Faith

believing in the God of the Bible, I accept what He says in His word as True
if I can't understand it completely, I just assume it is correct

believing in the God of the Bible, I accept what He says in His word as True
if I can't understand it completely, I just assume it is correct
I can tell from what you write that you try to listen to Him…
and you are kind soul.

all the theological arguing here is so very tiring.

How has God shown it to them? I believe you are making an assumption that isn't necessarily expressed in these verses.

I believe you are mistaken about 2 Cor 4:4. If the God of this world must blind men, then doesn't that mean that truth can be seen in nature?
Indeed

Romans 1:19–20 (KJV 1900)
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Indeed

Romans 1:19–20 (KJV 1900)
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Only an arrogant man denies the need for the grace of the Holy Spirit.

It boils down to self-righteous pride that we can come to God all on our own.

Faith is a supernatural gift from God that is not derived through logic and intellectual prowess.

because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. (Rom. 1:19 NKJ)

Notice that God is the direct agent for the understanding of why he exists, rather than the intelligence of man.

The intellect of man is an area of human pride and vulnerable to demonic influence.

If keen deduction brought men to God, there is nothing the devil could do to blind human beings who were the most intelligent.

Rather does it not seem were faith a supernatural gift irresistibly and unconditionally given by God there is nothing the devil could do to hinder or prevent it

Back