Ellen's TBI and the subsequent behaviors

John t

I am not a physician therefore I cannot make a diagnosis. However,hat I can is look at the descriptions of her history, and make assumptions based upon the common attributes of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI for short)

For sure Ellen had a serious concussion from the girl who threw a rock (?) at her. From that injury, she lost conscientiousness for 9 days Those are indisputable because it is part of the SDA church records.

Using today's medical terminology, and looking at the immediate results, it is not medical quackery to say that her brain injury was in the frontal lobe, which is the area directly behind the forehead. That is divided into two hemispheres, left and right
The frontal lobe is further divided into three sections.​
Each has specific functions:​
  • The hindbrain controls respiration and heart rate​
  • The midbrain controls reflex actions such as eye movement​
  • The forebrain controls emotional perceptions and responses, involuntary movements, sleep patterns, memory, and organizational ability​
Each of these regions carries out specific functions, and damage to any of these lobes results in corresponding impairment.​
The frontal lobes are relatively large compared to other regions of the brain, and the extensive functions controlled by the frontal lobe is reflected in its proportional size.​

Social and Emotional Skills​

The frontal lobe plays a substantial role in decision making, self-control, and emotional regulation, providing the ability to behave appropriately in interpersonal situations and to regulate behavior in a socially acceptable manner.​
Cognitive Skills
The frontal lobe also integrates thinking skills by maintaining attention, high-level thinking and problem-solving. It is believed that humans' large frontal lobes are responsible for advanced thinking and innovation, as well as the ability to imagine situations.​
Motor Function
There are some differences between the right and left frontal lobes. The back of the frontal lobe is a region called the motor strip, which controls and directs the body's voluntary (purposeful) physical movements. The left motor strip controls movements of the right side of the body, while the right motor strip controls movements of the left side of the body.​

Language and Spatial Abilities​

There are also functions that are predominantly controlled by the left frontal lobe or the right frontal lobe. Along with the neighboring parietal and temporal lobes, the dominant (usually the left side) frontal lobe is involved in language, rational, quantitative, and logical thinking, and analytical reasoning.​
The right frontal lobe is involved with creativity, imagination, intuition, curiosity, musical and artistic ability.​
The frontal lobes are relatively large compared to other regions of the brain, and the extensive functions controlled by the frontal lobe is reflected in its proportional size.​

Social and Emotional Skills​

The frontal lobe plays a substantial role in decision making, self-control, and emotional regulation, providing the ability to behave appropriately in interpersonal situations and to regulate behavior in a socially acceptable manner.​

Cognitive Skills​

The frontal lobe also integrates thinking skills by maintaining attention, high-level thinking and problem-solving. It is believed that humans' large frontal lobes are responsible for advanced thinking and innovation, as well as the ability to imagine situations.​
Motor Function
There are some differences between the right and left frontal lobes. The back of the frontal lobe is a region called the motor strip, which controls and directs the body's voluntary (purposeful) physical movements. The left motor strip controls movements of the right side of the body, while the right motor strip controls movements of the left side of the body.​
Language and Spatial Abilities
There are also functions that are predominantly controlled by the left frontal lobe or the right frontal lobe. Along with the neighboring parietal and temporal lobes, the dominant (usually the left side) frontal lobe is involved in language, rational, quantitative, and logical thinking, and analytical reasoning.​
The right frontal lobe is involved with creativity, imagination, intuition, curiosity, musical and artistic ability.
from https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-brains-frontal-lobe-3146196

What does this have to do with Ellen? According to what I read in researching this post is that

Each of these regions carries out specific functions, and damage to any of these lobes results in corresponding impairment. If you look at some of the strange things Ellen said or did, and compare them to the list of impairments, it is easily traced to certain areas of the frontal lobe having specific traits effected in someone with TBI

Thus this not a "hit piece" on Ellen; rather, it is a medical-based explanation for her weird stuff she did. Gotta go now.
nighty night!

