Example of systemic racism

Newbirth

You can believe what you want.
That is what you are doing, you are believing what you want. You are telling me that black lives don't matter. You are saying black lives are evil and stupid.
BLM is just a racist organization with crooks at the top. Sorry that upsets you
So in your view an organization that says black lives matter makes black lives stupid and evil and the organizers are racists and crooks? Now tell me if black lives were stupid and evil before the BLM organization was formed or after the organization was formed?

Furion

That is what you are doing, you are believing what you want. You are telling me that black lives don't matter. You are saying black lives are evil and stupid.
I'm not worried about your poor reading comprehension, nor your insane accusations.
So in your view an organization that says black lives matter makes black lives stupid and evil and the organizers are racists and crooks? Now tell me if black lives were stupid and evil before the BLM organization was formed or after the organization was formed?
When did you stop beating your slaves?

Newbirth

Read the post. For this to be system racism there has to be evidence that this is being universally applied.
The evidence is there.
Three appraisals is insufficient data.
Insufficient data to satisfy you. You are assuming this is an isolated case. The test was done after black people kept complaining.
The best you have is either someone or a group is lowballing the appraisal.
Reuters did their own investigation

Deist

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/nccpl2
This happens all over as well as when I am with a friend of mine and when we walk by their car women lock their doors.
Oh, the horrors. Re-education camps for all of society. White people want to live where white people are and black people want to live with the race. What shall we do?! I got it. Let's teach CRT and get their minds right that white people are holding black people back. That's the ticket.

Deist

If you want to do a test for ONE variable, she messed up. She cleans out her closets, who knows how much junk she tossed. Real Estate agents call that staging.

So watch her whine when she closes her "loan" and watches her property taxes double. lol.
So, I am gathering that this person cleaned up the house, tossed out items she may been hoarding, got a better appraisal (which are based on some guesswork, anyway) and THIS is racism???

Deist

Simply go back to the OP.

Why was the one appraisal higher than the others? Either the appraisers are racist, or the regulations are racist. Those are 2 concrete answers. Systemic racism is too vague.
The appraisal process is not one of certainty. They are guestimates by the individual of the value of a home.

Towerwatchman

The evidence is there.

Insufficient data to satisfy you. You are assuming this is an isolated case. The test was done after black people kept complaining.

Reuters did their own investigation
Let's analyze this under 'cause and effect'. The video contained the effects, but never mentioned the cause. The term "systemic racism" is ambiguous, you can fill in the blank as you see fit. For systemic racism to function there must be a government institution or some organized system that promotes influences, defends, etc. racism against the blacks. In this age and time, and how this topic has been discussed we should have been able to point the finger at the cause. Notice, no one has, black or white. Why is that?

Newbirth

Let's analyze this under 'cause and effect'. The video contained the effects, but never mentioned the cause.
It does the cause is racism. Are you in denial?
The term "systemic racism" is ambiguous, you can fill in the blank as you see fit.
No, it isn't...within the American system, there are people who purposely want to keep black people down.
For systemic racism to function there must be a government institution or some organized system that promotes influences, defends, etc. racism against the blacks.
Or people within those institutions. There are groups of white supremacists who openly promote hate against black people. Who knows if they work in government institutions in high places and promote their agenda from there.
In this age and time, and how this topic has been discussed we should have been able to point the finger at the cause. Notice, no one has, black or white. Why is that?
The cause is racism...

Towerwatchman

It does the cause is racism. Are you in denial?
I don' deny there is racism. White to black and black to white. Racism is acting on the racist idea. That is different from systemic racism.
No, it isn't...within the American system, there are people who purposely want to keep black people down.
'The American system' is to broad of a brush. That includes blacks. You have to be more specific and have evidence. Which Department of the US Government is practicing systemic racism.
Or people within those institutions.
That is possible, but do those people reflect a policy of said institution.
There are groups of white supremacists who openly promote hate against black people. Who knows if they work in government institutions in high places and promote their agenda from there. The cause is racism...
And?? There are blacks who openly promote hate against whites who also work in government institutions.

