Essential doctrines

dingoling.

We keep hearing that Christians are not divided over essential doctrines.

What are the essential doctrines of the Christian faith?

Are any in conflict with the official teachings of the Catholic faith?

No one wants to give a list of essential doctrines? I would submit for the CC that the essential doctrines are found in the creeds.

Nicene creed:

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Would other Christians consider all these as essential doctrines? Are there other doctrines that are essential? Thanks.

Don't you mean Christian and Catholic doctrines; Christians are not allowed to debate amongst themselves in a Roman Catholic Forum.

Christian: 'one sinless mediator and advocate'
RCC: 'two sinless mediators and advocates'

Don't you mean Christian and Catholic doctrines; Christians are not allowed to debate amongst themselves in a Roman Catholic Forum.

If there is agreement among Christians over essential doctrines, as we are told, then there shouldn't be a debate, right?

The CC teaching on this would not be considered an essential doctrine for Christians. I am looking for what Christians consider essential doctrines that they all agree upon. Thanks.

If there is agreement among Christians over essential doctrines, as we are told, then there shouldn't be a debate, right?
Excluding Catholics?

The CC teaching on this would not be considered an essential doctrine for Christians. I am looking for what Christians consider essential doctrines that they all agree upon. Thanks.
This is what you asked:

Excluding Catholics?

This is what you asked:
No.

Are there any conflict with what Christians consider essential doctrines and what the CC believes concerning those essential doctrines?

Are any of these essential doctrines in conflict with the official teachings of the Catholic faith?

No.

Are there any conflict with what Christians consider essential doctrines and what the CC believes concerning those essential doctrines?

Are any of these essential doctrines in conflict with the official teachings of the Catholic faith?
No? Then provide an example of "essential doctrines in conflict with the official teachings of the Catholic faith."
I gave you one; you seem to ignore it:

No? Then provide an example of "essential doctrines in conflict with the official teachings of the Catholic faith."
I gave you one; you seem to ignore it:
The those are not "two sinless mediators and advocates" are not essential doctrines for nCCs.

Christian essentials is NOT the impetus of this forum. The impetus is to discuss how RCism is NOT Christian. So, I can think of a 3 RC essentials, off the top of my head, that makes it non-Christian.

1) The eucharist for forgiveness of sins and reception of grace
2) Submission to the pope for salvation
3) Submission to the RCc for salvation

Christian essentials is NOT the impetus of this forum. The impetus is to discuss how RCism is NOT Christian. So, I can think of a 3 RC essentials, off the top of my head, that makes it non-Christian.

The goal was to see a list of essential doctrines of nCCs and show that every one of those essential doctrines are what we believe as Catholics too.

The goal was to see a list of essential doctrines of nCCs and show that every one of those essential doctrines are what we believe as Catholics too.
Your op better belongs on "Doctrine Questions", not the RC forum. Why? Because Christian essentials is NOT the impetus of this forum. The impetus is to discuss how RCism is NOT Christian. So, I can think of three RC essentials, off the top of my head, that makes it non-Christian.

No one wants to give a list of essential doctrines? I would submit for the CC that the essential doctrines are found in the creeds.

Nicene creed:

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Would other Christians consider all these as essential doctrines? Are there other doctrines that are essential? Thanks.
I applaud the spirit of this post--but on this, unfortunately due to the owners of the website, the Protestants have the upper hand here. Protestants do not have to defend what they believe on these boards, and in fact, are not allowed to do so. We are the ones who have to defend what we believe.

The rules do not allow them to debate their differences on these boards--which is what would wind up happening if they were allowed to respond to your post in any meaningful or substantive way.

romishpopishorganist said:
I applaud the spirit of this post--but on this, unfortunately due to the owners of the website, the Protestants have the upper hand here. Protestants do not have to defend what they believe on these boards, and in fact, are not allowed to do so. We are the ones who have to defend what we believe.

The rules do not allow them to debate their differences on these boards--which is what would wind up happening if they were allowed to respond to your post in any meaningful or substantive way.
================end ROP post

Not so; this is the RCC forum
here we discuss the RCC
if you want these Protestants to defend what they espouse
take it to the correct forum
I'll join you there
4 the most part, you are correct
Bible only is in reality
"As taught by them"
for the most part its what their Preach tells them

Last edited:
No the goal is to get us non-rc's to debate each other in a forum that is for discussion of all things rc.

A new day said:
No the goal is to get us non-rc's to debate each other in a forum that is for discussion of all things rc.
dingoling. said:
No, I wanted to show that everyone of those essentials doctrines are taught by the Catholic church.
=================end ding's reply

Not so there ding
your goal was to get posters to "Strike Hands" with Rome
and that posters; is the words of Solomon

those that do are; as Solomon says
"snared by thyne on words"
taken by the trap set by the Fowler"
and eat of the fruit of the evil tree

And what concord hath Christ with Belial?
or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

No, I wanted to show that everyone of those essentials doctrines are taught by the Catholic church.

Any denomination that claims to be Christian but deny one or more of the essentials of the Christian faith is to be avoided.

Jesus is the Son of God and is equal with God
Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life
Jesus was crucified to pay the penalty for our sins
Jesus rose from the dead
We are saved by the grace of God; that is, we cannot add to or take away from Christ’s finished work on the cross as full payment for our sin
God's written word is infallible

Jesus is fully God, and fully man at the same time
There must be a spiritual transformation

There is only one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons — the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Are co-equal and co-eternal, one in essence, nature, power, action, and will.

contrast this with the rcc

Rc's will NOT accept that....

We are saved by the grace of God; that is, we cannot add to or take away from Christ’s finished work on the cross as full payment for our sin

The rcc has added faith, and complete trust in the rcc institution for salvation, even though neither are in Scripture or even hinted in Scripture.
Has added worship of mary, an institution, dead people, which is forbidden in Scripture.

The rcc demands an outward reverence and commitment to itself, and puts itself above Jesus as Creator. It's what the rcc teaches and demands of its adherents that are flat out NOT compatible with Christianity. The major issue being the idolatry that is in full swing in the rcc.

Giving any form of extra adoration or higher reverence towards a human or objects is giving God's glory to another, that He has already stated in Scripture that He will NOT share. The difference between “adoration” and “highest veneration” is difficult to see. Elevating mary with titles such as mediatrix, co-redemptrix, cause of our salvation, most holy mother of god, our Immaculate lady, and queen of heaven cannot help but foster mariolatry. Singing hymns to mary, praying to her, kissing her picture, parading her image through the streets, and bowing down before her statue reflect a degree of reverence that certainly imitates idolatry.

There is nothing in Scripture which teaches us to look to an institution or mary or dead people to provide salvation.

Any denomination that claims to be Christian but deny one or more of the essentials of the Christian faith is to be avoided.

Jesus is the Son of God and is equal with God

The CC teaches this.

Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life

The CC teaches this.

Jesus was crucified to pay the penalty for our sins

The CC teaches this.

Jesus rose from the dead

The CC teaches this.

The CC teaches this.

God's written word is infallible

The CC teaches this.

Jesus is fully God, and fully man at the same time

The CC teaches this.

The CC teaches this.

There is only one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons — the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Are co-equal and co-eternal, one in essence, nature, power, action, and will.

The CC teaches this.
Thanks for your response.

When any institution demands people to worship it instead of the living God, it has ceased to be Christ centered. Adds or takes away from Scripture, it had ceased to be anything about Christ. Your institution just gives lip service, but its real god is itself. The rcc believes x,y, and z... but so does satan and the demons.

What your institution doesn't do ding, is trust God. Which is the most important thing anyone can do.

Back