Faith precedes regeneration Ephesians 1:3

Why can’t you be truthful with me?
He mentions tulip no where in this.
Are you sure you are a Calvinist ?

The doctrines of grace are the acronym tulip .

Your leader preacher just confirmed what I said now will you believe it or are we both liars ?

So admit I was right @Carbon

"And I have my own private opinion, that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism. Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. I do not believe we can preach the gospel, if we do not preach justification by faith without works; nor unless we preach the sovereignty of God in his dispensation of grace; nor unless we exalt the electing, unchangeable, eternal, immutable, conquering love of Jehovah; nor, I think, can we preach the gospel, unless we base it upon the peculiar redemption which Christ made for his elect and chosen people; nor can I comprehend a gospel which lets saints fall away after they are called, and suffers the children of God to be burned in the fires of damnation, after having believed. Such a gospel I abhor. The gospel of the Bible is not such a gospel as that. We preach Christ and him crucified in a different fashion, and to all gainsayers we reply, ‘We have not so learned Christ."[Spurgeon’s Sermons, vol. I (Baker Books, reprinted 2007), 88-89.]
Shirley, you can’t be serious!

Who told you that? Have we met before?

Yes I know that.

Now show me where he claims “tulip” is the gospel
I recall the post that said something like "Hi old phone pal, we had many phone conversations!" Then that sock got "lost in the dryer," and now we have this "new" one covered in lint, and full of holes.

Just like you can’t show regeneration comes before faith in scripture. ?

Figures you can’t show it .
I've shown you multiple times that you must be risen from the dead before you can eat (Gospel)

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid, arise.

And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat."
Luke 8:54‭-‬55 KJV

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
John 21:15‭-‬17 KJV

Regeneration before faith in Scripture for the "observers" is Ephesians 2:5. It is right there in the text, accept it by faith.

This being made alive happened while we were dead in trespasses, then comes being saved by grace, being raised in Him, and being seated with Him in heavenly places.The faith part comes in after, and is gifted; Ephesians 2:8-10.

I've shown you multiple times that you must be risen from the dead before you can eat (Gospel)

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid, arise.

And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat."
Luke 8:54‭-‬55 KJV

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
John 21:15‭-‬17 KJV
Regeneration it’s not mentioned anywhere in those passages .

Regeneration before faith in Scripture for the "observers" is Ephesians 2:5. It is right there in the text, accept it by faith.

This being made alive happened while we were dead in trespasses, then comes being saved by grace, being raised in Him, and being seated with Him in heavenly places.The faith part comes in after, and is gifted; Ephesians 2:8-10.
No it’s not where us the word “ regeneration “ ?

He claims Calvinism is a nickname or another name for the gospel. He does not mention tulip.

Now what does he mean by that?

When you understand scripture, God’s word, you become a Calvinist. Not because Calvinism is the gospel but Calvinism teaches what God’s word says about Christ and scripture is full of doctrines and the doctrines of grace are majestic.
When spurgeon or someone else says, Calvinism is another word for the gospel the meaning is in Calvinism the gospel is proclaimed clearly, powerfully and in truth. This is not so in your free will systems.

This is just another way free willers attack on gospel truth is hidden behind the name Calvinism. So they can show their hate or dislike for God’s truth and just say it’s Calvinism they don’t like.

Nice try!

Just like you can’t show regeneration comes before faith in scripture. ?

Figures you can’t show it .
Lol. I really don’t have to, scripture don’t need me to show it. However, I can point it out, even so, only God can apply that truth.

Oops..

Next. ?

One is either blind or in denial if they can’t see it. Or they are a false teacher trying to deceive God’s children

One is either blind or in denial if they can’t see it. Or they are a false teacher trying to deceive God’s children
Impostors appeared as if they preached the truth up until they are proven as such. Then they become worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. They want to lead others astray with them. Their practice obviously involves sowing discord, causing division, and stirring up strife.

Back