First Lutheran transgender bishop, Megan Rohrer

Nic

The principle as always been saved form faith to faith!
As a favor to the topic, the text and all who may be following along, can you please explain your view of baptism using verses that actually refer to the topic of baptism? Who knows maybe some will run to your sidelines in new found support?

BJ Bear

If God allows one person to get saved apart from water Baptism, means not an absolute requirement!
Baptism into Christ, like the passion of the Christ, is the fulfillment of a promise made by the Lord God which saves and it too can only be righfully received by faith alone. Jesus told his already baptized disciples, "He that believed and is baptized shall be saved." Mark 16:16a

No one is saved apart from Christ. Your "water Baptism" is a figment of someone's imagination.

Reactions: Nic

YeshuaFan

Baptism into Christ, like the passion of the Christ, is the fulfillment of a promise made by the Lord God which saves and it too can only be righfully received by faith alone. Jesus told his already baptized disciples, "He that believed and is baptized shall be saved." Mark 16:16a

No one is saved apart from Christ. Your "water Baptism" is a figment of someone's imagination.
We are baptized by the Holy Spirit into Christ and into His Body moment we believed!

BJ Bear

We are baptized by the Holy Spirit into Christ and into His Body moment we believed!
Within the context of what you have been asserting that is a blatant denial of the passage previously cited, Mark 16:16, the rest of Scripture and the explicit understanding of those whose minds were opened by the risen Lord to understand Scripture.

YeshuaFan

Within the context of what you have been asserting that is a blatant denial of the passage previously cited, Mark 16:16, the rest of Scripture and the explicit understanding of those whose minds were opened by the risen Lord to understand Scripture.
Per Apostle Paul, did you receive the Holy Spirit thru faith, or by doing certain works?

BJ Bear

Per Apostle Paul, did you receive the Holy Spirit thru faith, or by doing certain works?
Since baptism is the work of God why do you ask as if it isn't?

I've asked before but I don't recall getting an answer to the following question: According to Scripture Jesus asked some unbelievers whether John's baptism was from God or from men? Can you give a better answer to that question than those unbelievers gave?

Edited to add: And if you aren't the person who was asked then the question remains, "Can you give a better answer to that quesion than those unbelievers gave?"

YeshuaFan

Since baptism is the work of God why do you ask as if it isn't?

I've asked before but I don't recall getting an answer to the following question: According to Scripture Jesus asked some unbelievers whether John's baptism was from God or from men? Can you give a better answer to that question than those unbelievers gave?

Edited to add: And if you aren't the person who was asked then the question remains, "Can you give a better answer to that quesion than those unbelievers gave?"
The baptism of John was NOT that they were saved by the rite of being dunked in the River, but the pledge of a new heart and a commitment to coming Messiah!

BJ Bear

The baptism of John was NOT that they were saved by the rite of being dunked in the River, but the pledge of a new heart and a commitment to coming Messiah!
So your non answer of Jesus' quesiton is no better than that of the unbelievers He asked two thousand years ago. That says it all.

Bonnie

Through faith--I wasn't baptized until I was 9. But baptism isn't a work WE do, but the effecting of the forgiveness of sins by Christ Jesus by water with the word of God. Only God can forgive our sins and they are forgiven through Holy Baptism.

Last edited:

Nic

In brief:
You have it backwards.
Your commitment (promise) is both meaningless and works in terms of salvation.
God's promise OTH does matter in terms of salvation.
The one who makes the promise fulfills the promise, that isn't you nor me.
p.s.
You continue to avoid that John's baptism was from God.

Nic🙂

YeshuaFan

Through faith--I wasn't baptized until I was 9. But baptism isn't a work WE do, but the effecting of the forgiveness of sins by Christ Jesus by water with the word of God. Only God can forgive our sins and they are forgiven through Holy Baptism.
Faith in Jesus redeems us, as we have sins forgiven by the shed blood of His upon the Cross, not in the water!

BJ Bear

Faith in Jesus redeems us, as we have sins forgiven by the shed blood of His upon the Cross, not in the water!
If you had faith in the real Jesus, the Jesus placarded before all men's eyes in Scripture, then you would know and believe that baptism into Him does now save you through His resurrection.

BJ Bear

They also believe in Jesus as Lord!
If they believe Jesus is Lord then they know and believe that there is no relative pronoun in Mark 16:16 that turns believed away from baptized. The ones who turn believed away from baptized, as in believed this other thing and are baptized shall be saved, are among those who don't believe.

YeshuaFan

If they believe Jesus is Lord then they know and believe that there is no relative pronoun in Mark 16:16 that turns believed away from baptized. The ones who turn believed away from baptized, as in believed this other thing and are baptized shall be saved, are among those who don't believe.
The ones being water baptized have already trusted in Jesus to save them