled

JonHawk

Matt.24:
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached ------ in all the world for a witness --------unto all nations;
and then shall -------the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
stand in the holy place
,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)
They will not leave in you one stone on another, all because you did not recognize the time of your visitation [when God was gracious toward you and offered you salvation]. (Luke 19:44)
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols. (1 John 5)

Icyspark

Is Ellen White a false prophet?

13 “If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk[a] after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

Dear Lurkers,

The fact of the matter is that the words of this poster indicate that the author rejects all the gifts of the Spirit, including the one Paul says God "placed in the CHURCH." If one arbitrarily rejects Paul's words in favor of their own post modern version of "truth" then it's a moot point attempting to discuss an issue such as true and false prophets since they are predisposed to reject all prophets (as well as other spiritual gifts such as healing, speaking in tongues, working miracles).

Put away the evil from your midst indeed! (n)

Formersda

Dear Lurkers,

The fact of the matter is that the words of this poster indicate that the author rejects all the gifts of the Spirit, including the one Paul says God "placed in the CHURCH." If one arbitrarily rejects Paul's words in favor of their own post modern version of "truth" then it's a moot point attempting to discuss an issue such as true and false prophets since they are predisposed to reject all prophets (as well as other spiritual gifts such as healing, speaking in tongues, working miracles).

Put away the evil from your midst indeed! (n)
And where did he say he ejected all gifts of the spirit? Just because his explanation isn’t how you interpret it doesn’t mean he rejects the gift of prophecy.

Paul in the New Testament is clear about the function of prophecy, it is for the edifying of believers. But Hebrews 1:2 is clear that it is now Jesus who talks not prophets Jesus. It was Jesus who was the primary author of scripture, it was He who authored saving faith and is the perfector.

So in these last days it is Jesus who speaks not prophets who have “new revelation“.

The bible is sufficient for all things.

RiJoRi

I see the matter as either there are prophecies today (after the the canon was closed) or there are not. If there are not, fine. Any "prophecy" is false; chuck it (and maybe the "prophet") out. If there are prophecies today, then we must put on our "discerner hats" and go to work. First, Paul wrote to the Thessalonians (1Th 5:20-21 [ISV]) "Do not despise prophecies. Instead, test everything. Hold on to what is good." So we ask, "How were they to test prophecies?" By the Scriptures which they had, certainly. They had the Old Testament (Acts 17), and what does it say?

Deu 18:21-22 [ISV] "Now you may ask yourselves, ‘How will we be able to discern that the LORD has not spoken?’ Whenever a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, and the oracle does not come about or the word is not fulfilled, then the LORD has not spoken it. The prophet will have spoken presumptuously, so you need not fear him.”

OK, so test #1 is "Did the prophecy come to pass?" But wait! There's more!

Deu 13:1-3 [ISV] “A prophet or a diviner of dreams may arise among you, give you an omen or a miracle that takes place, and then he may tell you, ‘Let’s follow other gods (whom you have not known) and let’s serve them.’ Even though the sign or portent comes to pass, you must not listen to the words of that prophet or that diviner of dreams. For the LORD your God is testing you, to make known whether or not you’ll continue to love the LORD your God with all your heart and soul."

So, not only must the sign or portent come to pass, but the prophet also must NOT lead us astray — that is, try to get us to follow a false god. And a misrepresentation of the True God is, by definition, a false god.

So, there you have my "two scents" along with the two tests. And with that, I go back to sleep! 😴

--Rich

Icyspark

And where did he say he ejected all gifts of the spirit? Just because his explanation isn’t how you interpret it doesn’t mean he rejects the gift of prophecy.

Hi Formersda,

I supplied a link to his denial of all the gifts of the Spirit.

Paul in the New Testament is clear about the function of prophecy, it is for the edifying of believers. But Hebrews 1:2 is clear that it is now Jesus who talks not prophets Jesus. It was Jesus who was the primary author of scripture, it was He who authored saving faith and is the perfector.

So in these last days it is Jesus who speaks not prophets who have “new revelation“.

As if the function of prophecy didn't encompass edifying believers previously 🥱

Easton's Bible Dictionary has this to say about New Testament prophets:

In New Testament times the prophetical office was continued. Our Lord is frequently spoken of as a prophet (Luke 13:33; 24:19). He was and is the great Prophet of the Church. There was also in the Church a distinct order of prophets (1 Cor. 12:28; Eph. 2:20; 3:5), who made new revelations from God. They differed from the "teacher," whose office it was to impart truths already revealed.

That last underlined sentence in the quote above is essentially what you and Yodas_Prodigy are attempting to do with the office of prophet--make it into the same thing as a teacher. Thus y'all are pouring your own meaning into a biblical term. Cultists pour their own meanings into biblical terms and that's why it's always important to define terms when speaking with them. So feel free to supply a definition of a New Testament prophet from a mainstream Christian source which says a New Testament prophet is the same as a teacher. You won't cuz ya can't. But I'll wait.

And wait 💀

The bible is sufficient for all things.

Someone who was ever an SDA would know that Ellen White agrees with the above premise. Here are two examples:
However, that doesn't mean that God won't use prophets to correct biblical error or to prepare His people for His Son's soon return. Cultists don't understand this because they have transmogrified the office of prophet into a lesser spiritual gift of teaching.

I pray this helps.

JonHawk

Hi Formersda,

.... So feel free to supply a definition of a New Testament prophet from a mainstream Christian source which says a New Testament prophet is the same as a teacher. You won't cuz ya can't. But I'll wait.
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant through the Spirit who gives life. (2 Cor 3)

Formersda

Hi Formersda,

As if the function of prophecy didn't encompass edifying believers previously 🥱

Easton's Bible Dictionary has this to say about New Testament prophets:

In New Testament times the prophetical office was continued. Our Lord is frequently spoken of as a prophet (Luke 13:33; 24:19). He was and is the great Prophet of the Church. There was also in the Church a distinct order of prophets (1 Cor. 12:28; Eph. 2:20; 3:5), who made new revelations from God. They differed from the "teacher," whose office it was to impart truths already revealed.

That last underlined sentence in the quote above is essentially what you and Yodas_Prodigy are attempting to do with the office of prophet--make it into the same thing as a teacher. Thus y'all are pouring your own meaning into a biblical term. Cultists pour their own meanings into biblical terms and that's why it's always important to define terms when speaking with them. So feel free to supply a definition of a New Testament prophet from a mainstream Christian source which says a New Testament prophet is the same as a teacher. You won't cuz ya can't. But I'll wait.

And wait 💀

Someone who was ever an SDA would know that Ellen White agrees with the above premise. Here are two examples:
However, that doesn't mean that God won't use prophets to correct biblical error or to prepare His people for His Son's soon return. Cultists don't understand this because they have transmogrified the office of prophet into a lesser spiritual gift of teaching.

I pray this helps.
1st Corinthians 12:28
And God appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helps, administrators, various kinds of tongues.
Ephesians 2:20 Having built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone.
Ephesians 3:5 Which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit.

So the question back would be what is the mystery? What’s the mystery that Paul keeps talking about? The mystery is the gentiles being brought into the church.

I don’t need to be told by EGW to read the bible, she double talks I’ve already quoted where she says we must read her writings too.

I have never said that prophecy is a teacher, that’s you.
1st Corinthians 13:22-33
So then tongues are for a sign, not to those who be,I eve but to unbelievers, but PROPHECY is a sign, not to unbelievers but to those who believe.
Therefore if the whole church assembles together and all speak in tongues, and ungifted men or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are mad?
24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all;
25 the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.
26 What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;
28 but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God.
29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment.
30 But if a revelation is made to another who is seated, the first one must keep silent.
31 For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all may be exhorted;
32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets;
33 for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

If the bible is sufficient why do you need something new? And where in these verses you quoted I wrote out does it say the prophet brings new revelation?

“However, that doesn't mean that God won't use prophets to correct biblical error or to prepare His people for His Son's soon return.” So you are saying that the bible has error but EGW is without error? Why do you have a bible then?

How are you testing EGW prophecy? Is it via the interpretation of scripture EGW way or how the scriptures speak for itself? If you believe the scriptures have errors and these have been corrected by EGW then you wouldn’t be able to test her.

This is also saying God got it wrong and from the time of Moses scripture was in error so all the Jews read it wrong.

Last edited:

Formersda

However, that doesn't mean that God won't use prophets to correct biblical error or to prepare His people for His Son's soon return
Can you please list where the bible errored and EGW corrected it?

“The bible is sufficient for all things.” Yes I believe in the sufficiency of the bible.

