Following CARM for years, finally saying hello!

I remember first hearing Slick many, many years ago after stumbling upon an ugly HTML website during my own apologetics study. I wasn't raised a Christian...I was raised Catholic and being a cynic and contrarian by nature, I couldn't take the easy-believism path. As I conceded the presence of God, I was determined to find a reasoned justification for faith and began a years long journey into apologetics where CARM became a great resource. The amount of information was almost overwhelming, but I was grateful for a resource promoting intelligent and faithful apologetics.

Unlike many believers, I couldn't tell you the exact date of my own conversion, but I remember the circumstances clearly and while I remain in a daily battle with sin, I see the conversion over time as the Holy Spirit works within me. Our culture is in rapid decline as we move away from the Lord, so its increasingly important that believers have a community of support and encouragement...so here I am!

Warrior for Christ.
Husband.
"Small L" libertarian.
Austrian leaning free market economist.
Aspiring Financial advisor and portfolio manager.
Surfer.
Martial artist.
Gamer.
Just another man walking the earth until He comes.

Beloved

I remember first hearing Slick many, many years ago after stumbling upon an ugly HTML website during my own apologetics study. I wasn't raised a Christian...I was raised Catholic and being a cynic and contrarian by nature, I couldn't take the easy-believism path. As I conceded the presence of God, I was determined to find a reasoned justification for faith and began a years long journey into apologetics where CARM became a great resource. The amount of information was almost overwhelming, but I was grateful for a resource promoting intelligent and faithful apologetics.

Unlike many believers, I couldn't tell you the exact date of my own conversion, but I remember the circumstances clearly and while I remain in a daily battle with sin, I see the conversion over time as the Holy Spirit works within me. Our culture is in rapid decline as we move away from the Lord, so its increasingly important that believers have a community of support and encouragement...so here I am!

Warrior for Christ.
Husband.
"Small L" libertarian.
Surfer.
Martial artist.
Gamer.
Hello 1776 and welcome to CARM. Sounds as though you know the site and many of our names. I look forward to your posts.

balshan

Warrior for Christ.
Husband.
"Small L" libertarian.
Surfer.
Martial artist.
Gamer.
Praise the Lord He led you out of the RCC. He also led me out. Welcome.