Fascists storm the US Capitol

Loki

I never thought I would see such a disgraceful scene unfold on American soil. These events are still unfolding as I write this post, so my comments will be brief. For weeks now Trump has been inciting his supporters with lies concerning the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. Just a few days ago the president broke state and federal law by attempting to persuade electoral officials in Georgia to manufacture just enough votes for him to overturn Biden's win in that state. In remarks at a protest in Washington D.C. today, he continued to pressure Vice President Pence to unlawfully reject the slates of electors duly certified by key swing states And now a mob of right-wing vandals has broken into the Capitol building, breaking glass, rifling through elected officials' desks, disrupting the Constitutionally mandated work of Congress, and putting the building on lockdown.

Let me just communicate something to the most extreme Trump supporters out there. Americans are sick and tired of your arrogant entitlement, your reckless disregard for democracy, your unfailing obsequiousness to a conman, and your insouciance with respect to the rampant corruption that has been a staple of the Trump administration from the earliest days. The eighty-one million of us who voted to put an end to this nightmare are not going to tolerate a bunch of propaganda-addled, delusional thugs to overthrow the democracy that has made America the leader of the free world. This isn't Hungary, Russia, or Turkey, where a right-wing strongman can exploit the weight of his position to illegally prolong his residency in that office or opportunistically seize power in a fascist putsch. We will not be intimidated or pushed around. It's long past time for you folks to come to grips with the fact that Trump lost and that you have been the victims of a scam. The patience of Americans loyal to the Republic is wearing thin.

Gus Bovona

The government must prosecute the law-breakers at the Capitol today, as well they should have also prosecuted law-breakers during protests in Seattle, etc. But the two crimes are NOWHERE equivalent. In one case you had endangering life and property; today, we have seen democracy and the peaceful transfer of power, which are intended to keep life and property safe, endangered itself.

Harry Leggs

I never thought I would see such a disgraceful scene unfold on American soil.

What a joke. LOL! I am cracking up. I can only hope it ruins your day. You did not see this coming? Can you see past the end of your nose?
These events are still unfolding as I write this post, so my comments will be brief. For weeks now Trump has been inciting his supporters with lies concerning the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.
The ones doing the inciting are leftist all across the country and Democrat cheats and impotent Repubs. If they do not do their job this is the result and it may be mild relative to what is coming.

Just a few days ago the president broke state and federal law by attempting to persuade electoral officials in Georgia to manufacture just enough votes for him to overturn Biden's win in that state.
Lies.

Temujin

The government must prosecute the law-breakers at the Capitol today, as well they should have also prosecuted law-breakers during protests in Seattle, etc. But the two crimes are NOWHERE equivalent. In one case you had endangering life and property; today, we have seen democracy and the peaceful transfer of power, which are intended to keep life and property safe, endangered itself.
"We love you. You're very special." Now who but a traitor would describe the "protestors" in such a way?

vibise

This is absolutely on point. I live in the DC suburbs. While I was on-line in a conference with someone in my group, we got a warning from our boss telling us about these events, and advising us to all stay out of downtown DC. Afterwards I saw enough on TV to notice that the police were not rounding up these lawbreakers, arresting them and carting them off. Why not?

There should most definitely be consequences for attacking the Capitol building while a joint session of Congress is in the process of affirming a Presidential election. Why are the police not arresting these people? these are criminals and insurrectionists. At the very least they should be charged as felons, and have their voting rights and gun rights revoked.

Loki

What a joke. LOL! I am cracking up. I can only hope it ruins your day. You did not see this coming? Can you see past the end of your nose?

The ones doing the inciting are leftist all across the country and Democrat cheats and impotent Repubs. If they do not do their job this is the result and it may be mild relative to what is coming.

Lies.

It's clear from your incoherent response you don't understand the significance of today's attack on the US government. Heed my warning: law-abiding citizens and loyal Americans will not tolerate the attempts of right-wing vandals to burn down our democracy.

Loki

This is absolutely on point. I live in the DC suburbs. While I was on-line in a conference with someone in my group, we got a warning from our boss telling us about these events, and advising us to all stay out of downtown DC. Afterwards I saw enough on TV to notice that the police were not rounding up these lawbreakers, arresting them and carting them off. Why not?