Newbirth

I don' deny there is racism. White to black and black to white. Racism is acting on the racist idea.
True
That is different from systemic racism.
Systemic racism would be when racists acting on the racist idea infiltrate the system and promote racist acts and ideologies.
'The American system' is to broad of a brush. That includes blacks.
Yes, it is and it is not a perfect system.
You have to be more specific and have evidence.
Racist actions are the evidence.
Which Department of the US Government is practicing systemic racism.
You are funny...It would be racist people in the government departments practicing racism.
That is possible, but do those people reflect a policy of said institution.
No, those people reflect racism in the system and in the institutions. We see them getting fired every day when they get exposed.
And?? There are blacks who openly promote hate against whites who also work in government institutions.
I suppose so, maybe they see that as a way of retaliating against something that you deny. Anyway, this is an admission by you that there is racism in the system in which blacks are a minority.

Towerwatchman

True

Systemic racism would be when racists acting on the racist idea infiltrate the system and promote racist acts and ideologies.

Yes, it is and it is not a perfect system.

Racist actions are the evidence.

You are funny...It would be racist people in the government departments practicing racism.

No, those people reflect racism in the system and in the institutions. We see them getting fired every day when they get exposed.

I suppose so, maybe they see that as a way of retaliating against something that you deny. Anyway, this is an admission by you that there is racism in the system in which blacks are a minority.
Notice, you have not pointed to anything that can be addressed and changed. You keep stating that there is this boggy man out there called systemic racism, and it is oppressing people but no one seems to be able to point the finger at it. There is an old saying. When something becomes the answer to everything it becomes the answer to nothing. Without a tangible oppressor that can be addressed, anyone who the 'victim' does not like can be accused of being the oppressor. If you who believe that systemic racism exists are unable to point to it, why should I take this topic seriously?

Newbirth

Notice, you have not pointed to anything that can be addressed and changed.
That is not the purpose of the OP. Me not pointing out things that can be addressed and changed is not proof that systemic racism does not exist. There are video examples of systemic racism in the police service in the housing system in the banking system. Change is dependant on what people decide to do.
You keep stating that there is this boggy man out there called systemic racism, and it is oppressing people but no one seems to be able to point the finger at it.
You misunderstand I never mentioned a boogyman, systemic racism is people within the system using the system to oppress other people based on their race.
There is an old saying. When something becomes the answer to everything it becomes the answer to nothing.
What is your point? No one said systemic racism is the answer to anything.
Without a tangible oppressor that can be addressed, anyone who the 'victim' does not like can be accused of being the oppressor.
The oppressors are being identified every day. You are trying to twist this as if people are saying systemic racism is the oppressor. Surveys have found that black males are likely to get longer prison sentences than white males for the same crimes. The oppressors would be the judges who practice that kind of racism.
If you who believe that systemic racism exists are unable to point to it,
No one is interested in systemic racism as an entity. People are interested in the people who practice their racism using their position in the system.
why should I take this topic seriously?
You can take whatever you like seriously whenever you like, that is not proof of it existing or not. You already admitted that racism exists. I just pointed out to you that racist people who operate in the system use the system to promote their racism...

Newbirth

I'm not worried about your poor reading comprehension, nor your insane accusations.
You are not worried about what does not exist, that is normal
When did you stop beating your slaves?
From under what rock did you crawl out? If you practice slavery I don't. You are the one who thinks that because people say black lives matter they are stupid and evil.

Furion

You are not worried about what does not exist, that is normal

From under what rock did you crawl out? If you practice slavery I don't. You are the one who thinks that because people say black lives matter they are stupid and evil.
So then you've not stopped the beatings. How disappointing.

Newbirth

You don't beat your slaves in the same way I don't say black lives are evil, stupid and don't matter.

