Ellen's TBI and the subsequent behaviors

John t

I am not a physician therefore I cannot make a diagnosis. However,hat I can is look at the descriptions of her history, and make assumptions based upon the common attributes of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI for short)

For sure Ellen had a serious concussion from the girl who threw a rock (?) at her. From that injury, she lost conscientiousness for 9 days Those are indisputable because it is part of the SDA church records.

Using today's medical terminology, and looking at the immediate results, it is not medical quackery to say that her brain injury was in the frontal lobe, which is the area directly behind the forehead. That is divided into two hemispheres, left and right
The frontal lobe is further divided into three sections.​
Each has specific functions:​
  • The hindbrain controls respiration and heart rate​
  • The midbrain controls reflex actions such as eye movement​
  • The forebrain controls emotional perceptions and responses, involuntary movements, sleep patterns, memory, and organizational ability​
Each of these regions carries out specific functions, and damage to any of these lobes results in corresponding impairment.​
The frontal lobes are relatively large compared to other regions of the brain, and the extensive functions controlled by the frontal lobe is reflected in its proportional size.​

Social and Emotional Skills​

The frontal lobe plays a substantial role in decision making, self-control, and emotional regulation, providing the ability to behave appropriately in interpersonal situations and to regulate behavior in a socially acceptable manner.​
Cognitive Skills
The frontal lobe also integrates thinking skills by maintaining attention, high-level thinking and problem-solving. It is believed that humans' large frontal lobes are responsible for advanced thinking and innovation, as well as the ability to imagine situations.​
Motor Function
There are some differences between the right and left frontal lobes. The back of the frontal lobe is a region called the motor strip, which controls and directs the body's voluntary (purposeful) physical movements. The left motor strip controls movements of the right side of the body, while the right motor strip controls movements of the left side of the body.​

Language and Spatial Abilities​

There are also functions that are predominantly controlled by the left frontal lobe or the right frontal lobe. Along with the neighboring parietal and temporal lobes, the dominant (usually the left side) frontal lobe is involved in language, rational, quantitative, and logical thinking, and analytical reasoning.​
The right frontal lobe is involved with creativity, imagination, intuition, curiosity, musical and artistic ability.​
The frontal lobes are relatively large compared to other regions of the brain, and the extensive functions controlled by the frontal lobe is reflected in its proportional size.​

Social and Emotional Skills​

The frontal lobe plays a substantial role in decision making, self-control, and emotional regulation, providing the ability to behave appropriately in interpersonal situations and to regulate behavior in a socially acceptable manner.​

Cognitive Skills​

The frontal lobe also integrates thinking skills by maintaining attention, high-level thinking and problem-solving. It is believed that humans' large frontal lobes are responsible for advanced thinking and innovation, as well as the ability to imagine situations.​
Motor Function
There are some differences between the right and left frontal lobes. The back of the frontal lobe is a region called the motor strip, which controls and directs the body's voluntary (purposeful) physical movements. The left motor strip controls movements of the right side of the body, while the right motor strip controls movements of the left side of the body.​
Language and Spatial Abilities
There are also functions that are predominantly controlled by the left frontal lobe or the right frontal lobe. Along with the neighboring parietal and temporal lobes, the dominant (usually the left side) frontal lobe is involved in language, rational, quantitative, and logical thinking, and analytical reasoning.​
The right frontal lobe is involved with creativity, imagination, intuition, curiosity, musical and artistic ability.
from https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-brains-frontal-lobe-3146196

What does this have to do with Ellen? According to what I read in researching this post is that

Each of these regions carries out specific functions, and damage to any of these lobes results in corresponding impairment. If you look at some of the strange things Ellen said or did, and compare them to the list of impairments, it is easily traced to certain areas of the frontal lobe having specific traits effected in someone with TBI

Thus this not a "hit piece" on Ellen; rather, it is a medical-based explanation for her weird stuff she did. Gotta go now.
nighty night!

SDAchristian

I am not a physician therefore I cannot make a diagnosis. However,hat I can is look at the descriptions of her history, and make assumptions based upon the common attributes of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI for short)
For sure Ellen had a serious concussion from the girl who threw a rock (?) at her. From that injury, she lost conscientiousness for 9 days Those are indisputable because it is part of the SDA church records.
Using today's medical terminology, and looking at the immediate results, it is not medical quackery to say that her brain injury was in the frontal lobe, which is the area directly behind the forehead. That is divided into two hemispheres, left and right
The frontal lobe is further divided into three sections.
Each has specific functions:
  • The hindbrain controls respiration and heart rate​
  • The midbrain controls reflex actions such as eye movement​
  • The forebrain controls emotional perceptions and responses, involuntary movements, sleep patterns, memory, and organizational ability​
Each of these regions carries out specific functions, and damage to any of these lobes results in corresponding impairment.
The frontal lobes are relatively large compared to other regions of the brain, and the extensive functions controlled by the frontal lobe is reflected in its proportional size.
Social and Emotional Skills
The frontal lobe plays a substantial role in decision making, self-control, and emotional regulation, providing the ability to behave appropriately in interpersonal situations and to regulate behavior in a socially acceptable manner.
Cognitive Skills
The frontal lobe also integrates thinking skills by maintaining attention, high-level thinking and problem-solving. It is believed that humans' large frontal lobes are responsible for advanced thinking and innovation, as well as the ability to imagine situations.
Motor Function
There are some differences between the right and left frontal lobes. The back of the frontal lobe is a region called the motor strip, which controls and directs the body's voluntary (purposeful) physical movements. The left motor strip controls movements of the right side of the body, while the right motor strip controls movements of the left side of the body.
There are also functions that are predominantly controlled by the left frontal lobe or the right frontal lobe. Along with the neighboring parietal and temporal lobes, the dominant (usually the left side) frontal lobe is involved in language, rational, quantitative, and logical thinking, and analytical reasoning.
The right frontal lobe is involved with creativity, imagination, intuition, curiosity, musical and artistic ability.
The frontal lobes are relatively large compared to other regions of the brain, and the extensive functions controlled by the frontal lobe is reflected in its proportional size.
Social and Emotional Skills
The frontal lobe plays a substantial role in decision making, self-control, and emotional regulation, providing the ability to behave appropriately in interpersonal situations and to regulate behavior in a socially acceptable manner.
Cognitive SkillsThe frontal lobe also integrates thinking skills by maintaining attention, high-level thinking and problem-solving. It is believed that humans' large frontal lobes are responsible for advanced thinking and innovation, as well as the ability to imagine situations.
Motor Function
There are some differences between the right and left frontal lobes. The back of the frontal lobe is a region called the motor strip, which controls and directs the body's voluntary (purposeful) physical movements. The left motor strip controls movements of the right side of the body, while the right motor strip controls movements of the left side of the body.
There are also functions that are predominantly controlled by the left frontal lobe or the right frontal lobe. Along with the neighboring parietal and temporal lobes, the dominant (usually the left side) frontal lobe is involved in language, rational, quantitative, and logical thinking, and analytical reasoning.
from https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-brains-frontal-lobe-3146196
What does this have to do with Ellen? According to what I read in researching this post is that
Each of these regions carries out specific functions, and damage to any of these lobes results in corresponding impairment. If you look at some of the strange things Ellen said or did, and compare them to the list of impairments, it is easily traced to certain areas of the frontal lobe having specific traits effected in someone with TBI
Thus this not a "hit piece" on Ellen; rather, it is a medical-based explanation for her weird stuff she did. Gotta go now.
nighty night!
AV 2C 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

EGW has some good company !!!

AV 2C 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Same for EGW too ???

In my opinion, many will judge GOD, by whom GOD uses, and not by the message given to the messenger, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Common Tater

AV 2C 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

EGW has some good company !!!

AV 2C 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Same for EGW too ???

In my opinion, many will judge GOD, by whom GOD uses, and not by the message given to the messenger, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
A message was given us by Christ in Scripture that we are not to take part in setting dates for His return. Why did Ellen White disobey our Lord's clear admonition in the Bible and take part in William Miller's date-setting movement? Why did she never repent for doing so?

Seventh-day Adventism's roots are based on disobedience to God's word.