Finding Rest

RC's: Have you found rest for your souls in the Church of Roman Catholicism?
Let me put it this way:

If the answer to that question was "NO" do you think I would be Catholic?

That being said, whether a person has or has not found "rest" in their particular Faith is not the standard by which we measure the claims of a religion. Mormons would claim to have found peace in Mormonism. The same with JW's. The same with any religion. Heck, atheists claim to be at peace.

While I have found rest in Catholicism, find "rest" is not the reason I am Catholic. I am Catholic becasue Catholicism is TRUE.

"Come follow Me and I will give you rest." But the Truth of the matter is that Catholics follow the institution and neglect the Words and instructions of Jesus. I would be afraid if I remained in the RCC.
I would be afraid if I were outside my Father's House, the Church.

Let me put it this way:

If the answer to that question was "NO" do you think I would be Catholic?

That being said, whether a person has or has not found "rest" in their particular Faith is not the standard by which we measure the claims of a religion. Mormons would claim to have found peace in Mormonism. The same with JW's. The same with any religion. Heck, atheists claim to be at peace.

While I have found rest in Catholicism, find "rest" is not the reason I am Catholic. I am Catholic becasue Catholicism is TRUE.
So, as a disciple of Roman Catholicism then, you are filled with as much joy and strength as you had hoped?

"Come follow Me and I will give you rest." But the Truth of the matter is that Catholics follow the institution and neglect the Words and instructions of Jesus. I would be afraid if I remained in the RCC.
I couldn't agree more Spokenword! In so many things RC's are led into sin without knowing it because they have not learned how wholly Jesus wants to rule each person who seeks Him, and not a 'religion,' and how they can not remain righteous for a moment unless they have Jesus very near to them. In some things they know what sin is, but they don't have the power to conquer, because they did not know or belive how entirely Jesus would keep and help them. Sad indeed.

The church, not the Church--meaning, your RCC...but your supposed first pope, Peter, did NOT say that salvation is found in belonging to the RCC...what did he actually say, in Acts 4?

"There is salvation in NO ONE ELSE"--meaning Jesus Christ--"and no other name under heaven, given among men, but which we MUST be saved."

You need to be made aware and afraid of the fact that your path, instead of being like the "path of the righteous," became like Israel's wandering in the desert, ever on the way, never very far, and yet always coming short of the promised rest. Take your weary soul pilgrim, come to Jesus Christ, and learn that there is a spot where safety and victory, peace and rest, are always sure. That place, which is the heart of Jesus, not the Roman Catholic Church, is always open to you.

The church, not the Church--meaning, your RCC...but your supposed first pope, Peter, did NOT say that salvation is found in belonging to the RCC...what did he actually say, in Acts 4?

"There is salvation in NO ONE ELSE"--meaning Jesus Christ--"and no other name under heaven, given among men, but which we MUST be saved."
Neither did Peter say that salvation is found in Lutheranism. Or ANY Protestant denomination. Now what?

Back