Ellen White, False Prophet?

Formersda

Hi Formersda,

The Bible certainly isn't in error and anyone who was ever a Seventh-day Adventist would know this. I'm sure even you know this but as usual there is trolling afoot. :alien:

Ellen White corrected the biblical errors of those like you who put elevates their finite opinions above the what the Bible says.

I pray this helps.
No I haven’t put my finite opinions over scripture but you said yourself that
However, that doesn't mean that God won't use prophets to correct biblical error or to prepare His people for His Son's soon return. Cultists don't understand this because they have transmogrified the office of prophet into a lesser spiritual gift of teaching.
So your saying EGW corrected the errors show what ones she corrected? List them. Is it errors in the scripture or just her way of interpreting it?

And how am I supposed to know why she says is correct?

Icyspark

Icyspark: “However, that doesn't mean that God won't use prophets to correct biblical error or to prepare His people for His Son's soon return.” [Sorry, I could've articulated this more precisely so you couldn't use it to try to troll :alien: me. I should've said "to correct those who err from Bible truth."]
So you are saying that the bible has error but EGW is without error? Why do you have a bible then?

Hi Formersda,

Here's another quote from Ellen White:
“I recommend to you, dear reader, the Word of God as the rule of your faith and practice. By that Word we are to be judged. God has, in that Word, promised to give visions in the ‘last days’; not for a new rule of faith, but for the comfort of His people, and to correct those who err from Bible truth.”—Early Writings, 78.
That's the reason Ellen White gives for why God has promised to "give visions in the 'last days.'" What reason would you like to give for last day visions?

Acts 2:17
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

LURKERS: I predict that this text will be completely ignored. A false belief has been embraced which precludes the acceptance of all Bible texts which refute it. I call this thins-oration (it's the opposite of inspiration!). Thus the reason for Ellen White's statement above about visions "to correct those who err from Bible truth." This particular poster is a living example of this premise. It's just one denial after another.

I pray this helps.

Formersda

“I recommend to you, dear reader, the Word of God as the rule of your faith and practice. By that Word we are to be judged. God has, in that Word, promised to give visions in the ‘last days’; not for a new rule of faith, but for the comfort of His people, and to correct those who err from Bible truth.”—Early Writings, 78
Hi Icy,

Now you are saying to correct those who err from bible truth, but you had originally written “However, that doesn't mean that God won't use prophets to correct biblical error or to prepare His people for His Son's soon return.” With the original statement it looked like you where saying EGW corrected errors in the bible. So that has now been addressed by you.

You said..
“LURKERS: I predict that this text will be completely ignored. A false belief has been embraced which precludes the acceptance of all Bible texts which refute it. I call this thins-oration (it's the opposite of inspiration!).”
That’s a rather broad statement and making an assumption.

In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

No problem with the above, however 1st John 4:1 says
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

So how do I test EGW? And where in the bible does it say whoever has these visions or prophecies will correct biblical error?

So, going to the quotes you are posting where EGW says we must read the bible, if I have a bible do I need EGW? Does the Holy Spirit help me interpret the bible?

Icyspark

Hi Icy,

Now you are saying to correct those who err from bible truth, but you had originally written “However, that doesn't mean that God won't use prophets to correct biblical error or to prepare His people for His Son's soon return.” With the original statement it looked like you where saying EGW corrected errors in the bible. So that has now been addressed by you. [👈 Trolling :alien:]

Hi Formersda,

I don't know why you wish to waste your time with the above nonsense as I just addressed it. It's disingenuous and unChristlike.

You said..
“LURKERS: I predict that this text will be completely ignored. A false belief has been embraced which precludes the acceptance of all Bible texts which refute it. I call this thins-oration (it's the opposite of inspiration!).”

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

So how do I test EGW? And where in the bible does it say whoever has these visions or prophecies will correct biblical error?

So, going to the quotes you are posting where EGW says we must read the bible, if I have a bible do I need EGW? Does the Holy Spirit help me interpret the bible?

Bravo, you acknowledged the above text and even gave tacit approval of it. However, your recently stated position does not allow for ANY PROPHETS after Jesus . . . or maybe--as you hedge your bets a little--after "the book of Revelation" (see below). This is another dissembling, unscrupulous distraction ploy. Let's not be coy. You have rejected ALL PROPHETS not named in Scripture, so it would be futile to answer your questions about EGW since you've predetermined that there is zero possibility for prophets outside of those in the canon. First admit that your opinion on Hebrews 1:1, 2 is incorrect and that you believe that all the gifts of the Spirit are still available and then maybe we can move on to these other issues.

The verses you quote do not intimate continuous prophets who will give new revelation, that ended with the book of Revelation.

1st Corinthians 14:4 One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, the one who prophecies edifies the church. Verse 22 So then tongues are a sign, not to those who believe but unbelievers., but prophecy is a sign, not to unbelievers but to those who believe.

EGW cannot be used on unbelievers based on these passages and what the role of prophecy in the New Testament is.
God spoke through His son in these final days Hebrews 1:1-3, plus Revelation 22:18 and 19 is clear what Jesus will do with those who add or takeaway from that book.

You can't hide from your own false teachings.

You also made the following related comments:

A few verses from Revelation about prophets still does not prove your point.
But the verses any person SHOULD be looking at and any SDA spouting EGW Sunday law fallacy is Revelation 22:18,19. [👈 From the person who loves to CONDEMN others for what he identifies as prooftexting we see that hypocrisy lives!]
I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy of this book, IF ANYONE ADDS TO THEM, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book.
and IF ANYONE TAKES AWAY from the words of this prophecy God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book. [👈 More hypocrisy from someone who denies that the Ten Commandment covenant only contains TEN COMMANDS and insists on adding 603 additional ordinances to them.]

The book of Revelation is enough, we don’t need a “prophet“ adding to or taking away from it. This book warns us and any follower of EGW must heed that warning.

So, how are you now allowing for the book of Acts to be correct in saying that people will prophesy; have visions; have dreams; IN THE LAST DAYS? Your predetermined belief system cannot accommodate this plain affirmative without short circuiting your entire false paradigm. Your imposed understanding of Revelation 22:18, 19 reveals the duplicity in your disingenuous position regarding Acts 2:17. You can't have it both ways, but truly I love seeing you try ;)

I pray this helps.

Formersda

Hi Formersda,

I don't know why you wish to waste your time with the above nonsense as I just addressed it. It's disingenuous and unChristlike.

Bravo, you acknowledged the above text and even gave tacit approval of it. However, your recently stated position does not allow for ANY PROPHETS after Jesus . . . or maybe--as you hedge your bets a little--after "the book of Revelation" (see below). This is another dissembling, unscrupulous distraction ploy. Let's not be coy. You have rejected ALL PROPHETS not named in Scripture, so it would be futile to answer your questions about EGW since you've predetermined that there is zero possibility for prophets outside of those in the canon. First admit that your opinion on Hebrews 1:1, 2 is incorrect and that you believe that all the gifts of the Spirit are still available and then maybe we can move on to these other issues.

You can't hide from your own false teachings.

You also made the following related comments:

So, how are you now allowing for the book of Acts to be correct in saying that people will prophesy; have visions; have dreams; IN THE LAST DAYS? Your predetermined belief system cannot accommodate this plain affirmative without short circuiting your entire false paradigm. Your imposed understanding of Revelation 22:18, 19 reveals the duplicity in your disingenuous position regarding Acts 2:17. You can't have it both ways, but truly I love seeing you try ;)

I pray this helps.
but your suggesting I’m in agreement with you, I was accepting the verses you wrote. It’s the bible.

Icy if you started having visions and claimed they were from God how would Micheal test it?
I have asked many time how do you test the spirits so tell me how would Micheal test what you would say in a vision if you had them?

I totally believe in the bible alone, you can mock as much as you like but I cannot lose my salvation if I put all of my faith in Christ alone. I know that I don’t need EGW, David Koresh, Joseph Smith, Eddy Baker or any other prophet to lead me to Christ or to keep me in Christ.

You still did t answer the question how do I test what EGW is saying is true?

