Explain "Idols" if man does not seek God.....

preacher4truth

Hello P.4.t,
Many are eager to type things on a keyboard.
They are not as eager to do the work of studying God's word in detail.
Instead there is an obsession with explaining away text after text, as if the texts are not God given.
You have offered him correction, looks as if he is fixing to resist.
Again, that is exactly it, they try to explain away truths they do not like, and subsequently many of their postings are a failed "gotcha" attempt.

praise_yeshua

Prevening is the present tense participle of prevene depicting the ongoing action of going before, and thus is a word!

Doug

Wow. A wikipage edited by Wingerbot.

Surely you can do better than this. The reason you used such an absurd reference is because there isn't an respectable reference to be found anywhere else.

The present tense of prevene is prevene. Give you some advice. When you see "ing", realize you need to pay close attention to what you say.

A little more advice, if you're going to fuss about the archaic use of English words in old Bibles... You better know what you're talking about. You don't have to use "prevene" at all. Precede works much better.....

praise_yeshua

You mean what Scripture says, not "what I've said about it."

No. I mean exactly what I said. I don't believe what you said about it. I can read it for myself.

Um, it's a descriptive text concerning the fallen state of mankind.

Your false take presents a myriad of problems. But this appears to be status quo with you.

Maybe try again, and let someone teach you about context, the fall of man &c. Perhaps also look at Psalm 14 as well.

I don't need your instruction. I can read it myself. It says what it says. You're not dealing with what it says.

Paul was clearing saying that this world abandoned God. There was a time when it didn't. Adam believed God. Seth believed God. Enoch believed God. Paul went on to say that man was guilty regardless of whether he committed the same sin as Adam did or not. Man's guilt is still established. However, it is imperative that it be established properly. Which Paul did.

You narrative causes many problems.

Here. I'll post it again for you to read comment removed for personal attack.

Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Last edited by a moderator:

praise_yeshua

It must be Prevenient or else Faith is Prevenient; that's like the number one disagreement here, only one can be first...

If Faith is Prevenient, then Grace is Provisional for some...

Like I've said from the beginning. Grace has been expressed and purposed from Eternity past. In this, it will always be first.

However, it is complex thing to deal with how fickle man avails of Grace that brings salvation.

1. God has done everything He wills to do in appealing to mankind in the Incarnation and Death of His Beloved Son Jesus Christ. That action of God is Gracious.
2. Since that action, God demands all men, everywhere, repent.
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
3. It is the duty and responsibility of man to express faith in God's work.
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Your position insists that Grace must precede faith in this process. It has, but not exactly where you demand it.

TibiasDad

Wow. A wikipage edited by Wingerbot.

Surely you can do better than this. The reason you used such an absurd reference is because there isn't an respectable reference to be found anywhere else.

The present tense of prevene is prevene. Give you some advice. When you see "ing", realize you need to pay close attention to what you say.

A little more advice, if you're going to fuss about the archaic use of English words in old Bibles... You better know what you're talking about. You don't have to use "prevene" at all. Precede works much better.....

https://www.wordsense.eu/prevening/

Doug

praise_yeshua

https://www.wordsense.eu/prevening/

Doug

Ah, you found a few more.

Carbon

No. The natural man must hear the Gospel. It is an essential part of Salvation. You heard the Gospel and responded. You're not special. What you did anyone can do.
And the natural man hears to gospel, and rejects.
Your darn right I ain’t special. If I was in the least bit, in the sense your trying to prove I would almost of had a chance.

And what is it you think I have done?

praise_yeshua

And the natural man hears to gospel, and rejects.
Your darn right I ain’t special. If I was in the least bit, in the sense your trying to prove I would almost of had a chance.

And what is it you think I have done?

You're saying that you were able to respond and that others can't respond. That makes you special. Saying God made you such doesn't remove this fact.

Anyone that physically hears the Gospel can respond the Gospel. In fact the Gospel tells a person exactly what to do in the simplest of terms.

Theo1689

If man does not seek God, then explain all the false gods that are in this world?

This is typical for people who reject Scripture, to try to rationalize a reason for rejecting Scripture.

Psa. 14:2 The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man,
to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
Psa. 14:3 They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt;
there is none who does good,
not even one.

Psa. 53:2 God looks down from heaven on the children of man
to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
Psa. 53:3
They have all fallen away; together they have become corrupt;
there is none who does good, not even one.

Is. 65:1 I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for me;
I was ready to be found
by those who did not seek me.
I said, “Here I am, here I am,” to a nation that was not called by my name.

Hos. 7:10 The pride of Israel testifies to his face;
yet they do not return to the LORD their God,
nor seek him, for all this.

Rom. 3:11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.

As for your question, it seems non-sensical, as it is a non sequitur:

If man does not seek God, then explain all the false gods that are in this world?

It's like saying, "If no one seeks <A>, then why are <B>, <C>, and <D> in this world?"

Rom. 3:11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.

The reason "God" is capitalized in this verse is because in the Greek, the word "θεον" contains the definite article, "the God". So it's not saying, "No one seeks for a deity", it says, "No one seeks YHWH".

They don't want the true God, who condemns them as sinners, and holds them accountable for their actions, they want false gods who will give them what they want.

Carbon

You're saying that you were able to respond and that others can't respond. That makes you special.
No, your saying that.
Before I was regenerated I responded just like every other natural man. I’m no more special than anyone else. So stop suggesting I am.

Saying God made you such doesn't remove this fact.
If you understood scripture correctly in these things you wouldn’t be saying such.
Anyone that physically hears the Gospel can respond the Gospel. In fact the Gospel tells a person exactly what to do in the simplest of terms.
Yes, and the natural man responds in the negative.

praise_yeshua

No, your saying that.
Before I was regenerated I responded just like every other natural man. I’m no more special than anyone else. So stop suggesting I am.

You're deflecting. You eventually responded in a manner that you believe only certain people do.

If you understood scripture correctly in these things you wouldn’t be saying such.

No. I don't accept YOUR view of God in this. I know what the Scriptures say. I accept them.

Yes, and the natural man responds in the negative.

It is the natural man that speaks to call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is what the Gospel explicitly demands. What voice does a human being use to declare Jesus Christ?

Either way, you have NOT dealt adequately with the OP. You believe natural men doesn't seek god. That is what you teach. Natural men can love their idol. Natural men can worship their idol. Idols prove you wrong.

Carbon

You're deflecting. You eventually responded in a manner that you believe only certain people do.
I did not respond until after regeneration, just like all others who are regenerated by the Spirit. See, still nothing special about me.
No. I don't accept YOUR view of God in this. I know what the Scriptures say. I accept them.
I know you don’t accept what I believe scripture teaches. And that’s okay.
It is the natural man that speaks to call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is what the Gospel explicitly demands. What voice does a human being use to declare Jesus Christ?
And as long as he is unregenerate he responds in the negative.

Carbon

Either way, you have NOT dealt adequately with the OP. You believe natural men doesn't seek god. That is what you teach. Natural men can love their idol. Natural men can worship their idol. Idols prove you wrong.
You would like it if idols proved me wrong. But, unfortunately they do not.

That’s all the natural man has if they are unregenerate.

praise_yeshua

You would like it if idols proved me wrong. But, unfortunately they do not.

That’s all the natural man has if they are unregenerate.

You were not regenerated before you believed. That is your false narrative. You are not different than any other your brothers in Adam.

Last edited: