These are done by "'bout that much! Maybe a little more..."
——————————————————
Richie' s Favorite:
Ingredients:
1 lb. uncooked elbow macaroni
1 lb. chopped meat
1 can stewed tomatoes
Directions:
Cook the elbow macaroni. While waiting for the water to boil, fry the chopped meat until brown. (Diced onions and/or celery can be added, if you like.)
When the macaroni are cooked, drain them, and stir in the meat and stewed tomatoes. You can heat the mixture more, if you can refrain from gobbling it down! ?

--Rich

Another macaroni meal...
1 lb. uncooked macaroni
1-2 cans tuna fish
1 diced onion
1 stalk celery, diced
1 can peas
Mayonnaise, as preferred
Sprinkle of vinegar (optional)

Cook the macaroni, drain. Mix in the other ingredients. This can be served warm or cool.

--Rich

That is the way my husband loves to cook. Look at the recipe, close the book and then goes with the flow. We both tend to do eyeball recipes, as most recipes make too much for two people. My husband is the cook in our house and he has had to learn to make foods tasty without all our favourites eg garlic, onions, bell peppers etc. due to my food intolerances.

They look tasty.

——————————————————
Richie' s Favorite:
Ingredients:
1 lb. chopped meat
1 can stewed tomatoes
Directions:
Cook the elbow macaroni. While waiting for the water to boil, fry the chopped meat until brown. (Diced onions and/or celery can be added, if you like.)
When the macaroni are cooked, drain them, and stir in the meat and stewed tomatoes. You can heat the mixture more, if you can refrain from gobbling it down! ?

--Rich
I have one which is:

can tuna/salmon
can tomato soup/passatta
throw in whatever is on hand celery, spring onions, grated carrot, herbs.

Heat. Then toss in cooked pasta. Serve with salad.

Another macaroni meal...
1 lb. uncooked macaroni
1-2 cans tuna fish
1 diced onion
1 stalk celery, diced
1 can peas
Mayonnaise, as preferred
Sprinkle of vinegar (optional)

Cook the macaroni, drain. Mix in the other ingredients. This can be served warm or cool.

--Rich
thanks for the recipe. I will try the recipe.

I read the thread title, and came here looking for some weird Japanese sushi ;)

Gravy:
1) metal pan with drippings, used very recently to cook meat
2) dry vermouth
3) chicken stock
4) flour
5) butter
6) salt, pepper and other seasonings

- Heat the pan containing the drippings on a stove top over medium low heat

- Add the vermouth and bring to a simmer, scraping up the bits of crust and browned meat juices. If the pan is too big and the vermouth evaporates completely, add a little chicken stock to keep everything wwet & simmering. Continue heating and storring until the liquid is reduced by half (roughly)

- Add the rest of the chicken stock and bring to a simmer

- Sift flour into the simmering liquid, and use a whisk to break up the lumps. Simmer until the gravy thickens.

- Season as needed. Add more chicken stock if it gets too thick, OR if you need more gravy

Ramen

1) fresh veggies to saute (onions, celery, carrots cut up very small, etc)
2) a little cooking oil, or sesame oil for a more authentic flair
3) several packages of dry instant ramen noodles, broken roughly by hand. Discard the seasoning packets
4) vegetable stock
5) an egg
6) any leftover cooked/grilled/roasted veggies
7) thinly sliced rare meat, or seafood (shrimp, bay scallops, etc)
8) seasonings, as desired

- Sauté any fresh veggies until softened slightly.

- Add broken noodles and stock to the same pot, and cook until the noodles are almost done

- You can fry and chop up the egg, and add it with the leftover veggies. You can also stir the ramen continuously and slowly pour in the whisked egg raw. The latter will make the soup slightly creamy, or create thin strands of cooked egg - depending on how you do this

- Add the remainder of the ingredients (ie. leftover veggies, thinly sliced meat or shrimp, etc) and heat until everything is warmed through.

---

Home made ramen like this is infinitely better than the dry stuff you can buy at $0.50 a piece. It's also a great vehicle for getting rid of leftovers. Be creative! You can flavor the soup with almost anything: hoisin, mirin, soy sauce, hot chili oil, etc.

I read the thread title, and came here looking for some weird Japanese sushi ;)

Gravy:
1) metal pan with drippings, used very recently to cook meat
2) dry vermouth
3) chicken stock
4) flour
5) butter
6) salt, pepper and other seasonings

- Heat the pan containing the drippings on a stove top over medium low heat

- Add the vermouth and bring to a simmer, scraping up the bits of crust and browned meat juices. If the pan is too big and the vermouth evaporates completely, add a little chicken stock to keep everything wwet & simmering. Continue heating and storring until the liquid is reduced by half (roughly)

- Add the rest of the chicken stock and bring to a simmer

- Sift flour into the simmering liquid, and use a whisk to break up the lumps. Simmer until the gravy thickens.

- Season as needed. Add more chicken stock if it gets too thick, OR if you need more gravy
That sounds like a yummy gravy which is always made by sight. Here we put vegemite in the gravy.

At first I was thinking fish eyes, my dad made fish soup and he ate the fish' eyes. It made my stomach turn.

Ramen

1) fresh veggies to saute (onions, celery, carrots cut up very small, etc)
2) a little cooking oil, or sesame oil for a more authentic flair
3) several packages of dry instant ramen noodles, broken roughly by hand. Discard the seasoning packets
4) vegetable stock
5) an egg
6) any leftover cooked/grilled/roasted veggies
7) thinly sliced rare meat, or seafood (shrimp, bay scallops, etc)
8) seasonings, as desired

- Sauté any fresh veggies until softened slightly.

- Add broken noodles and stock to the same pot, and cook until the noodles are almost done

- You can fry and chop up the egg, and add it with the leftover veggies. You can also stir the ramen continuously and slowly pour in the whisked egg raw. The latter will make the soup slightly creamy, or create thin strands of cooked egg - depending on how you do this

- Add the remainder of the ingredients (ie. leftover veggies, thinly sliced meat or shrimp, etc) and heat until everything is warmed through.

---

Home made ramen like this is infinitely better than the dry stuff you can buy at $0.50 a piece. It's also a great vehicle for getting rid of leftovers. Be creative! You can flavor the soup with almost anything: hoisin, mirin, soy sauce, hot chili oil, etc.
My husband puts them in stir fries he makes. We do not use the seasoning packs, it upsets my system.

——————————————————
Richie' s Favorite:
Ingredients:
1 lb. chopped meat
1 can stewed tomatoes
Directions:

--Rich
My mother made that every week. I changed it to use 2 cans of tomato sauce instead of stewed tomatoes. My husband said it was his favorite growing up, but he liked Campbell's tomato soup instead of tomato sauce and where he grew up, people called it chop suey. My mother didn't have a name for it. I started calling it macaroni goulash. Then I found out the original name was Johnny Marzetti from a restaurant in Ohio.

I don't make it anymore.

Last edited:
Back