Icyspark

<snip> :alien:

Icy if you started having visions and claimed they were from God how would Micheal test it?
I have asked many time how do you test the spirits so tell me how would Micheal test what you would say in a vision if you had them?

I totally believe in the bible alone, you can mock as much as you like but I cannot lose my salvation if I put all of my faith in Christ alone. I know that I don’t need EGW, David Koresh, Joseph Smith, Eddy Baker or any other prophet to lead me to Christ or to keep me in Christ.

You still did t answer the question how do I test what EGW is saying is true?

Hi Formersda,

In response to this text☝️you said, "I have no problem with the above." Now we again see that you continue to say one thing and mean another. If you really believed what the Bible said you'd accept even those things which you've attempted to redact from it. I often imagine the Bibles of the critics looking like the X-files with all the important/relevant parts crossed out with a thick black line. Thinspiration (or inspiration in reverse).

How do you expect to test Ellen White against those Bible texts you've redacted from your Thinspired Bible Version (TBV)? You deny that "in the LAST DAYS" God will use people who "prophesy"; people who have "visions" and "dreams." You are in a constant state of denial and rejection, yet you wish for me to explain why you should accept Ellen White as a prophet? Phhhfft! Trolling :alien:

Do you believe you are saved "by faith alone"?

I pray this helps.

Wrenage

Hi Icy,

Now you are saying to correct those who err from bible truth, but you had originally written “However, that doesn't mean that God won't use prophets to correct biblical error or to prepare His people for His Son's soon return.” With the original statement it looked like you where saying EGW corrected errors in the bible. So that has now been addressed by you.

You said..

The Acts 2:17 reference is interesting because Peter says it was prophecied in Joel 2 and that Pentecost was a fulfillment of it. God's Word then has Peter tell what message was spoken at Pentecost to fulfill Joel's prophecy.

“Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25 David said about him:

“‘I saw the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest in hope,
27 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
you will not let your holy one see decay.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.’

29 “Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30 But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31 Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
35 until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”’

36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

The last day's message is Christ crucified. None of what was spoken at Pentecost as a fulfillment of Joel's prophecy was anything that isn't already in scripture. It is a mistake to think that "prophecy" means to add new revelation or tell the future. At its base level, "prophecy" is simply to speak God's word. I can prophecy right now...

"The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23.

"The blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanses us from all sin." 1 John 1:7.

The "prophets" at Pentecost added nothing new to the story, and their message was effective. It brought people to faith.

So if the Bible gives me a complete rundown of the message that fullfilled Joel's prophecy, why should I pay attention to people who use that verse to prop up their peculiar doctrines that are not scriptural?

Formersda

Hi Formersda,

In response to this text☝️you said, "I have no problem with the above." Now we again see that you continue to say one thing and mean another. If you really believed what the Bible said you'd accept even those things which you've attempted to redact from it. I often imagine the Bibles of the critics looking like the X-files with all the important/relevant parts crossed out with a thick black line. Thinspiration (or inspiration in reverse).

How do you expect to test Ellen White against those Bible texts you've redacted from your Thinspired Bible Version (TBV)? You deny that "in the LAST DAYS" God will use people who "prophesy"; people who have "visions" and "dreams." You are in a constant state of denial and rejection, yet you wish for me to explain why you should accept Ellen White as a prophet? Phhhfft! Trolling :alien:

I pray this helps.
Icy you said:
LURKERS: I predict that this text will be completely ignored. A false belief has been embraced which precludes the acceptance of all Bible texts which refute it. I call this thins-oration (it's the opposite of inspiration!). Thus the reason for Ellen White's statement above about visions "to correct those who err from Bible truth." This particular poster is a living example of this premise. It's just one denial after another.

Lurkers: note I did not ignore the text Icy quoted.

Then Icy said:
In response to this text
☝️
you said, "I have no problem with the above." Now we again see that you continue to say one thing and mean another. If you really believed what the Bible said you'd accept even those things which you've attempted to redact from it. I often imagine the Bibles of the critics looking like the X-files with all the important/relevant parts crossed out with a thick black line. Thinspiration (or inspiration in reverse).