SDAchristian

I am not a physician therefore I cannot make a diagnosis. However,hat I can is look at the descriptions of her history, and make assumptions based upon the common attributes of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI for short)
For sure Ellen had a serious concussion from the girl who threw a rock (?) at her. From that injury, she lost conscientiousness for 9 days Those are indisputable because it is part of the SDA church records.
Using today's medical terminology, and looking at the immediate results, it is not medical quackery to say that her brain injury was in the frontal lobe, which is the area directly behind the forehead. That is divided into two hemispheres, left and right
The frontal lobe is further divided into three sections.
Each has specific functions:
  • The hindbrain controls respiration and heart rate​
  • The midbrain controls reflex actions such as eye movement​
  • The forebrain controls emotional perceptions and responses, involuntary movements, sleep patterns, memory, and organizational ability​
Each of these regions carries out specific functions, and damage to any of these lobes results in corresponding impairment.
The frontal lobes are relatively large compared to other regions of the brain, and the extensive functions controlled by the frontal lobe is reflected in its proportional size.
Social and Emotional Skills
The frontal lobe plays a substantial role in decision making, self-control, and emotional regulation, providing the ability to behave appropriately in interpersonal situations and to regulate behavior in a socially acceptable manner.
Cognitive Skills
The frontal lobe also integrates thinking skills by maintaining attention, high-level thinking and problem-solving. It is believed that humans' large frontal lobes are responsible for advanced thinking and innovation, as well as the ability to imagine situations.
Motor Function
There are some differences between the right and left frontal lobes. The back of the frontal lobe is a region called the motor strip, which controls and directs the body's voluntary (purposeful) physical movements. The left motor strip controls movements of the right side of the body, while the right motor strip controls movements of the left side of the body.
There are also functions that are predominantly controlled by the left frontal lobe or the right frontal lobe. Along with the neighboring parietal and temporal lobes, the dominant (usually the left side) frontal lobe is involved in language, rational, quantitative, and logical thinking, and analytical reasoning.
The right frontal lobe is involved with creativity, imagination, intuition, curiosity, musical and artistic ability.
The frontal lobes are relatively large compared to other regions of the brain, and the extensive functions controlled by the frontal lobe is reflected in its proportional size.
Social and Emotional Skills
The frontal lobe plays a substantial role in decision making, self-control, and emotional regulation, providing the ability to behave appropriately in interpersonal situations and to regulate behavior in a socially acceptable manner.
Cognitive SkillsThe frontal lobe also integrates thinking skills by maintaining attention, high-level thinking and problem-solving. It is believed that humans' large frontal lobes are responsible for advanced thinking and innovation, as well as the ability to imagine situations.
Motor Function
There are some differences between the right and left frontal lobes. The back of the frontal lobe is a region called the motor strip, which controls and directs the body's voluntary (purposeful) physical movements. The left motor strip controls movements of the right side of the body, while the right motor strip controls movements of the left side of the body.
There are also functions that are predominantly controlled by the left frontal lobe or the right frontal lobe. Along with the neighboring parietal and temporal lobes, the dominant (usually the left side) frontal lobe is involved in language, rational, quantitative, and logical thinking, and analytical reasoning.
from https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-brains-frontal-lobe-3146196
What does this have to do with Ellen? According to what I read in researching this post is that
Each of these regions carries out specific functions, and damage to any of these lobes results in corresponding impairment. If you look at some of the strange things Ellen said or did, and compare them to the list of impairments, it is easily traced to certain areas of the frontal lobe having specific traits effected in someone with TBI
Thus this not a "hit piece" on Ellen; rather, it is a medical-based explanation for her weird stuff she did. Gotta go now.
nighty night!
AV 2C 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

EGW has some good company !!!

AV 2C 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Same for EGW too ???

In my opinion, many will judge GOD, by whom GOD uses, and not by the message given to the messenger, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Common Tater

AV 2C 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

AV 2C 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Same for EGW too ???

In my opinion, many will judge GOD, by whom GOD uses, and not by the message given to the messenger, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
A message was given us by Christ in Scripture that we are not to take part in setting dates for His return. Why did Ellen White disobey our Lord's clear admonition in the Bible and take part in William Miller's date-setting movement? Why did she never repent for doing so?

Seventh-day Adventism's roots are based on disobedience to God's word.

Reactions: Mik

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Jn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
A message was given us by Christ in Scripture that we are not to take part in setting dates for His return. Why did Ellen White disobey our Lord's clear admonition in the Bible and take part in William Miller's date-setting movement? Why did she never repent for doing so?
Seventh-day Adventism's roots are based on disobedience to God's word.
AV Lk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Okay then, did she ever do it again then ???

Who did EGW sin against in participating in date setting ???

AV Mt 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Have you ever thought that, if GOD judged like you do on EVERY GOD defined sin, in willing disobedience, who would be saved ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Common Tater

Prologue:
AV Jn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

AV Lk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Okay then, did she ever do it again then ???

Who did EGW sin against in participating in date setting ???

