Example of systemic racism

Howie

In a sense yes. I was raised in a very racist home and family. My experience in the Army and my natural questioning of authority made me question things I was told. I have friends white and black when we go out we laugh how people lock their car doors when my black friend and friends are with me. I have evidenced it my self. People do not lock their doors when it is me and my white friends. The system says that race exists. That in itself is racism.
"In a sense?" What are you talking about. "Systemic" anything means all of the system is involved, not involved in a sense, but TOTALLY involved!

Sounds to me as though you've drunk more of BLM's and the Democrat's kool-aid.

Wake up!!!!!

Faithoverbelief

"In a sense?" What are you talking about. "Systemic" anything means all of the system is involved, not involved in a sense, but totally.

Sounds to me as though you've drunk more of BLM's and the Democrat's kool-aid.

Wake up!!!!!
I'm wide awake. I've witnessed it myself.

Howie

I'm wide awake. I've witnessed it myself.
You're not paying attention to what I said. You're asleep.

Are there people in US who are racist? YES!!!

Is the US systemically racist? NO!!!, unless words don't really mean anything.

Wake up!!! Don't get sucked in by the left.

Last edited:

Magdalena

In a sense yes. I was raised in a very racist home and family. My experience in the Army and my natural questioning of authority made me question things I was told. I have friends white and black when we go out we laugh how people lock their car doors when my black friend and friends are with me. I have evidenced it my self. People do not lock their doors when it is me and my white friends. The system says that race exists. That in itself is racism.
Obama and his wife promoted racism and brought it to a fever pitch. And they won’t stop.

I’ve only known one really racist person. One of my uncles was a member of the KKK. Other than that, no one cares about the color of your skin. It’s not systemic.

shnarkle

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/nccpl2
This happens all over as well as when I am with a friend of mine and when we walk by their car women lock their doors.
Over 30 years ago I was sitting in the back seat of a friend's car. We were on a double date, and while sitting at a light, a group of young black people, mostly black men were walking by in the cross walk. The girl up in the front passenger seat reached over and locked her door. The black men saw what she did, and started laughing, smirking, etc. It was really embarrassing.

Then again, about ten years later, I was walking across a cross walk as well when the woman in the passenger seat of their car did the same thing. The ironic thing here is that her reaction was probably justifiable because as soon as she did that, I wanted to run up and jump on the hood of their car and start screaming at them.

I was in a seriously bad mood, and not to be trifled with, but I was on a much more important mission and harassing her just wasn't a priority.

Another time not long after that incident, I was walking on a park path, and as I was getting closer to an elderly woman ahead of me, I noticed that she reached down into her pocket to retrieve her keys which she held in such a way as to use them as a weapon. She held them so that the keys themselves were pointing out in between her fingers. I gave her a wide berth as I passed her just in case she decided to take a swing at me.

So I don't see it as systemic racism as much as systemic fear and paranoia.

Woody50

I know you are someone that mocked and dismissed a sound study by the Brookings Institution.

That tells me enough about your information skills to dismiss anything you say.
Translation: No.

Why do you worship the Brookings Institution?

I don't. I just think.

You just look to others to give you answers. Lame.

Authentic Nouveau

Obama and his wife promoted racism and brought it to a fever pitch. And they won’t stop.

I’ve only known one really racist person. One of my uncles was a member of the KKK. Other than that, no one cares about the color of your skin. It’s not systemic.
Obama dated white women until he got into politics. He would not have had a chance to win, he was told.

My most extensive racist relatives are German Mennonites who settled in Mexico. They didn't even eat with Mexican workers. They had learned Spanish. They were fair kind and nice. They have nothing in common with the illegals

When I was a kid, I wanted to eat at the Mexican tables with tortillas, tamales and pintos. My relatives don't eat that.

Gus Bovona

I like Richard Carrier’s work regarding history, but his political opinions are way left of me, a moderate Democrat. He seemed to go a bit off the rails during the whole Atheism Plus fiasco.

I think he is doing what so many on the extreme left does and imagining there is some secret cabal of white supremacists controlling all American institutions.
Please. Quote me something in which Carrier says that.

And what about systemic racism? Do you think that Carrier's example works?

Gus Bovona

Is the US systemically racist?
The entire US, in its entirety, doesn't have to be systemically racist for some aspects of it to be systemically racist within their systems, as distinct from just individuals doing racist things.

Howie

The entire US, in its entirety, doesn't have to be systemically racist for some aspects of it to be systemically racist within their systems, as distinct from just individuals doing racist things.
Believe what you will, Gus, the US is not systemically racist. That's a lie, unless words don't mean anything.

Are you a racist, Gus?

Woody50

What a lame answer.

Yes, there is systemic racism in the US. It lives in the left. Just tell them that you don't see skin color--they HATE that, because they're of the same ilk as the slave owner Dems 100+ years ago. They don't change, they're more racist than ever.

Is there systemic racism in the US? Yep...it's called the Democratic party.

Authentic Nouveau

Believe what you will, Gus, the US is not systemically racist. That's a lie, unless words don't mean anything.

Are you a racist, Gus?
Columbus thought he had landed on India. His perceptions were a reflection of his expectation. If Democrates see Russians behind every lamp post, Gus may see racism everywhere.

Michael R2

I think pretty much everyone agrees it shouldn’t happen, so the examples should be rare and dealt with.
As she put it, they are rare, but not uncommon.
Pretty sure taking race into account goes against appraisal standards and regulations, and is definitely illegal.
Unless someone from justice brings a federal civil rights count forward, it is punishable by the appraisal board, but will not produce a criminal charge.
What more is whitey expected to do?