How do you expect to test Ellen White against those Bible texts you've redacted from your Thinspired Bible Version (TBV)? You deny that "in the LAST DAYS" God will use people who "prophesy"; people who have "visions" and "dreams." You are in a constant state of denial and rejection, yet you wish for me to explain why you should accept Ellen White as a prophet? Phhhfft! Trolling

Lurkers: Damned if I do, damned if I don’t, I didn’t ignore the text and received this verbal abuse, yet if I had ignored the text I would have received verbal abuse.

And yes I do believe I am saved by faith alone, will that now be criticised?

Lurkers: And yet again no Adventist in this particular discussion can show how to test EGW?

Buzzard

Hi Formersda,

I pray this helps.
A cliché is a tired, stale phrase or idiom that, because of overuse, has lost its impact. What was once a fresh way of looking at something has become a weak prop for writing that feels unimaginative and dull. Clichés are what you write when you don’t have the energy or inspiration to think of a new way to express an idea.

Perhaps you can explain the SDA understanding of "Faith Alone"
or better yet, your personal understanding of
"Faith Alone"
just throwing out a Protestant cliche does not say much

pythons

Ellen White was markedly a false prophet - despite Christ repeatedly stating that He was impeccable Ellen White claimed Jesus WAS PECCABLE (subject to mutation). Christ is NOT subservient to Ellen White - its the other way around.

Formersda

Hi Formersda,

“I recommend to you, dear reader, the Word of God as the rule of your faith and practice. By that Word we are to be judged. God has, in that Word, promised to give visions in the ‘last days’; not for a new rule of faith, but for the comfort of His people, and to correct those who err from Bible truth.”—Early Writings, 78.
That's the reason Ellen White gives for why God has promised to "give visions in the 'last days.'" What reason would you like to give for last day visions?

I pray this helps.
Icy provides another quote by EGW but what does the official SDA fundamental say about the bible?

UPHOLDING THE PROTESTANT CONVICTION OF SOLA SCRIPTURA (“BIBLE ONLY”)​

1. Holy Scriptures​

The Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the written Word of God, given by divine inspiration.

The inspired authors spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. In this Word, God has committed to humanity the knowledge necessary for salvation.

The Holy Scriptures are the supreme, authoritative, and the infallible revelation of His will. They are the standard of character, the test of experience, the definitive revealer of doctrines, and the trustworthy record of God’s acts in history.

(Ps. 119:105; Prov. 30:5, 6; Isa. 8:20; John 17:17; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Heb. 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20, 21.)

So is it bible alone, or EGW correcting the errors in the bible alone?

pythons

Icy provides another quote by EGW but what does the official SDA fundamental say about the bible?

UPHOLDING THE PROTESTANT CONVICTION OF SOLA SCRIPTURA (“BIBLE ONLY”)​

1. Holy Scriptures​

The Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the written Word of God, given by divine inspiration.

The inspired authors spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. In this Word, God has committed to humanity the knowledge necessary for salvation.

The Holy Scriptures are the supreme, authoritative, and the infallible revelation of His will. They are the standard of character, the test of experience, the definitive revealer of doctrines, and the trustworthy record of God’s acts in history.

(Ps. 119:105; Prov. 30:5, 6; Isa. 8:20; John 17:17; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Heb. 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20, 21.)

That official statement must be placed into context with other authoritative statements.

Ellen White
The Bible
is written by inspired men, but IT is NOT God's mode of thought and expression. It is that of humanity. God, as a writer, is not represented. Men will often say such an expression is not like God. But God has not put Himself in words, in logic, in rhetoric, on trial in the Bible. The writers of the Bible were God's penmen, NOT His pen." (Selected Messages, Vol. 1, Chapter One "The Inspiration of the Prophetic Writers")

Ellen White
"As soon as I take my pen in hand I am not in darkness as to what to write. It is as plain and clear as a voice speaking to me, “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go.” “In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct [make plain] thy paths".
Ellen White
"In ancient times God spoke through the mouths of prophets and apostles. In these days he speaks to them by the Testimonies of his Spirit" (Testimonies, Vol. 4, p. 148; Vol. 5., p. 661)

