Explain "Idols" if man does not seek God.....

ReverendRV

No. Not american idols.... :)

If man does not seek God, then explain all the false gods that are in this world?
I really understand Idolatry watching Ray Comfort Witnessing to a man who said "To me God is..."; but Ray interrupted him and said "When you say 'to me God is this or that', you've just made a god to suit yourself". And the man was about to object but his eyes froze as if the lightbulb went off; and the video froze with dramatic music to emphasize the day dawning on him...

Idolatry is making a god to suit yourself...

civic

I really understand Idolatry watching Ray Comfort Witnessing to a man who said "To me God is..."; but Ray interrupted him and said "When you say 'to me God is this or that', you've just made a god to suit yourself". And the man was about to object but his eyes froze as if the lightbulb went off; and the video froze with dramatic music to emphasize the day dawning on him...

Yes sith is a perfect example of his own unbiblical jesus.

praise_yeshua

No I didn’t mean that of course it’s a bad thing to worship idols, false gods and christs.
That not exactly what I meant.

I'm talking about the principle in Calvinism that man will not seek God. This is contradicted by the man does seek a God. Just the wrong god.

It is the same thing that Paul declared

Act 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

So the narrative that man does not seek God is not accurate.

praise_yeshua

Not if that God is accurate to Scriptures.

So when anyone says that God made the world, is that accurate?

civic

That not exactly what I meant.

I'm talking about the principle in Calvinism that man will not seek God. This is contradicted by the man does seek a God. Just the wrong good.

It is the same thing that Paul declared

Act 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

So the narrative that man does not seek God is not accurate.
So you think the natural man apart from Gods grace can genuinely seek Him and find Him with no grace involved ?

ReverendRV

Not if that God is accurate to Scriptures.

So when anyone says that God made the world, is that accurate?
This is not a debate I'm interested in, but I thought I would put at least two-cents in as an Offering to the discussion. I wouldn't think that I'd have to twist your arm to get you to agree that Idolatry occurs when we make a god to suit ourselves ..

praise_yeshua

This is not a debate I'm interested in, but I thought I would put at least two-cents in as an Offering to the discussion. I wouldn't think that I'd have to twist your arm to get you to agree that Idolatry occurs when we make a god to suit ourselves ..

I agree with you. I just don't believe that completely deals with the circumstances.

It is good to have these discussions. Brick by brick brother...