"every man"--"according to their works"?

dberrie2020

I don't think you have a clue what that scripture means. You don't want to be judged out of "the books". You want to be found in the Book of Life and avoid judgment which comes from the "books". Do a little reading and research, Ralf.

I'm not sure what one "wants" ---governs the testimony of the scriptures:

Revelation 20:12-15--King James Version
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So--how does that differ from other testimonies?

Matthew 16:27---King James Version
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

John 5:28-29----King James Version (KJV)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version (KJV)

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Peter 1:16-17---King James Version (KJV)

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Romans 2:5-11----King James Version (KJV)
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
I will make only a single post to you since you took this response I made to Ralph and decided to start a new thread.

You do not understand the difference between the Great white Throne Judgment where people will be judged for eternal life or death out of the "books", versus those believers whose names are written in the Book of Life who will be judged and rewarded for what they have done as believers. all those judged out of the "books" in Revelation" are cast into the lake of fire. As Mormons, you believe you will be judged out of those "books". Biblical Christians will have their faithless works burned up and their faithful works rewarded. As the scripture says, whatever is not of faith is sin. However, their salvation is safe and sure.

You Mormons have conflated the two.

No other responses coming from me on this thread.

I will make only a single post to you since you took this response I made to Ralph and decided to start a new thread.

You do not understand the difference between the Great white Throne Judgment where people will be judged for eternal life or death out of the "books", versus those believers whose names are written in the Book of Life who will be judged and rewarded for what they have done as believers. all those judged out of the "books" in Revelation" are cast into the lake of fire. As Mormons, you believe you will be judged out of those "books". Biblical Christians will have their faithless works burned up and their faithful works rewarded. As the scripture says, whatever is not of faith is sin. However, their salvation is safe and sure.

There are 2 judgements as you said...the Great White Throne and the Bema Seat of Christ.
The GWT is for judgement while the Bema seat if for rewards based upon the judgement of their works.

dberrie2020 should lready understand this as it has been discussed with him numerous times.

There are 2 judgements as you said...the Great White Throne and the Bema Seat of Christ.
The GWT is for judgement while the Bema seat if for rewards based upon the judgement of their works.

dberrie2020 should lready understand this as it has been discussed with him numerous times.
He knows better but just can't help himself.

I think that would be best for you since you were soundly shown the front door... chuckle.

Again--the testimony of Christ and His disciples is--- all men will be judged according to works--and that for life or damnation:

What is there about those testimonies do we feel we can alter?

Again--the testimony of Christ and His disciples is--- all men will be judged according to works--and that for life or damnation:

What is there about those testimonies do we feel we can alter?
For the Christian this is their judgement according to their works.

1 Cor 3:10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one must be careful how he builds. 11 For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13 his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work. 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as if through the flames.

The above is not the White Throne Judgement.

The works will be proven by God to be either wood, hay, or stubble.
Or, gold, silver and precious stones.

Two men can perform outwardly a same work.

One gave a large sum of money to a needful charity.
The other gave the same large sum of money to a needful charity.

One gave out of having a religious legalistic drive and for the approval of men.

The other gave while in the filling of the Spirit and having a desire for what was based upon believed Scripture.

Keep in mind. Both overtly did the same work.

The legalist who operated religiously in the energy of his flesh will be counted as wood hay and stubble. No reward.
The other will be receive reward for having performed in the filling of the Spirit and in truth while doing the same thing outwardly.

Its not about what was done. But, *how* it was done.

grace and peace ..........

Would you say that those who do good and those who do evil are two different kinds of tree?
That what is happening here is a judging of the trees themselves, to see what manner of tree they are...as judged by their fruit?

It’s all valid, but it’s extremely unpopular because it means we have to do something in our faith in addition to just having faith. They’re not exactly the verses you want to lay on a seeker coming in the door of the church for the first time either, but it’s something people are going to have to come to terms with one way or another.

This unfortunate resistance to works comes from a widespread misunderstanding of the gospel, grace, good works versus law keeping, and the new covenant.

In summary, Ephesians 2:8-10 sums it up, but people often stop reading at verse 9 and happily go on their way. Think about verse 10 in light of all the verses you posted in your OP.

Ephesians 2
8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.

If people say “but our righteousness is a filthy rag,” and if that were so why would Hebrews 13 says this:

Hebrews 13
16And do not neglect to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Last edited:
Back