AV Mt 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Have you ever thought that, if GOD judged like you do on EVERY GOD defined sin, in willing disobedience, who would be saved ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Who did she sin against? I would think that if the Lord tells you not to do something and then you do that very thing, it would be obvious. Oh, and then she also claimed that those Christians who obeyed what Jesus had said about not date-setting and refused to do so by joining William Miller's movement were lost.

You are trying to excuse the willful disobedience that your church was built on.

Formersda

Wow very hypocritical Michael as this is exactly what you are doing here. Judging others on what you define is a sin against God. Not one of us has held to the disobedience of date setting, and the investigative judgement doctrine comes from that disobedience.

Common Tater

Wow very hypocritical Michael as this is exactly what you are doing here. Judging others on what you define is a sin against God. Not one of us has held to the disobedience of date setting, and the investigative judgement doctrine comes from that disobedience.
Oh, the irony. Now he's defending willful disobedience and suggesting that God gives it a pass when He is judging someone.

Common Tater

Speaking of hypocritical, here is an article on Ellen White and her views on date-setting. You will find that although she was fine with her own participation with William Miller's erroneous date-setting movement, she was now shown in vision that God now frowned upon it. Kinda skipped right over that she chose to disobey Matthew 24 and Acts 1 which had been warning believers against doing such a thing for some 1800 years at that point.

John t

The problem with certain posters is that they have more "fun" looking at other person's supposed "sins" in order to point a condemning finger than looking into the mirror that God paces before us in the Bible.

These sorts of posters are self-deluded and short sighted. They are ravenous wolves seeking to condemn those who, according to Romans 8:1 HAVE NO CONDEMNING SIN.. In the process of ignoring Paul's teaching about our freedom we have in Christ, They wish to have free men and women shackled into slavish bondage to an unlearned and unstable woman (by nature of her TBI)

I am not the lone poster saying that:

According to the Brain Injury Association of America, some common early characteristics of traumatic brain injury include headache, dizziness, memory problems, disorientation, nausea and vomiting. Later symptoms can include additional issues such as fatigue, mood swings, tinnitus, difficulty concentrating, anxiety and depression.​
Moderate to severe TBI can have a wide range of long term consequences for injury victims that can have a lasting impact on quality of life. Some examples of cognitive problems that can be caused by traumatic brain injury include memory problems, trouble concentrating and a decreased attention span. These injuries can also cause long term problems ranging from seizures and chronic pain to sleep and mood disorders.

It is no secret that Ellen had catalepsy seizures but her sycophants call them "visions" and they also ignore her stated addiction to vinegar. That is called "conformation bias" It is the same thing that happened when the Emperor showed off his "new clothes", and all the people told him how fine the clothes were. Well, Ellen is as naked as the Emperor and some SDAs get upset when her nakedness is exposed. THAT is being delusional.

Mik

Same for EGW too ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Are you saying ellen is on par with Paul, whom Christ hand picked and spoke to specifically? Are her words equal to the Word of God, Paul's writings?

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV 1C 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
Are you saying ellen is on par with Paul, whom Christ hand picked and spoke to specifically? Are her words equal to the Word of God, Paul's writings?
AV Lk 11:49-51 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and [some] of them they shall slay and persecute: 50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; 51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

The problem is really, if GOD really talked to ALL of them, why are they not ALL equal, because GOD is the same for ALL messengers, Right ???

Whether any believe or not, GOD will judge everyone who misjudges GOD's messengers, from Christ all the way down to the least messenger.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ac 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.
You are trying to excuse the willful disobedience that your church was built on.
A little perspective please !!!

When did EGW have her first vision ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

You are entitled to state that as your opinion.

AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

We have been properly warned by Jesus' own words, about our words going into "the day of judgment".

