Example of systemic racism

Furion

No, you don't care about fellowship when you are sowing seeds of discord.
You are not the judge of anything and there is no unity, so you already are in discord....in the politics area. Shocking.
I never mention salvation...only said, Now you are going to be my judge
What you said was silly then.
I never declared rejection of Christ...So now you are going to be my judge?
I never said you did, and I am not your judge, as I have told you already.

I see that you want me to be your judge.

Nah, I don't want it. :)
Jesus can...unless you don't believe him
John 12:47
And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

I can't save anyone...
1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Already did ...
Good then, we are in agreement, you can save no one, and Christ calls men to come out of this world, it is perishing along with the people of this world. They perish because they have not believed in the Son.

Newbirth

You are not the judge of anything
Paul disagrees with you
1 Corinthians 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
and there is no unity,
Because you don't want unity...
Psalm 133:1
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
Yet Paul speaks of unity...
Eph 4
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
so you already are in discord....in the politics area. Shocking.
I am not a politician
What you said was silly then.
Then it was even more silly of you to respond with talk of salvation
I never said you did, and I am not your judge, as I have told you already.
Then you are not responding to what I wrote.
I see that you want me to be your judge.
You are already doing that.
Nah, I don't want it. :)
after the fact...
Good then, we are in agreement, you can save no one,
Again James disagrees with you...
James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
and Christ calls men to come out of this world,
John 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
You are conflating the world system with the world
it is perishing along with the people of this world.
Again different things....You are conflating people and systems with the earth
They perish because they have not believed in the Son.
Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Furion

Paul disagrees with you
1 Corinthians 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Because you don't want unity...
Psalm 133:1
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
Yet Paul speaks of unity...
Eph 4
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

I am not a politician

Then it was even more silly of you to respond with talk of salvation

Then you are not responding to what I wrote.

You are already doing that.

after the fact...

Again James disagrees with you...
James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

John 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
You are conflating the world system with the world

Again different things....You are conflating people and systems with the earth

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Well then preacher, preach on to the political forum.

Furion

Actually, the world needs people like you to teach the right things.
Cool.

So, what are these right things you claim I should teach? (I'm not a teacher)

Here is one thing. Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save it. The world stands condemned already.

Furion

Then don't teach.

If it was not condemned then it wouldn't need saving would it?

But Jesus came to save it right? Did Jesus fail or did he succeed?
You tell me, your the teacher. Did He fail or succeed? Silly question really..

LifeIn

Today overt racism enshrined in law is illegal. There are no laws that say that blacks should have a harder time voting that whites. There cannot be any laws that say that blacks are not allowed to live in certain areas, or hold certain jobs. But that does not mean systemic racism is impossible. Many proxies have been invented that have the effect of implementing racist policies without any mention of race. One very obvious one (that is no longer allowed since it went down with the Jim Crow laws) is the law that said that people could only vote if their grandfather could vote. On the surface, this law is completely non-racist, as no race is mentioned. But the intent and effect of the law was do prevent the recently freed slaves from voting, since their grandfathers, being slaves, obviously could not vote. Today there are more subtle proxies for race. One of them is wealth. The society is structured so that families that have wealth can preserve that wealth and make it grow. Those that do not have wealth have a much harder time growing wealth. Just as with the Jim Crow laws, the effect depends on racism of the past that systematically extracted wealth from blacks and gave it to whites. We don't do that anymore, but the effect remains. Today the average black family has 12 cents of wealth for every dollar of wealth in a white family. The wealth gap is not shrinking but is actually getting worse because of the pandemic. What we found during the pandemic is that blacks worked the kind of service jobs that made remote working from home impossible. They also tended to be the ones whose jobs were deemed essential workers, such as in food processing plants. When they got sick, they tended to be the people without insurance. Having wealth is like insurance. When things go wrong, wealth can cushion the fall a little until you get back on your feet. Without wealth, when things go wrong, you hit hard. You loose your home. Your job. Sometimes your life. And blacks have 12 cents to the dollar compared to whites. That's evidence of systemic racism using proxies.

Fenuay

I don’t think 10% of police are racist. That seems like an outrageous claim. I don’t think racism is tolerated in any large work environment. I imagine police forces have a 0% tolerance for racism.
I'm sure the police say they have 0% tolerance for racism. However, I think the problems are that these things go unreported. Partners support each other and bad cops exist. It's like that police officer who filed false charges against people and nobody reported her. Finally after people going to jail and getting community service etc, someone noticed a discrepancy in something she filed and reported it. Came out the she lied about a lot of her reports and innocent people suffered because of her. But nobody reported it until that one person finally had the courage to say nope this is wrong. Apparently it's under investigation because they don't think she did this alone. But think about the amount of people who are afraid to speak up. Or see her as a sister in blue and trust her to be honest. Not that they tolerate racism or bad cops just that things happen regardless. And sometimes it goes up to the top.

Fenuay

I'm wide awake. I've witnessed it myself.
I lock my door when I see a group of people walking around. Just habit. My mother was assaulted when we loved in Germany so I always lock the door. You can't automatically assume they are doing it because of race. Some people get afraid some don't. It may be racial, it may not. But assumption makes so many issues that aren't issues. Regardless it's still ok to lock your door if you feel nervous. For any reason.

Furion

I'm sure the police say they have 0% tolerance for racism. However, I think the problems are that these things go unreported. Partners support each other and bad cops exist. It's like that police officer who filed false charges against people and nobody reported her. Finally after people going to jail and getting community service etc, someone noticed a discrepancy in something she filed and reported it. Came out the she lied about a lot of her reports and innocent people suffered because of her. But nobody reported it until that one person finally had the courage to say nope this is wrong. Apparently it's under investigation because they don't think she did this alone. But think about the amount of people who are afraid to speak up. Or see her as a sister in blue and trust her to be honest. Not that they tolerate racism or bad cops just that things happen regardless. And sometimes it goes up to the top.
The blue line does exist.

It seems wrong to the layman, until you become a cop. Then you realize many in the public really are out to get you.

It is a difficult thing to balance for police, but I have no doubt if politicians were to erase the blue line it would magically reappear because these people are in danger, every day.