Glad that's all cleared up
these are your words ....
Right, white supremacy is stupid evil. So is BLM. This world spawns all flavors of evil.
now it is cleared up...You said black lives matter is stupid evil...I don't know how it does not apply to black lives. Do you think black lives matter?

Towerwatchman

That is not the purpose of the OP. Me not pointing out things that can be addressed and changed is not proof that systemic racism does not exist. There are video examples of systemic racism in the police service in the housing system in the banking system. Change is dependant on what people decide to do.

You misunderstand I never mentioned a boogyman, systemic racism is people within the system using the system to oppress other people based on their race.

The oppressors are being identified every day. You are trying to twist this as if people are saying systemic racism is the oppressor. Surveys have found that black males are likely to get longer prison sentences than white males for the same crimes. The oppressors would be the judges who practice that kind of racism.

No one is interested in systemic racism as an entity. People are interested in the people who practice their racism using their position in the system.

You can take whatever you like seriously whenever you like, that is not proof of it existing or not. You already admitted that racism exists. I just pointed out to you that racist people who operate in the system use the system to promote their racism...
Since you cannot find systemic racism let me help you.

According to the 1860 census, 99 percent of slave owners were Democrats.

The fugitive slave laws were proposed by Democratic Northern Legislature, signed by Democratic Governors, and enforced by Democratic jurisdictions.

Notice: In April 1864, the Senate, responding in part to an active abolitionist petition campaign, passed the Thirteenth Amendment to abolish slavery in the United States. Opposition from Democrats in the House of Representatives prevented the amendment from receiving the required two-thirds majority, and the bill failed. Note, the nation was at war, the Congressional leaders that met in Washington were northerners only.

Civil Rights Act of 1866 Andrew Johnson [Democratic] vetoed the bill, and though Congress successfully overrode his veto and made it into law in April 1866.

President Johnson made clear his opposition to the 14th Amendment as it made its way through the ratification process, but Congressional elections in late 1866 gave Republicans veto-proof majorities in both the House and Senate. Southern states also resisted, but Congress required them to ratify the 13th and 14th Amendments as a condition of regaining representation in Congress, and the ongoing presence of the Union Army in the former Confederate states ensured their compliance.

The 15th amendment passes in both Houses without one Democrat voting yes, the Democratic vote was either no or abstain.

The black codes were enforced by Democrats.
The KKK was the strong arm of the Democratic Party. Every Jim Crow law was introduced by Democratic Legislature, signed by Democratic Governors, and enforced by Democratic jurisdictions.

Every Confederate statue that the Democratic Party wants to disappear are of Democrats.

And today: Johnson's Great Society which trapped the poor minority populations for generations. Dilapidated housing, broken families, illiteracy, despair, and hopelessness are what Johnson's Great Society brought. I could be describing an 1800's slave plantation or Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Skid Row, etc.

Before Johnson's Great New Deal black single mother households were 20% of total black households compared to today 70% of the total. You might attribute the 20% to slavery or Jim Crow, but the 70% is after Johnson.
All Democrat.

And what is so diabolical is that the oppressed vote into office their oppressor's.

Towerwatchman

Another example of systemic racism.
Harvard University.
From Harvard's admission data, 2000-2017 Asians' average score was 767, White 745, Hispanic 718, and Black 704, all out of a maximum of 800. Despite this, a greater number of Blacks that applied to Harvard were accepted than Asians.

Harvard sends recruitment letters to African-American, Native American and Hispanic high schoolers with mid-range SAT scores, around 1100 on math and verbal combined out of a possible 1600,

Asian-Americans only receive a recruitment letter if they score at least 250 points higher — 1350 for women, and 1380 for men.

Towerwatchman

these are your words ....

now it is cleared up...You said black lives matter is stupid evil...I don't know how it does not apply to black lives. Do you think black lives matter?
All lives matter. As to the organization "BLM" they are the new strong arm of the Democratic Party. Speak up against the Democrats and BLM is sure to show up at your door.