Evangelical Anglicans are becoming Catholic

Stella1000

This branch of the Anglican Church are not normally where converts come from but increasingly they are making the leap. "Former Anglican Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali was received into the Catholic Church in 2021 and ordained as a priest of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham." This is a short grab from an interview he gave The Pillar website to explain his conversion.

Why did you decide to become a Catholic?

I’ve often said to people that my decision didn’t so much have to do with this issue or that, but how decisions are made, on what basis, and by what authority.

I think that the Lambeth Conference [an international gathering of Anglican bishops every 10 years], although it had no legal authority over the provinces, had moral authority. Repeatedly on questions of church order, on questions about marriage, the Lambeth Conference would make one decision and then the provinces would go and do something quite different.

I understand the Archbishop of Canterbury said recently in Egypt that “we make decisions by consensus, and even then people are free to do what they like.” Well, this doesn’t work. We need a way of making decisions that have universal importance that stick universally. Otherwise, chaos results.

My second reason was that you need a body of teaching to which the faithful can refer when they need to do so, and indeed clergy as well in their office of preaching and teaching on a whole host of issues that face the faithful.

Third, is that, though I’m not in favor of magisterial authority intervening in every step, from time to time questions arise in the life of the Church where properly appropriate authority has to say, “This is the way and not that,” after having taken account of lots of opinions and expertise. Anglicanism has no way of doing that. After [the most recent] Lambeth Conference, the Archbishop of Canterbury said: “I neither have nor claim any authority to discipline anyone,” certainly in terms of Anglican provinces.

Sa
This branch of the Anglican Church are not normally where converts come from but increasingly they are making the leap. "Former Anglican Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali was received into the Catholic Church in 2021 and ordained as a priest of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham." This is a short grab from an interview he gave The Pillar website to explain his conversion.

I’ve often said to people that my decision didn’t so much have to do with this issue or that, but how decisions are made, on what basis, and by what authority.

I think that the Lambeth Conference [an international gathering of Anglican bishops every 10 years], although it had no legal authority over the provinces, had moral authority. Repeatedly on questions of church order, on questions about marriage, the Lambeth Conference would make one decision and then the provinces would go and do something quite different.

I understand the Archbishop of Canterbury said recently in Egypt that “we make decisions by consensus, and even then people are free to do what they like.” Well, this doesn’t work. We need a way of making decisions that have universal importance that stick universally. Otherwise, chaos results.

My second reason was that you need a body of teaching to which the faithful can refer when they need to do so, and indeed clergy as well in their office of preaching and teaching on a whole host of issues that face the faithful.

Third, is that, though I’m not in favor of magisterial authority intervening in every step, from time to time questions arise in the life of the Church where properly appropriate authority has to say, “This is the way and not that,” after having taken account of lots of opinions and expertise. Anglicanism has no way of doing that. After [the most recent] Lambeth Conference, the Archbishop of Canterbury said: “I neither have nor claim any authority to discipline anyone,” certainly in terms of Anglican provinces.
Satan is ever at work to deceive, and there are always people available to be deceived.

From your article;

Repeatedly on questions of church order, on questions about marriage, the Lambeth Conference would make one decision and then the provinces would go and do something quite different.

Just like your church does today. Nothing new here.

We need a way of making decisions that have universal importance that stick universally. Otherwise, chaos results.

Hmm, and catholicism today has made some of those decisions and there is no chaos in the rcc today? This guy is delusional if he swam the tiber thinking there isn't any chaos.

“I neither have nor claim any authority to discipline anyone,” certainly in terms of Anglican provinces.

If hes not willing to discipline thats on him. Sounds like the rcc though. Seems as though if youre a gay priest discipline is being moved to another church if theres an issue. There was a priest i think in florida that had the hots for a woman and he got booted. Another priest in chicago removed an lgbt flag and got the heave ho the same day. Discipline in the rcc is about as biased as our own dept of justice. If you lean a certain way you can get away with practically anything.

Funny i didn't (and i never do with these kind of testimonies) hear one word about Jesus. Its always about history, or a moral stance the church takes or some other thing. I never hear i found Jesus there.

Your header is misleading. The article is singular, not plural in that one Anglican left a Protestant Roman Catholic church and went to the Roman Catholic church. My first reaction is big deal and not proof for the Roman Catholic Churches claim to being the one, true church.

Your header is misleading. The article is singular, not plural in that one Anglican left a Protestant Roman Catholic church and went to the Roman Catholic church. My first reaction is big deal and not proof for the Roman Catholic Churches claim to being the one, true church.
I thought that too. She makes it sound like theres a flood of Anglicans rushing to become roman catholic. One guy not happy with his current church swims the tiber. Okay, so what?

So what?? The Anglican church is cleary in the back pocket of the rcc. I do not know how many of the 80 were Anglican priests, it would not surprise me if it was more than half of the total number.

The number of personal parishes established is only 7, but, since 1983 over 80 former Anglicans have been ordained for priestly ministry in various Catholic dioceses of the United States.

Pastoral Provision - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Pastoral_Provision

Sa

Satan is ever at work to deceive, and there are always people available to be deceived.
Of course there are. We call these people......"Protestants."

Do you have a meaningful or intelligent reply to the claims of the post? No, you don't--or you would have made it.

Protestants never respond to questions like the post raised. They have a blind sport where these questions are concerned.

that's the catholic label for non catholics - believers and unbelievers.

Do you have a meaningful or intelligent reply to the claims of the post? No, you don't--or you would have made it.
they've been made. that you don't understand or believe them is not the fault of those who replied.

Protestants never respond to questions like the post raised. They have a blind sport where these questions are concerned
the blind spot is in the catholic's understanding of the replies.

Last edited:

He is deceived. I am laughing at the thought of morals and the RCC, In this country we have recently seen an example of their greed overcoming any morals, the sexual scandals and we all know they are false teachers.

I thought that too. She makes it sound like theres a flood of Anglicans rushing to become roman catholic. One guy not happy with his current church swims the tiber. Okay, so what?
The Anglicans are in dissarray in this country between the old and the modernists, no different to what is happening in the RCC. He will fit in well and the question arises was he ever saved. I heard an anglican minister say it was just a job and he didn't believe in God. It was years ago on a tv interview.

Protestants never respond to questions like the post raised. They have a blind sport where these questions are concerned.
edit per mod-violation rule 12

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep because RCs like to belittle people by calling them names.

Of course the poster had one, you just don't like to read them, but prefer to belittle the poster.
Rcs love to feel they are superior and more intellectually yet their replies shwo they are just arrogant and do not love their neighbours. They have a blind spot when their questions are answered because they are spiritual blind and prefer to follow men not Jesus.

Foolish decision on their part. Better to connect with a Church system that;s Biblical, and teaches Salvation BY FAITH and not by Works.

Back