There should most definitely be consequences for attacking the Capitol building while a joint session of Congress is in the process of affirming a Presidential election. Why are the police not arresting these people? these are criminals and insurrectionists. At the very least they should be charged as felons, and have their voting rights and gun rights revoked.

Assuming Trump is not impeached and removed from office for inciting this attack, I could well see him pardoning those involved. He's already pardoned war criminals and people who have committed crimes on his behalf. But I absolutely agree with you that we should prosecute each and every one of these folks to the fullest extent the law will allow.

Whateverman

It's pretty common for the police to react this way to "first time" mobs: large groups of people who appear for the first time (ie. no previous mob incidents in the area), and mostly mill about.

I'm already seeing some talking about police siding with the protesters, such as letting them into the capital building, and I hope those allegations are investigated. Still, the police typically use uncertainty to help disperse large groups of protesters, and them not cracking down immediately at 6pm is perfectly consistent with that.

Harry Leggs

It's clear from your incoherent response you don't understand the significance of today's attack on the US government.
This is what happens when Dems cheat at elections. Biden is a counterfeit president. There is nothing hard to understand here. The problem here is you. I am not the one caught with my pants down on this, you were. A young female shot and killed. Perhaps a Trump supporter. That should make you all happy. Killing female Trump supporters.
Heed my warning: law-abiding citizens and loyal Americans will not tolerate the attempts of right-wing vandals to burn down our democracy.

You don't know who they were. It could have been leftist pretenders. You guys are so sickening with your name-calling and your veiled threats. Get a grip and worry about things you have control over and not incidents you have no control over.

Electric Skeptic

This is what happens when Dems cheat at elections. Biden is a counterfeit president. There is nothing hard to understand here. The problem here is you. I am not the one caught with my pants down on this, you were. A young female shot and killed. Perhaps a Trump supporter. That should make you all happy. Killing female Trump supporters.

You don't know who they were. It could have been leftist pretenders. You guys are so sickening with your name-calling and your veiled threats. Get a grip and worry about things you have control over and not incidents you have no control over.
This is deplorable and disgusting. Blaming a lethal riot by Republicans on Democrats. Doubling down on the lies that are at the root of the entire problem. This sort of partisanship - that goes beyond concern for the country, goes beyond concern for reason and rationality - is what will destroy this country.

Loki

The death of a woman as a result of the assault on the Capitol is part of the outrage we witnessed today. No one is happy she died. Perhaps if Trump hadn't incited this violence, she would still be alive.

I knew it was only a matter of time before some of the more conspiracy-minded Trump supporters would attempt to blame Democrats for the crimes committed by right-wing thugs against our nation today. Good luck with that. And my warning is not a veiled threat. It is a promise that the American people have had enough of the self-absorbed, arrogant, antisocial, unpatriotic behavior that characterizes many Trump supporters. Already Republican elected officials are running away from the soon-to-be-ex president given how toxic he has become over the past 48 hours. There have even been reports that some cabinet members have discussed invoking the Twenty-Fifth Amendment. An authoritarian, right-wing populist movement is simply incompatible with the Enlightenment principles which underlie the U.S. Constitution, and those who embrace the illiberal values, actions, and beliefs advocated by Trump's most extreme supporters have become enemies of the Republic.

Bob1

Drumpf LOST. Get over it and move on!
You are defending and excusing right-wingnut thugs.

