Elohim: is it plural

You are misquoting the verse. The question at the beginning of your quote does not exist in scripture. Here is Exodus 7:1:
The Lord said to Moses, "See! I have made you a lord over Pharaoh, and Aaron, your brother, will be your speaker.
I was not trying to quote the verse. I was trying to convey what the verse was telling us....

There was zero point to his post.
He has made quite a few odd remarks in this thread. To start with, he title it Semitism, but the thread seems to be about anti-Semitism. And he has certainly made some disturbing remarks about Jews.

We've entered a new era. It used to be that when someone said something anti-Semitic, they would be condemned from all corners. That's not happening anymore. Jew haters are emboldened to state their true feelings, and people are just standing by blinking. From history, we know better than to write off anti-Semitism as just mere words. The state of things absolutely gives me chills.

He has made quite a few odd remarks in this thread. To start with, he title it Semitism, but the thread seems to be about anti-Semitism. And he has certainly made some disturbing remarks about Jews.

We've entered a new era. It used to be that when someone said something anti-Semitic, they would be condemned from all corners. That's not happening anymore. Jew haters are emboldened to state their true feelings, and people are just standing by blinking. From history, we know better than to write off anti-Semitism as just mere words. The state of things absolutely gives me chills.
Get your aliyah papers ready...

Christians often try to use the argument that Elohim is plural in their attempt to prove the Trinity.

But it is just not true. While it is true that the addition of yod mem ("im") to a word can make it plural, it does not follow that every word with a yod mem at the end is automatically a plural.

I draw your attention to Exodus 7:1
The Lord said to Moses, "See! I have made you a lord over Pharaoh, and Aaron, your brother, will be your speaker.אוַיֹּ֤אמֶר יְהֹוָה֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה רְאֵ֛ה נְתַתִּ֥יךָ אֱלֹהִ֖ים לְפַרְעֹ֑ה וְאַֽהֲרֹ֥ן אָחִ֖יךָ יִֽהְיֶ֥ה נְבִיאֶֽךָ:
The word "lord" (sometimes translated as judge or god) is elohim in Hebrew. You can spot it on the right as אֱלֹהִ֖ים

Now, is Moses plural? No, he is one person.

So in conclusion, the word elohim can be either a plural or a singular depending on the context of the sentence. It does NOT automatically imply plurality.ELOHIM BEING

Back