Favorite TV shows theme music....

For my money, the best were in some westerns in the 50's. The following are 3 of my favorites:

(132) Rawhide Opening and Closing Credits and Theme Song - YouTube

The opening and closing songs are different, so be sure to listen to both. The song was written by Academy-award winning songwriters, so no wonder it is so good!

The next is my second favorite....and John Russell, the older dude on the left, is easy on the eyes, too!

(132) LAWMAN TV THEME - YouTube

Once again, this theme was written by Academy Award-winning songwriters.

My third favorite is in the next post.
The bump song from I Hear Your Voice. It is in Korean but if people listen to it I think most people will still appreciate it. The band, Every Single Day, put out some great music.

The bump song from I Hear Your Voice. It is in Korean but if people listen to it I think most people will still appreciate it. The band, Every Single Day, put out some great music.

Another favorite bump song, this time from Cheongdeongdam Alice, with English subtitles.The singer, Baek A Yeong, Is a favorite. 😊

I recently started watching Mannix again this time around w/ my mom, it has a big band sound that's a bit catchy. I also like the monotonous Get Smart's theme and one more was the The Rat Patrol.

Last edited:
I recently started watching Mannix again this time around w/ my mom, it has a big band sound that's a bit catchy. I also like the monotonous Get Smart's theme and one more was the The Rat Patrol.
Cool tunes. I think all those shows are being rerun where I live. Get Smart was a favorite show.

For my money, the best were in some westerns in the 50's. The following are 3 of my favorites:

(132) Rawhide Opening and Closing Credits and Theme Song - YouTube

The opening and closing songs are different, so be sure to listen to both. The song was written by Academy-award winning songwriters, so no wonder it is so good!

The next is my second favorite....and John Russell, the older dude on the left, is easy on the eyes, too!

(132) LAWMAN TV THEME - YouTube

Once again, this theme was written by Academy Award-winning songwriters.

My third favorite is in the next post.
Friends and family hate this topic because I used to hum the theme songs from tv shows like CHiPs, I Dream of Jeannie, Dallas, etc. This always resulted in these theme songs becoming embedded in their minds. A week later, they would still be ticked off that they couldn't get the theme song from Hawaii 5-0 out of their mind. I would then offer to help them by humming the theme song to The Beverly Hillbillies, or Get Smart, etc.

If you want to drive someone crazy, start humming this song:

Cool tunes. I think all those shows are being rerun where I live. Get Smart was a favorite show.
Yeah, I loved Get Smart, Ziegfried, would you believe you're surrounded by two boyscouts with a slingshot??? 😆 It always dwindled to a lesser threat. It customarily started with being surrounded by 200 Control agents or something similar....
Ziegfried > Tsk, tsk, tsk...Schmart, I don't believe you.

Last edited:
All good theme music too. Of the three F-Troop and Larry Storch was my favorite show, I also liked McHale's Navy.
Just a bit of trivia you may be interested in: A lot of these theme songs that emerged from the 60's into the late 80's were composed and performed by a group of LA studio musicians affectionately referred to as "The Wrecking Crew"

Not only that, but much of the biggest hits of that time were also performed and improved upon by them as well. The big labels all wanted them to record their top talent because they had a talent for turning good songs into chart topping hits.

Just about anything on an album back then was played by these same people.

Reactions: Nic
Just a bit of trivia you may be interested in: A lot of these theme songs that emerged from the 60's into the late 80's were composed and performed by a group of LA studio musicians affectionately referred to as "The Wrecking Crew"

Not only that, but much of the biggest hits of that time were also performed and improved upon by them as well. The big labels all wanted them to record their top talent because they had a talent for turning good songs into chart topping hits.

Just about anything on an album back then was played by these same people.
Thanks. I had heard of the Wrecking Crew, but that's about all I could say. Thanks for the background info.
I found shnarkle on boat forum, I suspect it's you, was the boat named the same and it was a small craft as I recall maybe 15 or so feet? Are any of those details true or am I sleeping on and off again while I post. A person does learn some things about blending dreams and reality at that intermediate point. Mostly just how real these blended dreams seem. I became a bit curious after you mentioning Panama as a good place to retire.

I think it's time to blow this scene
Get everybody and their stuff together
OK, three, two, one let's jam

Reactions: Nic
Thanks. I had heard of the Wrecking Crew, but that's about all I could say. Thanks for the background info.
I think there's a video on Youtube about them. Glen Campbell, and the Mamas and the Papas were with them until they made it big. For the most part the rest just did sessions work their entire lives. They never made any real money, but made everyone else rich.
I found shnarkle on boat forum, I suspect it's you, was the boat named the same and it was a small craft as I recall maybe 15 or so feet? Are any of those details true or am I sleeping on and off again while I post. A person does learn some things about blending dreams and reality at that intermediate point. Mostly just how real these blended dreams seem. I became a bit curious after you mentioning Panama as a good place to retire.
I'm on a few boat forums, but never named any of my boats. I have a 14' inflatable, but don't recall ever posting much of anything about it. I had a barge and sailboat that were both over 60' long, a couple cruisers over 40', a 26' trailer sailer, and quite a few misc. dinghies. Now I'm down to a 36' Carver flybridge sedan and the inflatable.

I'm probably done doing any major bluewater cruising. Although I may cruise over to the Bahamas, possibly island hopping down to the eastern Caribbean.

I think there's a video on Youtube about them. Glen Campbell, and the Mamas and the Papas were with them until they made it big. For the most part the rest just did sessions work their entire lives. They never made any real money, but made everyone else rich.

I'm on a few boat forums, but never named any of my boats. I have a 14' inflatable, but don't recall ever posting much of anything about it. I had a barge and sailboat that were both over 60' long, a couple cruisers over 40', a 26' trailer sailer, and quite a few misc. dinghies. Now I'm down to a 36' Carver flybridge sedan and the inflatable.

I'm probably done doing any major bluewater cruising. Although I may cruise over to the Bahamas, possibly island hopping down to the eastern Caribbean.
Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. It sounds like you've made an adventurous life of things. Another who I believe is or has been on the water with his work is BJ Bear. I've heard him referenced being stuck in drydock before. I had no idea how much nautical terminology translated into are common vernacular until a few years ago. Thanks again.
Oh yes I'm familiar with the Mamas and the Papas and of course Glen Campbell. I did not know that about either of them.

Friends and family hate this topic because I used to hum the theme songs from tv shows like CHiPs, I Dream of Jeannie, Dallas, etc. This always resulted in these theme songs becoming embedded in their minds. A week later, they would still be ticked off that they couldn't get the theme song from Hawaii 5-0 out of their mind. I would then offer to help them by humming the theme song to The Beverly Hillbillies, or Get Smart, etc.

If you want to drive someone crazy, start humming this song:

Oh, brain worms are hard to disposed of! Substitute one for another! :p

Some others are
Hill Street Blues
Wild Wild West
The Flintstones
The Rifleman
Batman
Twilight Zone
Andy Griffith Show
Mission Impossible
Addams Family
The Munsters

Last edited:
My mom used to watch this every day. I still hear humming it from time-to-time.

Never heard of this show. I was only 1 year old, when it first started, so maybe that is why....I don't remember my parents talking about it, so maybe they never watched it.

Back