Favorite TV shows theme music....

Bonnie

For my money, the best were in some westerns in the 50's. The following are 3 of my favorites:

(132) Rawhide Opening and Closing Credits and Theme Song - YouTube

The opening and closing songs are different, so be sure to listen to both. The song was written by Academy-award winning songwriters, so no wonder it is so good!

The next is my second favorite....and John Russell, the older dude on the left, is easy on the eyes, too!

(132) LAWMAN TV THEME - YouTube

Once again, this theme was written by Academy Award-winning songwriters.

My third favorite is in the next post.

Bonnie

Warner Brothers went into the TV business and had a lot of TV hits. Lawman was one of them. Maverick was another. It had a catchy theme song too, and so did others in the WB stables--Cheyenne, Bronco, and Sugarfoot.

Another good one was from the TV show WYATT EARP.

Next, I will post some non-western theme music.

Bonnie

Hawaiian Eye was a fun show in the early 60's and had a nice theme music, though not in the same class as Rawhide. I think it was from the WB stable. Two other shows with nice theme songs were Route 66 and 77 Sunset Strip. Both WB shows.

But for a more modern theme song, look no farther than the theme from Barretta from the mid 70's. The late, great Sammy Davis Jr. sang the theme song. Who else could sing it as well? :)

(132) Sammy Davis Jr - Baretta's Theme (Keep Your Eye On The Sparrow) - YouTube

He also sang the theme song to the show Chico and the Man. The star of that show had a short, tragic life, unfortunately.

Does anyone else have any favorite TV theme music?

balshan

Hawaiian Eye was a fun show in the early 60's and had a nice theme music, though not in the same class as Rawhide. I think it was from the WB stable. Two other shows with nice theme songs were Route 66 and 77 Sunset Strip. Both WB shows.

But for a more modern theme song, look no farther than the theme from Barretta from the mid 70's. The late, great Sammy Davis Jr. sang the theme song. Who else could sing it as well? :)

(132) Sammy Davis Jr - Baretta's Theme (Keep Your Eye On The Sparrow) - YouTube

He also sang the theme song to the show Chico and the Man. The star of that show had a short, tragic life, unfortunately.

Does anyone else have any favorite TV theme music?
I find the use of morse code in the theme for Inspector Morse clever. I am not really into music.

MMDAN

Some of my favorites include

Gilligan's Island
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Brady Bunch
The Jeffersons
The Partridge Family
Petticoat Junction

Bonnie

Some of my favorites include

Gilligan's Island
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Brady Bunch
The Jeffersons
The Partridge Family
Petticoat Junction
Why are they your favorites? The Gilligan's Island one is rather catchy, though.

I have a book I bought about 25 years ago, that is called TV's Greatest Hits. It follows the evolution of music on TV shows, from the 50's onward until the book was published. It was an interesting read, if you are into that sort of thing. I am. :)

MMDAN

Why are they your favorites? The Gilligan's Island one is rather catchy, though.

I have a book I bought about 25 years ago, that is called TV's Greatest Hits. It follows the evolution of music on TV shows, from the 50's onward until the book was published. It was an interesting read, if you are into that sort of thing. I am. :)
I watched those TV shows quite a bit when I was growing up and those theme songs are catchy to me.

MMDAN

I liked watching this TV show when I was a kid and I liked the theme song, but did not realize at that time this TV show and theme song had connotations in it about marijuana! :oops: I did not figure that out until I got older.