Harry Leggs

Drumpf LOST. Get over it and move on!
Dude you can't even spell. Why should anyone listen to you?
The death of a woman as a result of the assault on the Capitol is part of the outrage we witnessed today. No one is happy she died. Perhaps if Trump hadn't incited this violence, she would still be alive.
Trump told the truth and the violence was happening in 2020 along with the cheating. You guys are so shallow with your one-note charlie talking points and your misinformation and lack of insight.
I knew it was only a matter of time before some of the more conspiracy-minded Trump supporters would attempt to blame Democrats for the crimes committed by right-wing thugs against our nation today.
Yeah, but you did no see what was coming.
Good luck with that. And my warning is not a veiled threat. It is a promise that the American people have had enough of the self-absorbed, arrogant, antisocial, unpatriotic behavior that characterizes many Trump supporters.
We have had enough of lying cheating Dems accusing everybody of fascism when leftist low infos do not know what a fascist is in the first place.
All we get from you is hate speech and agitprop.
Already Republican elected officials are running away from the soon-to-be-ex president given how toxic he has become over the past 48 hours.
That happened long ago since repubs are gutless or in the pocket of big-money donors. Try to keep up. How many repubs did Trump beat before he beat Hillary?
There have even been reports that some cabinet members have discussed invoking the Twenty-Fifth Amendment.
Some reports. It is not like we can take that to the bank. Vague and meaningless.
An authoritarian, right-wing populist movement is simply incompatible with the Enlightenment principles which underlie the U.S. Constitution,
You don't give a rip about the constitution. More paranoid delusions.
and those who embrace the illiberal values, actions, and beliefs advocated by Trump's most extreme supporters have become enemies of the Republic.
Dude you are into delusions and agitprop. Suboptimal bi-polar thinking. Good guys and bad guys. :sleep:
You are defending and excusing right-wingnut thugs.
Practically cheering them on. Without apology and esp with leftist pigs who stole the election and did riots all across the nation in 2020 while the Dem politicians did nothing. Cities burned with Dem politicians fiddled. This is what you get when you do not follow the rules. In spades. Fire with fire. The Dems set the precedent and now the resistance may be set in motion. You got the audacity to blame Trump? Besides they may have been leftist low infos in the first place.

Last edited:

Bob1

Dude you can't even spell. Why should anyone listen to you?

Trump told the truth and the violence was happening in 2020 along with the cheating. You guys are so shallow with your one-note charlie talking points and your misinformation and lack of insight.

Yeah, but you did no see what was coming.

We have had enough of lying cheating Dems accusing everybody of fascism when leftist low infos do not know what a fascist is in the first place.
All we get from you is hate speech and agitprop.

That happened long ago since repubs are gutless or in the pocket of big-money donors. Try to keep up. How many repubs did Trump beat before he beat Hillary?

Some reports. It is not like we can take that to the bank. Vague and meaningless.

You don't give a rip about the constitution. More paranoid delusions.

Dude you are into delusions and agitprop. Suboptimal bi-polar thinking. Good guys and bad guys. :sleep:

Practically cheering them on. Without apology and esp with leftist pigs who stole the election and did riots all across the nation in 2020 while the Dem politicians did nothing. Cities burned with Dem politicians fiddled. This is what you get when you do not follow the rules. In spades. Fire with fire. The Dems set the precedent and now the resistance may be set in motion. You got the audacity to blame Trump? Besides they may have been leftist low infos in the first place.
There was NO ELECTION THEFT. Right-wingnuts need a reality check and to get that fact through their skulls. Drumpf is playing all of you and he is responsible for what happened. I do so hope he gets prosecuted after leaving office. He needs to be held accountable for trying to undermine America's democracy.

Reformedguy

I never thought I would see such a disgraceful scene unfold on American soil. These events are still unfolding as I write this post, so my comments will be brief. For weeks now Trump has been inciting his supporters with lies concerning the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. Just a few days ago the president broke state and federal law by attempting to persuade electoral officials in Georgia to manufacture just enough votes for him to overturn Biden's win in that state. In remarks at a protest in Washington D.C. today, he continued to pressure Vice President Pence to unlawfully reject the slates of electors duly certified by key swing states And now a mob of right-wing vandals has broken into the Capitol building, breaking glass, rifling through elected officials' desks, disrupting the Constitutionally mandated work of Congress, and putting the building on lockdown.

Let me just communicate something to the most extreme Trump supporters out there. Americans are sick and tired of your arrogant entitlement, your reckless disregard for democracy, your unfailing obsequiousness to a conman, and your insouciance with respect to the rampant corruption that has been a staple of the Trump administration from the earliest days. The eighty-one million of us who voted to put an end to this nightmare are not going to tolerate a bunch of propaganda-addled, delusional thugs to overthrow the democracy that has made America the leader of the free world. This isn't Hungary, Russia, or Turkey, where a right-wing strongman can exploit the weight of his position to illegally prolong his residency in that office or opportunistically seize power in a fascist putsch. We will not be intimidated or pushed around. It's long past time for you folks to come to grips with the fact that Trump lost and that you have been the victims of a scam. The patience of Americans loyal to the Republic is wearing thin.
Oh come on. It was a "mostly peaceful protest". And why were police there? Should have called in the social workers right? Like dingbat Nancy said, "people are going to do what people are going to do".