First Lutheran transgender bishop, Megan Rohrer

Bonnie

Catholics hold that unbaptized babies who die go to Limbo, some like Calvin held to only elect babies go to heaven, while I hold that all babes have been saved By the father in Christ!
The teaching on Limbo was dropped by the CC, some years ago. But I tend to agree with your last statement. :)

YeshuaFan

That is the other poster's assertion as to his practice of baptism, the topic we have been discussing.

With regard to M28:19-20, I am referring to the verb and participles, disciple and baptizing and teaching. Baptizing and teaching tell us about disciple.
What is the purpose of water baptism from the scriptures?

BJ Bear

Have to be a Disciple of Jesus, so first must be saved!
Your contrary to Scripture personal opinion which violates the commandment about not taking the Lord's name in vain is noted.

We will stick with what Scripture says about baptism and thereby hallow His name in the promises of baptism which is done in His name.

BJ Bear

What is the purpose of water baptism from the scriptures?
That's a silly question based upon the imaginative redefining of the one baptism from God as water baptism.

If you want an answer according to your imagination and wording you'll have to consult an imaginary bible.

YeshuaFan

Your contrary to Scripture personal opinion which violates the commandment about not taking the Lord's name in vain is noted.

We will stick with what Scripture says about baptism and thereby hallow His name in the promises of baptism which is done in His name.
it does not grant thosr reciving it either eternal life nor forgiveness of sins!

YeshuaFan

That's a silly question based upon the imaginative redefining of the one baptism from God as water baptism.

If you want an answer according to your imagination and wording you'll have to consult an imaginary bible.
water baptism outward symbol of already accomplish inward work!

BJ Bear

Sadly in my experience applying logic doesn't impact the mind trapped in cognitive dissonance. In fact often contradicting statements and anything else is fair game as long as it assaults and denigrates whatever point you are trying to make. Amazingly this is habitually done without apparent conviction or repentance.
Sadly, I had a good laugh while recently reading the Large Catechism because it reminded me of the difference between a Christocentric understanding, our view, and those understandings which are man centered. The two views are not compatible.

Something in the LC which highlighted this difference is in the comments regarding the second article of the creed. "If now you are asked, What do you believe in the Second Article of Jesus Christ? answer briefly: I believe that Jesus Christ, true Son of God, has become my Lord. But what is it to become Lord? It is this, that He has redeemed me from sin, from the devil, from death, and all evil. For before I had no Lord nor King, but was captive under the power of the devil, condemned to death, enmeshed in sin and blindness."

As our brother used to say, "They read a different Bible."

Reactions: Nic

BJ Bear

water baptism outward symbol of already accomplish inward work!
Your contrary to scripture opinion is noted, see 1 Peter 3:21-22. When you do ask yourself what is the acting nominative and who is the passive object in the statement baptism does now save you through the resurrection of Christ? Obviously, the acting nominative is baptism and the passive object is you.

Reactions: Nic

Faithoverbelief

The debate is clearly not over as many Christians do not view this as a problem.

Everyone sins and you do daily and you don't stop. So picking one sin out of many to pick on is simply religious one upmanship.

YeshuaFan

Your opinion is contrary to Scripture. Baptism does now save you through the resurrection of Christ. There is no forgiveness of sins apart from Christ.
Faith in the risen Christ saves, as water baptism is external sign of that accomplished internal work!

YeshuaFan

Your contrary to scripture opinion is noted, see 1 Peter 3:21-22. When you do ask yourself what is the acting nominative and who is the passive object in the statement baptism does now save you through the resurrection of Christ? Obviously, the acting nominative is baptism and the passive object is you.
The Baptism points us towards who saves us, Lord Jesus Himself!

BJ Bear

Faith in the risen Christ saves, as water baptism is external sign of that accomplished internal work!
Too bad you assert a false Christ, a false faith, and a false baptism because baptism into your imaginary Christ doesn't save, which is contrary to Scripture regarding the true Christ; your imaginary faith denies what the true Lord has given us to believe in the true Scriptures; and your false baptism is a figment of someone's imagination, this is again contrary to Scripture. See 1 Peter 3:21-22 and Mark 16:16 for the irrefutable from the text evidence of why this is so.

The error and heresy, even in the best of your words, is hidden in the meaning of them

BJ Bear

The Baptism points us towards who saves us, Lord Jesus Himself!
That is more false teaching since it is written in order to deny what Scripture actually says and means regarding Christ and baptism. Again see Mark 16:16 and 1 Peter 3:21-22 along with the rest of Scripture which directly addresses the one baptism from God.

YeshuaFan

Too bad you assert a false Christ, a false faith, and a false baptism because baptism into your imaginary Christ doesn't save, which is contrary to Scripture regarding the true Christ; your imaginary faith denies what the true Lord has given us to believe in the true Scriptures; and your false baptism is a figment of someone's imagination, this is again contrary to Scripture. See 1 Peter 3:21-22 and Mark 16:16 for the irrefutable from the text evidence of why this is so.

The error and heresy, even in the best of your words, is hidden in the meaning of them
Faith got me into Christ, not being dunked in the water!

YeshuaFan

That is more false teaching since it is written in order to deny what Scripture actually says and means regarding Christ and baptism. Again see Mark 16:16 and 1 Peter 3:21-22 along with the rest of Scripture which directly addresses the one baptism from God.
We are Holy Spirit baptized into Christ and the Body when faith placed into Lord Jesus, as the water baptism is not that!

BJ Bear

Faith got me into Christ, not being dunked in the water!
That a false faith got you into a false Christ without a false baptism is no surprise.

This is really simple, either show us the non-existent relative pronoun in Mark 16:16 or just admit that you are more interested in justifying yourself or some other sinner rather than God and His clear word.

YeshuaFan

That a false faith got you into a false Christ without a false baptism is no surprise.

This is really simple, either show us the non-existent relative pronoun in Mark 16:16 or just admit that you are more interested in justifying yourself or some other sinner rather than God and His clear word.
Saved by faith alone thru grace alone, the theme of the reformation!