Pastor Victor Hulbert Communication Director at the TED admitted in this video the sufficiency of scripture (is one of your church leaders incorrect on the sufficiency of scripture?)

Last edited:

Buzzard

Song of Solomon 7:13​
The mandrakes give a smell,

(Mandrake Wine and a bad belly Ache
Something stinks to high heaven)

Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field; let us lodge in the villages.
12 Let us get up early to the vineyards;
let us see if the vine flourish,
whether the tender grape appear,
and the pomegranates bud forth:
there will I give thee my loves.

13 The mandrakes give a smell,
and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits,
new and old,
which I have laid up for thee, O my beloved.

Matt.13:52
Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven
is like unto a man that is an householder,
which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
If the bible is sufficient why do you need something new? And where in these verses you quoted I wrote out does it say the prophet brings new revelation?
Matt.13:52
Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven
is like unto a man that is an householder,
which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Rev.10:9​
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him,​
Give me the little book.​
And he said unto me,​
Take it, and eat it up;​
and it shall make thy belly bitter,​
but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.​
10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up;​
and it was in my mouth sweet as honey:​
and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.​
11 And he said unto me,​
Thou must prophesy again before​
many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.​

and what is this Prophesy given the 2nd time ???????
Judgement has come unto the Church
1st Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God:
and if it first begin at us,
what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

And there was given me a reed like unto a rod:​
and the angel stood,​
saying,​
Rise, and measure
the temple of God,​
and the altar,​
and them that worship therein.​
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out,​
and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles:​

JonHawk

Hi Formersda,

Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”(Gal 3)
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant through the Spirit who gives life. (2 Cor 3)

Icyspark

Can you please list where the bible errored and EGW corrected it?

Hi Formersda,

The Bible certainly isn't in error and anyone who was ever a Seventh-day Adventist would know this. I'm sure even you know this but as usual there is trolling afoot. :alien:

Ellen White corrected the biblical errors of those like you who put elevates their finite opinions above the what the Bible says.

I pray this helps.

JonHawk

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. (1 Peter 1)
Hi Formersda,

The Bible certainly isn't in error and anyone who was ever a Seventh-day Adventist would know this. I'm sure even you know this but as usual there is trolling afoot. :alien:

Ellen White corrected the biblical errors of those like you who put elevates their finite opinions above the what the Bible says.
It became Him for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in the redemption of the world to save sinners by the blood of the Lamb.
Before the theme of redemption, let man lay his wisdom in the dust, and accept the plans of Him whose wisdom is infinite. ST December 30, 1889

Last edited:

SDAchristian

AV 1Jn 2:18-23 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also].
We’ll prove me wrong then cause that’s all there is in an Adventist church.
AV 1C 3:16-21 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are. 18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Some things in life are conditional on accepting the Holy Spirit's whispers in our souls. Many are so hard of hearing, they no longer listen to the Holy Spirit's whispers, to know if they are wrong or even 'defile'd.

EGW visions were for the truehearted in the SDA church, not all truehearted are in the SDA church. But prophecies fulfillment are coming, for “Enquiring minds want to know”, to make a truehearted final decision, as a "final answer" to the world in chaos.

"We’ll prove me wrong then ...", When murder by men occurs for corporate worship not matching Jesus' righteousness("Whosoever denieth the Son") in corporate worship, then probation has close for those who understands any or all of the spiritual meaning of GOD's rest.

You may or may not witness before men, against SDAs in "courts", but all our works, with the works of others are written in the Books of Heaven as witness of all works while in the living flesh, for all with access to review.

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. (1 Peter 1)

It became Him for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in the redemption of the world to save sinners by the blood of the Lamb.
Before the theme of redemption, let man lay his wisdom in the dust, and accept the plans of Him whose wisdom is infinite. ST December 30, 1889
EGW visions were for the truehearted in the SDA church, not all truehearted are in the SDA church.
Do you mean her temple vision when some were transferred to the kingdom of light and she remained in utter darkness?

SDAchristian

Do you mean her temple vision when some were transferred to the kingdom of light and she remained in utter darkness?
AV Mt 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.

So discussing conditional prophecies is an issue with you ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

SDAchristian said:
EGW visions were for the truehearted in the SDA church, not all truehearted are in the SDA church.

AV Mt 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.

So discussing conditional prophecies is an issue with you ???
I have no issues lawman.
Therefore there is now no condemnation at all for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son; (Rom 8)