Favourite salad

balshan

Here we have fusion foods. I enjoy the Asian dressing with a simple salad of shredded carrots, lettuce. If you add the fried noodles you get a real crunch. They use a lot of fresh herbs as well,

One style is

We often have a simple toss salad or potato salad. What is your favourite salad? It is summer here, I know you are probably thinking more along the line of stews and casseroles.

I love salads. I can't think of a favorite right now. But when I tried a bulgur salad, I didn't care for it. Maybe I'll look for a variation.

I love salads, and the more stuff in it, the better I like it. My favorite one is a simple one: caprese salad. The first thing I do with the first ripe tomatoes from our garden is make one of these. I just love it. Our son-in-law Rafael introduced it to us, years ago.

I love salads, and the more stuff in it, the better I like it. My favorite one is a simple one: caprese salad. The first thing I do with the first ripe tomatoes from our garden is make one of these. I just love it. Our son-in-law Rafael introduced it to us, years ago.
I do a caprese skewer with cherry tomatoes and bocconcini balls. This year I did in a small vol au vent case. They were yummy. We have failed to grow basil outside but the window sill is working well.

I do a caprese skewer with cherry tomatoes and bocconcini balls. This year I did in a small vol au vent case. They were yummy. We have failed to grow basil outside but the window sill is working well.
Bocconcini balls? What are those?

Wonderful!

I had Salad Nicoise in Nice, France. It was excellent, but I can no longer eat tuna. :(

Wonderful!

I had Salad Nicoise in Nice, France. It was excellent, but I can no longer eat tuna. :(

Could you have it without tuna, it sounds like it would be still tasty.

Yes I think it is open to a lot of variations. Remember in the early 70s cabana and cheese on a toothpick, or maybe you are too young.
Too young? Thanks for the humor! I'm not too young. I was isolated by my religion. My trip to Italy and Nice was not so expensive either as my father was an officer in the military stationed in Germany. LOL.

Too young? Thanks for the humor! I'm not too young. I was isolated by my religion. My trip to Italy and Nice was not so expensive either as my father was an officer in the military stationed in Germany. LOL.
It would still have been great to see and live in those different countries. I would have loved to travel. I always wanted to go to New Zealand and Ireland. New Zealand has Rotorua, glow worms and fiords and Ireland is just so green. I didn't know we have a lot of Irish ancestors until I did some family research, maybe that is what drew me to Ireland. I knew dad was Italian but then researching mum's ancestry was amazing. So mixed then I thought about Dad's he would have a very mixed background, as Italy was conquered by a lot of countries.

I tried to get girl friends to travel. Never wanted to go by myself, not that confident. I imagined being on vesper with a french stick sticking out of a backpack to lunch on. Then I met Kim and he never wanted to go anywhere. Though he did a tour of America with his dad.

My husband and I wanted to go to Scotland, but his health had deteriorated. Ironically, our oldest child went to Scotland after he passed away. I'm not up to traveling any more.

My one son-in-law lets his wife travel around the U. S., but he won't go anywhere with her. She's so adventurous. I'm like you and wouldn't want to travel alone.

Small mozzarella balls about the size of the cherry tomatoes. When I am doing nibbles, I do the caprese skewers with a piece of cantaloupe wrapped in ham on a toothpick.
Oh, I have used those many times, but they aren't called that on the bag they come in, at the grocery store. :) Just called mozzarella balls.

Last edited:
My husband and I wanted to go to Scotland, but his health had deteriorated. Ironically, our oldest child went to Scotland after he passed away. I'm not up to traveling any more.

My one son-in-law lets his wife travel around the U. S., but he won't go anywhere with her. She's so adventurous. I'm like you and wouldn't want to travel alone.
That would be interesting. My mother in law was English and they spent two years travelling the world. She said Scotland was grey.

Here we have fusion foods. I enjoy the Asian dressing with a simple salad of shredded carrots, lettuce. If you add the fried noodles you get a real crunch. They use a lot of fresh herbs as well,

One style is

We often have a simple toss salad or potato salad. What is your favourite salad? It is summer here, I know you are probably thinking more along the line of stews and casseroles.
I finally bought the ingredients for Crispy Noodle Salad, but the store had only honey roasted peanuts. I bought them anyway. I didn't make the salad but tasted the peanuts and they're horrible in my opnion! I hope I can get plain peanuts this coming week. Otherwise I'll go ahead and make the salad without peanuts(and omitting the onions). I only like onions in certain foods.

Back