Faith invokes action and fruit of a believe.

Yahchristian

Faith invokes action and fruit of a believe.

Just to clarify the Judaism view...

Is “faith” necessary if someone has “action”?

In other words, can you be a “good” Jew if you doubt the existence of God?

I ask since only 26% of Jews believe in God as described in the Scriptures.

Just to clarify the Judaism view...

Is “faith” necessary if someone has “action”?
Action is the result of faith.

In other words, can you be a “good” Jew if you doubt the existence of God?
We all have doubts especially when tragedy strikes. Some even doubt or question God's will, like Jesus did, when his death was impending. Jesus even said not to call him good even though he supposedly believed. Doubting the will of God is doubting His existence that He controls all.

Demons believe too, right?

I ask since only 26% of Jews believe in God as described in the Scriptures.
Maybe they deny what Christians believe or define as God.

Maybe they deny what Christians believe or define as God.
As you suspect, he is not being entirely honest. While only 33% of American Jews say they believe in the God of the Bible, a full on 89% do say they beleive in God. IOW the problem here is not that Jews do not believe in God, but that we don't always believe the Bible to be accurate. It would be interesting to see exactly how they phrased the question too.

As you suspect, he is not being entirely honest. While only 33% of American Jews say they believe in the God of the Bible, a full on 89% do say they beleive in God. IOW the problem here is not that Jews do not believe in God, but that we don't always believe the Bible to be accurate. It would be interesting to see exactly how they phrased the question too.

I know. It's more of the same repetitive questions.

Is there ANY JEW on this forum who IS ABLE to answer the question.

If a Jew does the right actions but does not believe there is a God...

Do they even need faith?

Are they a good Jew?
A Jew who does not believe in God is considered a heretic, what we call an Apikoros. However, they can still keep the covenant. In fact, I know an atheist Jew who is Orthodox.

A Jew who does not believe in God is considered a heretic, what we call an Apikoros. However, they can still keep the covenant. In fact, I know an atheist Jew who is Orthodox.

A covenant requires two subjects.

So an Atheist cannot keep a covenant with God.

But just to clarify YOUR understanding of a covenant...

Could you keep a covenant with Santa Claus?

I say No.

A covenant requires two subjects.

So an Atheist cannot keep a covenant with God.

But just to clarify YOUR understanding of a covenant...

Could you keep a covenant with Santa Claus?

I say No.
Sorry, but there are those atheists who do keep the laws. Like I said, I know one. Being an atheist doesn't preclude not stealing, not committing adultery, keeping the shabbat, not committing idolatry, etc.

Honestly, I dont' know where non-Jews get off telling Jews how to conduct our business. An atheist is halachically much better standing than a Jew who has become a Christian.

Back