Finding Rest

We do not need human philosohy that will never save a person. The bible is clear we have only one saviour and one mediation and Mary is not the cause of salvation at all.

RCs are so captivated by Human wisdom and philosphy they miss the spiritual. God does not care for human wisdom and philosphy.

Col 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

Jer 8:9

The wise men shall be put to shame; they shall be dismayed and taken; behold, they have rejected the word of the Lord, so what wisdom is in them?

All RCs have is the following:

James 3:15

This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.
Tell it, sister!:)

I

Where did I claim your church is a Protestant denomination? I do not remember writing that...

Your church is still A denomination, and fits the definition of one. Live with it.
We don't go by your made up definitions. Live with it.

We don't go by your made up definitions. Live with it.
I did not make it up--if you do not like it, take it up with Merriam-Webster.

A religious organization whose congregations are united in their adherence to its beliefs and practices:
people from several different Christian denominations.[/ quote]
Your church fits the definition to a "T".

Last edited:
I did not make it up--if you do not like it, take it up with Merriam-Webster.

Your church fits the definition to a "T".
Here's good clarification...

Lumen Gentium, “This Church constituted and organized in the world as a society, subsists in the Catholic Church, which is governed by the successor of Peter and by the Bishops in communion with him, although many elements of sanctification and of truth are found outside of its visible structure. These elements, as gifts belonging to the Church of Christ, are forces impelling toward catholic unity.”

ie. The Church of Christ necessarily subsists in the Catholic Church, but it is also not confined by it. All who are baptized and have faith are members of the Church of Christ, even if they live in imperfect communion with the Catholic Church. If anyone has the Spirit of God dwelling in them, they are united to the one Church, the mystical Body of Christ.

Here's good clarification...

Lumen Gentium, “This Church constituted and organized in the world as a society, subsists in the Catholic Church, which is governed by the successor of Peter and by the Bishops in communion with him, although many elements of sanctification and of truth are found outside of its visible structure. These elements, as gifts belonging to the Church of Christ, are forces impelling toward catholic unity.”

ie. The Church of Christ necessarily subsists in the Catholic Church, but it is also not confined by it. All who are baptized and have faith are members of the Church of Christ, even if they live in imperfect communion with the Catholic Church. If anyone has the Spirit of God dwelling in them, they are united to the one Church, the mystical Body of Christ.
I don't need "clarification." YOUR church still fits the definition of "denomination" perfectly.

I don't need communion in the Catholic Church. I am in communion with Jesus Christ. Salvation is in HIM, not in membership in your church.

We do not need human philosophy that will never save a person. The bible is clear we have only one saviour and one mediation and Mary is not the cause of salvation at all.
I didn't say that "human philosophy will save a person" did I? Your statement is proof that you do not actually care what Catholics say in defense of their Faith. As soon as you see that a Catholic responded, you don't bother reading the explanation, you just react.

I am explaining what we mean by Mary being the "cause" of salvation. I was not saying human philosophy saves us.

I don't need "clarification."
Well, the way you post about Catholicism on these boards suggests otherwise.
YOUR church still fits the definition of "denomination" perfectly.
Perhaps. The point is that we aren't just another sect among hundreds of sects.
I don't need communion in the Catholic Church. I am in communion with Jesus Christ. Salvation is in HIM, not in membership in your church.
If you are in communion with Jesus Christ, then you are in union with the Catholic Church whether you like it or not.

Secondary, shmeckendary! This is just a feeble attempt to justify the unjustifiable!
No, it is an explanation of what is meant by "secondary."
Col 2:8

"See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ."
Here we go with random Scripture postings again. I love how you people randomly quote Scriptures that have nothing to do with the discussion.

balshan quoted the right Scriptures. The thing is, rc's reject Scripture, especially when it doesn't agree with what the rcc says.

I don't need "clarification." YOUR church still fits the definition of "denomination" perfectly.

Why would anyone want to be in communion with an institution that harms the sheep? Especially when they have Jesus and are in full communion with Him.

Tell what?

All the poster did was say "Human philisophy doesn't save us." Of course I Never said it did.

Then the poster, like you, quoted random Scriptures that had nothing to do with the post.
The scriptures weren't random and clearly related to what you posted. You are only attacking because you are upset by the words of God.

No, it is an explanation of what is meant by "secondary."

Here we go with random Scripture postings again. I love how you people randomly quote Scriptures that have nothing to do with the discussion.
Not random at all. You have a problem with scripture and the truth of scripture which shows the foolishness of your posts.

I didn't say that "human philosophy will save a person" did I? Your statement is proof that you do not actually care what Catholics say in defense of their Faith. As soon as you see that a Catholic responded, you don't bother reading the explanation, you just react.

I am explaining what we mean by Mary being the "cause" of salvation. I was not saying human philosophy saves us.

No you were showing that what you were posting was of no value and also it proved nothing. You were trying to defend a false belief and cannot use scripture to do so. You are upset because scripture reveals how flawed your defense is.

I did read it, once again trying to devalue what I posted by making out I did not read and relate to what you posted. Poor defense once again of your beliefs.

You were falsely trying to connect Mary to our salvation using philosphy. Your explanation was a wrong, scripture says it better than we can and you are upset by the word of God.

Just to clarify. Do you mean the RCC?
He thinks so but to be in union with Jesus is to reject the RCC and all their false teachings. If one is in union with the RCC that means one is in union with leaders who do not follow Jesus, harm the sheep and others, do not expose sin, think they can tell others what to believe and to bow down to their false teachings. I would rather not be in union with such an institution.

Back