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

The problem with certain posters is that they have more "fun" looking at other person's supposed "sins" in order to point a condemning finger than looking into the mirror that God paces before us in the Bible.
These sorts of posters are self-deluded and short sighted. They are ravenous wolves seeking to condemn those who, according to Romans 8:1 HAVE NO CONDEMNING SIN.. In the process of ignoring Paul's teaching about our freedom we have in Christ, They wish to have free men and women shackled into slavish bondage to an unlearned and unstable woman (by nature of her TBI)
I am not the lone poster saying that:
According to the Brain Injury Association of America, some common early characteristics of traumatic brain injury include headache, dizziness, memory problems, disorientation, nausea and vomiting. Later symptoms can include additional issues such as fatigue, mood swings, tinnitus, difficulty concentrating, anxiety and depression.​
Moderate to severe TBI can have a wide range of long term consequences for injury victims that can have a lasting impact on quality of life. Some examples of cognitive problems that can be caused by traumatic brain injury include memory problems, trouble concentrating and a decreased attention span. These injuries can also cause long term problems ranging from seizures and chronic pain to sleep and mood disorders.
It is no secret that Ellen had catalepsy seizures but her sycophants call them "visions" and they also ignore her stated addiction to vinegar. That is called "conformation bias" It is the same thing that happened when the Emperor showed off his "new clothes", and all the people told him how fine the clothes were. Well, Ellen is as naked as the Emperor and some SDAs get upset when her nakedness is exposed. THAT is being delusional.
Have you ever considered GOD's understanding here and your opinion/understanding may be at odds with each other ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Formersda

Prologue:
AV Ac 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Yours in Christ, Michael
1. The first vision was given on an unknown day in December 1844. During the balance of the 1840s—especially during 1848-1850—the predominant emphasis and focus of vision content appear to have been the sorting out and developing of a doctrinal framework of the Seventh-day Adventist belief system of “present truth,” as our pioneers were wont to call it. https://m.egwwritings.org/en/book/659.722

My first vision (otherwise known as the narrow road vision, very similar to the one Uriah Smith had on the narrow path, we do now know EGW copied from other sources)
1This view was given soon after the Great Advent Disappointment in 1844, and was first published in 1846. Only a few of the events of the future were seen at that time. Later views have been more full.

I have seen that the 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord, and that it should not be altered; that the figures were as He wanted them; that His hand was over and hid a mistake in some of the figures, so that none could see it, until His hand was removed.”—Early Writings, 74. here she is blame God for the mistake in the dates.

Last edited:

Formersda

Have you ever considered GOD's understanding here and your opinion/understanding may be at odds with each other ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
have you ever considered God’s understanding here and your opinion/understanding may be at odds with each other?

Formersda

Yours in Christ, Michael
Hi Micheal,

Ellen denied the full deity of Jesus Christ which is at odds with scripture.

Cumbered with humanity, Christ could not be in every place personally; therefore it was altogether for their advantage that He should leave them, go to His Father, and send the Holy Spirit to be His successor on earth. The Holy Spirit is Himself, divested of the personality of humanity, and independent thereof. He would represent Himself as present in all places by His Holy Spirit, as the Omnipresent. “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall [although unseen by you] teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. ... Nevertheless, I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.” [John 14:26; 16:7.]

Colossians 1:19 For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him (Jesus)
Colossians 2:9 For in Him (Jesus) all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.

Matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Any departure from the full deity of Jesus Christ is outside of the kingdom of God, this is the line of distinction between biblical Christianity and all cults and false religions it’s the denial of the full deity of Jesus Christ.

What EGW states there is clear she did not read more than one text at a time, all she has done here is to rip verses out of context to prove her falsehood.

Jesus never lost one part of the attributes only God has and is heresy to suggest otherwise.

Common Tater

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
First "vision" sometime after failed return of Christ on Oct 22, 1844. However, she joined Millerite disobedience of setting date for the Lord's return after his second visit to Portland in June 1842. Actually, if you read what she wrote after hearing him speak in 1840, it is most likely she accepted the date-setting message in 1840. What is your point?

Last edited:

Mik

Prologue:
AV 1C 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

AV Lk 11:49-51 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and [some] of them they shall slay and persecute: 50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; 51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

The problem is really, if GOD really talked to ALL of them, why are they not ALL equal, because GOD is the same for ALL messengers, Right ???

Whether any believe or not, GOD will judge everyone who misjudges GOD's messengers, from Christ all the way down to the least messenger.

Yours in Christ, Michael
So do the SDA's consider Ellen a prophet/ messenger of God? Well, if you believe the Bible is the Word of God then we KNOW God spoke to THEM. There is no evidence that Ellen was a prophet/messenger, in fact I've read on this forum and other sources that show she was a false prophet. She has added nothing that has not already been revealed by God's know prophets of His Word. Her non-biblical/false teachings have been well documented on this site and elsewhere. But the blind will not see. Also, your not so subtle pronouncements of judgement upon those who do no believe Ellen was a prophet are noted.
Matt 24:11, Jer 23:16, Rom 16:17-18, Matt 7:15, 1 John 4:1, Matt 24:24, 2 Tim 4:3. I could go on.