Ellen's TBI and the subsequent behaviors

John t

If indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus...
Do Not Grieve the Spirit
Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. (Ephesians 4:21-25)

Give it up, guy!

Not every post on CARM is a "life or death matter". Sometimes posters make harmless snarky posts just to have a chuckle or two. I have learned the value of an appropriate emoji. It helps to let the other poster know that no harm is intended in a silly remark.

Do you know how to laugh, or do you consider laughter a sin? :rolleyes:

JonHawk

Give it up, guy!
As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 1 Peter 4:10
Not every post on CARM is a "life or death matter". Sometimes posters make harmless snarky posts just to have a chuckle or two. I have learned the value of an appropriate emoji. It helps to let the other poster know that no harm is intended in a silly remark.

Oh, you were trying to be funny, don't quit your day job.

JonHawk

Those who are in a right standing with God will see and laugh
at those pompous windbags who did not trust in Christ. Ps. 52

laughs-best-who-laughs-last.JPG

JonHawk

Talking about yourself, or another poster?
Simply addressing your question lol

Last edited:

JonHawk

Common Tater said:
Have you stopped sinning?

In who's authority do you use, to understanding sin as ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
I didn’t come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance [get a new heart and live]. (Luke 5:31)

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.

Last edited:

John t

Oh, you were trying to be funny, don't quit your day job.

Retired.

Your personal jabs are irrelevant because they do not apply to me.
John t said:

Talking about yourself, or another poster?

Simply addressing your question lol

Seems to be more like avoiding the issue, and attempting to get in jabs in retaliation for a simple, non-insulting straightforward question. But that is on you, not me.

JonHawk

John t:
Do you know how to laugh,...?

Retired.

Your personal jabs are irrelevant because they do not apply to me.
Happy retirement.

It wasn't a personal jab, it was in general.
Seems to be more like avoiding the issue, and attempting to get in jabs in retaliation for a simple, non-insulting straightforward question.
You didn't ask any relevant question and the issue is whether you're a sinner or redeemed from sin.
But that is on you, not me.
What you imagine is on me is irrelevant.
Keep your behavior excellent among those outside, so that they may glorify God on the day of visitation. 1 Peter 2:12

He predestined us to adoption as sons and daughters through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, with which He favored us in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood; (Eph 1)

Last edited:

JonHawk

So you like C. H. Spurgeon's ad-libs ???
That was my paraphrase of Psalms 52, but I can see why you would have a problem with Charlie.

“We are not called to proclaim philosophy and metaphysics, but the simple gospel. Man’s fall, his need of a new birth, forgiveness through atonement, and salvation as the result of faith; "

“There are no crown-bearers in heaven that were not cross-bearers on earth.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon

SDAchristian

Prologue:
"That was my paraphrase of Psalms 52", Thank you for the clarification.
That was my paraphrase of Psalms 52, but I can see why you would have a problem with Charlie.
“We are not called to proclaim philosophy and metaphysics, but the simple gospel. Man’s fall, his need of a new birth, forgiveness through atonement, and salvation as the result of faith; "
“There are no crown-bearers in heaven that were not cross-bearers on earth.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon
He had the habit of referring to Sunday as Sabbath. Right idea, poor spiritual application.

AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

He had the habit of referring to Sunday as Sabbath. Right idea, poor spiritual application.

AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Actually my SDA friend, your previous description of idle words was dead on:

SDAchristian said: The Catch22 of being a prophet of GOD, coming close to recognize our total fallen condition, and need of Christ, until the very end of man's existence.​

C. H. Spurgeon :: A Day to Be Remembered

What can give man a greater consolation than for the Lord Jesus Christ to bear witness to the fact of his salvation. "Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house."​
His Spirit is equally divine, and he is with as always; and you may have the Spirit of God bearing witness with your spirit that you are the children of God.​
And you know, in your own soul, that you have passed from death unto life, because the Holy Spirit has sealed that truth upon your heart.​
If anything can make a man leap for joy, it ought to be the assurance of his eternal safety.​
So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath. Mark 2:27-28

Last edited: