False Prophets

kamaeq

True. I think those same people feel insulted by the existence of logical fallacies themselves...
Worse, they accuse others of making logical fallacies without a clue to how to show a potential logical fallacy. They think that their personal authori-tie makes their mere accusation an absolute proof. Like every word from their keyboard should be equal to "It is written...".

Of course, if one comments on their error, so my previous post...

Bob Carabbio

So, as of 2/9/21 it's obvious that the PROPHETS weren't "Prophets" at all. just religious fools CLAIMING to speak for God, when they never actually had anything from Him to share at all. Nothing but "Superheated FLESH" without an iota of truth.

John t

No, it's not. It's sardonicism. It literally contains no insult.
That is not a word; you just made it up., and it also fails the definition test:

disdainfully or skeptically humorous : derisively mocking

None of those adjectives apply

By definition, you are attacking and insulting another poster. So if you do not like what I post, complain to a mod.

Whateverman

John t

Oops :D

By pointing out that you don't understand what sardonicism means? Not hardly :D

I provided the definition from Merriam Webster. You simply created a non-existent word, therefore, your accusation fails. What you do not understand is that any form of the word "sardonic" (and your creation is NOT a form of the word) is an insult, BY DEFINITION.

Our Lord's God

I used to think that false prophets can only be found in Christian cults and other pagan religions. I was wrong. It's also rampant in Evangelical Christianity, thus, fulfilling this prophecy:

"... and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."

These are just self-appointed wannabe prophets or cold readers, nothing more. They keep on saying, "The Lord told me this, the Lord told me that." It really gives me the impression that they are liars and just speaking out from their own imagination or delusion.

If you're an evangelical Christian, do you still believe them after their failed prophecy regardless?

The entire "church system" is jam packed full of false prophets.

Our Lord's God

Is English your native tongue? Do you know what a "belief system" is, because it's not merely a word with the "-ism" suffix.

-ism​
/izəm/​
suffix
suffix: -ism
  1. 1.
    forming nouns denoting an action or its result.
    "baptism"
    • forming nouns denoting a state or quality.
      "barbarism"
  2. 2.
    forming nouns denoting a system, principle, or ideological movement.
    "Anglicanism"
    • forming nouns denoting a basis for prejudice or discrimination.
      "racism"
  3. 3.
    forming nouns denoting a peculiarity in language.
    "colloquialism"

4. 4.
    forming nouns denoting a pathological condition.
    "alcoholism"
You're way out in left field; I'll leave you to it :rolleyes:
baptism?

Whateverman

That's one example in the reference I've posted, sure. I don't think calling it a "belief system" is accurate at all, because it's part of one, but isn't one by itself.

But since that one might be debatable, the other quoted examples make my point: alcoholism isn't a belief system; neither is a colloquialism.

I'm going to leave this thread, because the one troll I've interacted with here (NOT you) is taking the thread off-topic with this stuff, and that's something the mods frown upon.

kamaeq

I provided the definition from Merriam Webster. You simply created a non-existent word, therefore, your accusation fails. What you do not understand is that any form of the word "sardonic" (and your creation is NOT a form of the word) is an insult, BY DEFINITION.
Well since your posted definition didn't match the LINKED ONE from Merriam Webster, I fail to see how you are speaking truthfully in that claim.

Also, your claim that the other poster created a "made up word" when THE ACTUAL LINK shows that word defined by Merriam Webster's dictionary, it calls into doubt your veracity on this subject. It might possibly your honest ignorance of the English language, which is not a negative thing unless one refuses to learn when confronted by contrary facts. To call that a "personal insult" would be to define one's idea of "personal insult" to be that which disagrees with that person.

Instead you chose to post the definition for the word "sardonic", which may or may not be considered personally insulting, but usually isn't. Unless, of course, a certain person believes that contradiction of their false claims to be personally insulting. That certain type of person shows themselves to be vain, arrogant and have trouble with the truth at all times. Otherwise, one would have to show that it is not just disdain or skeptical, but that is actually derisive humor, not only of the silly idea that prompted it, but of the person promoting the silly idea personally.

Snowflakes who are so thin skinned as to be the princess from "The Princess and The Pea" story should not be allowed to create the standards for adult discourse.

That type of person, speaking in general, would be the type who attempts to moderate other posters by shaming in rude posts on forums where moderation is to be left to the moderators. A rather childish action by this type of person.

Now, where have I seen that kind of shaming attempts in modern culture...

Beloved

FALSE PROPHETS

The absolute sufficiency of Scripture is summed up in this section from the Westminster Confession of Faith:

The whole counsel of God, concerning all things necessary for His own glory, man's salvation, faith, and life, is either expressly set down in Scripture, or by good and necessary consequence may be deduced from Scripture: unto which nothing at any time is to be added, whether by new revelations of the Spirit, or traditions of men

That seems to be clear to me.
BUT
A professor of theology and biblical studies at Phoenix Seminary believes God regularly gives Christians prophetic messages by simply bringing spontaneous thoughts to mind. Such impressions should be reported as prophecy, he says.

I'll ignore him and go to Scripture

Hebrews 1:1-2
1. God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,

2. in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Jude 3
3. Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints

Revelation 22:18-19
18. I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

19. and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

But warnings are ignored by those who claim to have heard from God.

Scripture never changes.

Why is there such a difference in how we see the written word? Is it ego? Because we don't study enough? Pray enough? How about--it appears like the Word is telling us there is something that's forbidden that we want to do so we put a different slant on what it says? Sort of like grading on a curve?

There are many in Carm that I admire because I can see where they don't just answer off the top of their heads and take time to explain why they answered. Others, I think, would not consider that anyone except themselves had the truth.

Thank you for taking time to read what I wrote and hopefully give me an insite to the questions.

balshan

I used to think that false prophets can only be found in Christian cults and other pagan religions. I was wrong. It's also rampant in Evangelical Christianity, thus, fulfilling this prophecy:

"... and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."

These are just self-appointed wannabe prophets or cold readers, nothing more. They keep on saying, "The Lord told me this, the Lord told me that." It really gives me the impression that they are liars and just speaking out from their own imagination or delusion.

If you're an evangelical Christian, do you still believe them after their failed prophecy regardless?
I am very wary of people who say that they have a prophesy. False prophets in the OT were meant to have a awful end.

Deut 18:20-22

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

2 Tim 4;3

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

When people try to sell me a watch tower. I just say so many false prophesy which means it is a waste of time reading it.

balshan

Deut 18:20-22

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

Looking at this verse, what surprises me is that some of these so called prophets have made false prophecies before and yet people still think they are prophets. I do not say all because I do not know all of these so called prophets. Before accepting what comes out of their mouths one should check what they have said before.

I was once in a church and two people who were meant to be prophets seemed to clash. One was saying look in front of you Jesus is right in front of you and the other said he was somewhere else. It was a very confused prophecies.