Ellen White
Men may get up scheme after scheme and the enemy will seek to seduce souls from the truth, BUT all who believe the Lord has spoken through Sister White and has given her a message WILL BE SAFE FROM THE MANY DELUSIONS THAT WILL COME IN THESE LAST DAYS.” (same quote can be found inYE SHALL RECEIVE POWER p. 238.5

Icyspark

Hi Formersda,

Well, you're a perfect example of someone for whom the writings of Ellen White were given to help: "to correct those who err from Bible truth." Your errors are plentiful and ongoing. Error is in virtually everything you post. Then when you're caught in your error you act like you never said it (e.g. your agreement with Acts 2:17 for a split second but mere moments later a complete disavowal of it). This is not Christian behavior, neither is the incessant trolling Christlike :alien:

Icyspark

And yes I do believe I am saved by faith alone, will that now be criticised?

Hi Formersda,

There's only one text in the Bible which uses these three words in conjunction, and guess what? They say something spot on different than your imposed belief. Is that something to be criticized? Yes.

James 2:24
You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and NOT by faith alone.

That's what the Bible says. Here's how the critics of Adventism have this text in their Bibles:

You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and NOT by faith alone.

Just so we're clear, I don't believe that works save you, but Paul does admonish you to examine yourself to see if you're in the faith. He uses obedience to Christ as an indicator of determining if Jesus Christ is in you. You don't get to just proclaim, "I have faith!" and have no corresponding, collaborating works to back up your claim. If you have no works, then you fail the self exam and discover that Jesus Christ is actually not dwelling inside you.

So back to the topic you're avoiding:

Why are you having such a hard time affirming the above☝️premise? Is it because you've embraced an unbiblical belief that God can only use prophets at a particular time, in a particular way, and by particular persons? Your stated beliefs certainly bear this out. Thus your comments continue to bear out my belief that your teachings are heretical and antithetical.

The critics need to stop redacting the Scriptures to suit their predeceived confusions. 🤥

JonHawk

Hi Formersda,

There's only one text in the Bible which uses these three words in conjunction, and guess what? They say something spot on different than your imposed belief. Is that something to be criticized? Yes.

That's what the Bible says. Here's how the critics of Adventism have this text in their Bibles:

Just so we're clear, I don't believe that works save you, but Paul does admonish you to examine yourself to see if you're in the faith.

Yes, the apostles clearly admonish them to be in the faith, reconciled through Christ. "For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead." (James 2:26)

Do your work wholehearted, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that it is from the Lord that you will receive the inheritance. Col 3

Formersda

Hi Formersda,

Just so we're clear, I don't believe that works save you, but Paul does admonish you to examine yourself to see if you're in the faith. He uses obedience to Christ as an indicator of determining if Jesus Christ is in you. You don't get to just proclaim, "I have faith!" and have no corresponding, collaborating works to back up your claim. If you have no works, then you fail the self exam and discover that Jesus Christ is actually not dwelling inside you.

So back to the topic you're avoiding:

Why are you having such a hard time affirming the above☝️premise? Is it because you've embraced an unbiblical belief that God can only use prophets at a particular time, in a particular way, and by particular persons? Your stated beliefs certainly bear this out. Thus your comments continue to bear out my belief that your teachings are heretical and antithetical.

The critics need to stop redacting the Scriptures to suit their predeceived confusions. 🤥
Lurkers as I predicted I am being criticised. Icy said….

As I hold to the bible alone theory, sola scripture! Let’s use the bible to expositate itself.​
James 2:15-18​

15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
18 But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

James 2:21,22
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;

Hebrews 1:1-3
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2 For by it the men of old gained approval.
3 By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.
Please read the whole chapter as it does tell you about justified by faith.

Romans 3:21-31
21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.
31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

James 2:8-10
8 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Matthew 7:15-23
15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will know them by their fruits.
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

You can only read the bible through EGW lenses and if you want to do that go ahead. Ill just use scripture alone and allow for Jesus to justify me.

Jesus said in Matthew 13:13-15 quoting Isaiah for the Pharisees and people who just will not be honest enough to study the bible.

13 Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,

‘You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
You will keep on seeing, but will not perceive;
15 For the heart of this people has become dull,
With their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes,
Otherwise they would see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.’

I pray this helps and btw I will deal with issues from your posts one at a time so watch this space……

Formersda

Hi Formersda,

Well, you're a perfect example of someone for whom the writings of Ellen White were given to help: "to correct those who err from Bible truth." Your errors are plentiful and ongoing. Error is in virtually everything you post. Then when you're caught in your error you act like you never said it (e.g. your agreement with Acts 2:17 for a split second but mere moments later a complete disavowal of it). This is not Christian behavior, neither is the incessant trolling Christlike :alien:
Icy,

Attacking people:
  1. No name-calling, insults, or mockery of a board poster/member. No negative comments of any sort concerning any board poster/member/moderator/administrator. The rule applies only to forum posters/members. Posters are personally responsible for any comments made on persons, not members of the forum.
  2. Do not discuss a board poster on the forums/visitor messages/chat, do not comment using their user name, and, most importantly, no disrespectful comments about our Lord.
  3. Do not post any message that harasses, insult, belittle, threatens, or flames another guest personally. Using other websites/forums/chat to attack CARM users if documented to admin will result in immediate suspension.
  4. https://carm.org/uncategorized/carm-discussion-rules/
I have not attacked you or belittled you, you have consistently taken to insulting me based on your own perspective. Each time I post you twist it and torture it, trying to make out that anyone who doesn’t subscribe to your view is wrong, unchristlike or trolling.

Questioning a church or religion is not something personal.
Trolling is subjective and its what your feeling.

I feel that your behaviour towards me is Cyberbullying and has reinforced my decision to leave the sda church in amongst other reasons due to unchristian like behaviour, judgemental attitudes, not just in these boards but in the church as a whole.

I will reinforce that you cannot have salvation through EGW, salvation is through Christ alone. And I will continue to warn others the dangers of the SDA church. Our role a Christians is to be ready to defend the faith not a religion. To spread good news of the gospel and to expose false prophets and religions.

Last edited:

JonHawk

JonHawk:
Nor is there salvation in any other name; Acts 4:11-12

Hi Formersda,​
Do you believe you are saved "by faith alone"?​
A cliché is a tired, stale phrase or idiom that, because of overuse, has lost its impact. What was once a fresh way of looking at something has become a weak prop for writing that feels unimaginative and dull. Clichés are what you write when you don’t have the energy or inspiration to think of a new way to express an idea.

Perhaps you can explain the SDA understanding of "Faith Alone" or better yet, your personal understanding of "Faith Alone" just throwing out a Protestant cliche does not say much
SDAs have no concept of faith alone. He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. Heb 9:12

And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant; Heb 9:15

Last edited:

pythons

JonHawk:
Nor is there salvation in any other name; Acts 4:11-12

Hi Formersda,​
Do you believe you are saved "by faith alone"?​

SDAs have no concept of faith alone. He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. Heb 9:12

And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant; Heb 9:15

I'd say that Hebrews 6,19 is equally clear that the event happened prior to the Book of Hebrews being written.

"Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec".

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV 1C 13:9-13 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

AV Hb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Jesus Christ in the flesh, is "the same yesterday" in walking on earth, "to day" walking in heaven "and for ever" walking in Heaven in life eternal with all the saints.
SDAs have no concept of faith alone.
AV Mt 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

I will let Jesus decide between us on this towards "SDAs".

But I disagree with your statement above, as a blanket statement for all "SDAs" !!!

AV Hb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Seeing GOD said "my holy day", 'as seen in' the Life of Jesus as Jesus walked the earth.

Sunday rest and holiness is faith alone in who's word ???

AV Ja 2:17-20 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Both are examples of faith, "the evidence" being in only in the physical testimony of resulting works of faith, by both groups.

AV Jn 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

In the end, one faith will do murdering works to, the other faith, and the pretense of doing what they think is GOD's will, will be over.

You are aware that the man killed in the Bible for violating sabbath, had GOD's judgment of death, done in works by the rest of the congregation, not angels nor by government.

Yours in Christ, Michael