False Prophets

I used to think that false prophets can only be found in Christian cults and other pagan religions. I was wrong. It's also rampant in Evangelical Christianity, thus, fulfilling this prophecy:

"... and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."

These are just self-appointed wannabe prophets or cold readers, nothing more. They keep on saying, "The Lord told me this, the Lord told me that." It really gives me the impression that they are liars and just speaking out from their own imagination or delusion.

If you're an evangelical Christian, do you still believe them after their failed prophecy regardless?

CrowCross

Some of the "prophets" were pretty strange.....Paula White..Copeland.

As to the election turn out....It ain't over yet. Election fraud is being demonstrated.

Cynthia

I used to think that false prophets can only be found in Christian cults and other pagan religions. I was wrong. It's also rampant in Evangelical Christianity, thus, fulfilling this prophecy:

These are just self-appointed wannabe prophets or cold readers, nothing more. They keep on saying, "The Lord told me this, the Lord told me that." It really gives me the impression that they are liars and just speaking out from their own imagination or delusion.

If you're an evangelical Christian, do you still believe them after their failed prophecy regardless?
i dont even know who these people are.

CrowCross

It's probably good that you don't.

The video was somewhat misleading as it was about people predicting Trump would win the election....then they used a situation presenting White and Copeland to demonize the others.

I only know Patt, Paula, and Copeland. It really doesn't matter whether or not you know these people. If you're willing to listen, stay away anything Evangelical. It's really disappointing to think that these people are mainstream Christianity.

Bob Carabbio

Be patient Bob.
I am being patient, HEY!! At my age there's not that much future left, and the results of this election are essentially meaningless to me anyway, it's all been nothing more than another mildly interesting, and all too familiar "show". Whomever God has decided to elevate will either bless, or JUDGE the U.S. according to HIS pleasure.

CrowCross

I am being patient, HEY!! At my age there's not that much future left, and the results of this election are essentially meaningless to me anyway, it's all been nothing more than another mildly interesting, and all too familiar "show". Whomever God has decided to elevate will either bless, or JUDGE the U.S. according to HIS pleasure.
I'm hoping for the blessing....then again I've read about the 4 horsemen...and what follows them.

Go find any church building on any street in America. There's a 99.99 % chance the congregation will be taught and led by false prophets. American congregations have gone especially nutty. People only want to be told what tickles their itching ears - they want to hear a narrative of their own choosing - and they could care less about the actual truth.

Go find any church building on any street in America. There's a 99.99 % chance the congregation will be taught and led by false prophets. American congregations have gone especially nutty. People only want to be told what tickles their itching ears - they want to hear a narrative of their own choosing - and they could care less about the actual truth.

Agreed.

Although I'm a Christian, the only "sane" people I can comfortably associate with are mostly atheists. Lol

At least they can think independently without being influenced by a deceitful pastor.

UncleAbee

It's probably good that you don't.

The video was somewhat misleading as it was about people predicting Trump would win the election....then they used a situation presenting White and Copeland to demonize the others.
This video is not misleading even though it's presented by an atheist. There are a lot of kooks and fruitcakes in the Christian community. The bible warns us of this. Paula White and Kenneth Copeland are false prophets peddling fake Christianity. My main problem though is all the people that follow them. That's what's dangerous. You see all the people laughing along with Copeland? Did you see Paula doing that crazy speaking in tongues. All these people prophesied a Trump win and were wrong. They are false prophets. Then you had the one guy at the 7:00 minute mark that said his prophecy being wrong doesn't make him a false prophet???!!! These people give Christians a bad name and they are the loudest voices out there. It's no wonder that soon the largest religious group will be the "Nones." I agree with the author of the video that this is "religious insanity."

Last edited: