For the joy that was set before Him

Suppose one doesn't refuse to be baptized but dies before getting around to it? Do they miss out on eternal joy?
You answered the question by saying "they didn't refuse to be baptized". But God alone will be the judge if they delay baptism for some flippant reason.

You answered the question by saying "they didn't refuse to be baptized". But God alone will be the judge if they delay baptism for some flippant reason.

As if flippancy or lack of flippancy were a clear cut black and white situation upon which one's eternal destiny should ride.

If you're flippant enough to refuse baptism, then may be your faith is flippant.

So one is either absolutely flippant or not flippant at all? No gray areas of relative flippancy? I'd hate to be God and have to make a decision about the degree of flippancy that would decide one's eternal destiny.

So one is either absolutely flippant or not flippant at all? No gray areas of relative flippancy? I'd hate to be God and have to make a decision about the degree of flippancy that would decide one's eternal destiny.
Hardly about "degrees of flippancy." To treat God with any degree of flippancy is a serious issue.

Rev 3:15 "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot."
Rev 3:16 "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth".

Hardly about "degrees of flippancy." To treat God with any degree of flippancy is a serious issue.

Rev 3:15 "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot."
Rev 3:16 "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth".

Flippancy is mater of the heart. Who has the better prospect of eternal life: A flippant person who has been baptized or a non-flippant person who has not but just didn't realize the alleged requirement to be baptized?

Flippancy is mater of the heart. Who has the better prospect of eternal life: A flippant person who has been baptized or a non-flippant person who has not but just didn't realize the alleged requirement to be baptized?
That question is too hypothetical by far; and I've already said that God is the judge.

Last edited:
That question is too hypothetical by far; and I've already said that God is the judge.

Check out I Cor 1:16. If baptism were a requirement for anything, one would think Paul would have a sharper memory of whom he had baptized and whom he had not.

Not exactly trying to emulate William F. Buckley with your debating skills, are you?
I just don't agree with you; and I don't know where you're coming from in saying "if baptism were a requirement for anything." You're not looking at what Peter said it means "the pledge of a clean conscience towards God." Why shouldn't that be a requirement?

I just don't agree with you; and I don't know where you're coming from in saying "if baptism were a requirement for anything." You're not looking at what Peter said it means "the pledge of a clean conscience towards God." Why shouldn't that be a requirement?

A requirement for what?

I guess Jesus and Paul and James and John just forgot to tell us that.
May be you're too ignorant of the NT to understand that they did tell you that.

1n Cor 6:11 ..... ἀπελούσασθε (ἀπολούω) ἀλλὰ ἡγιάσθητε ἀλλ᾽ ἐδικαιώθητε ἐν τῷ ὀνόματι τοῦ κυρίου Ἰησοῦ καὶ ἐν τῷ πνεύματι τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν

Ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

ἀπολούω: to wash off or away; in the N. T. twice in 1 aorist middle figuratively [cf. Philo de mut. nom. § 6, i., p. 585, Mang. edition]: ἀπελούσασθε, 1 Corinthians 6:11; βάπτισαι καὶ ἀπόλουσαι τὰς ἁμαρτίας σου, Acts 22:16. For the sinner is unclean, polluted as it were by the filth of his sins. Whoever obtains remission of sins has his sins put, so to speak, out of God's sight — is cleansed from them in the sight of God. Remission is [represented as] obtained by undergoing baptism; hence, those who have gone down into the baptismal bath [lavacrum, cf. Titus 3:5; Ephesians 5:26) are said ἀπολούσασθαι to have washed themselves, or τὰς ἁμαρτ. ἀπολούσασθαι to have washed away their sins, i. e. to have been cleansed from their sins.

1Jo 5:6 "And Jesus Christ was revealed as God's Son by his baptism in water.....and by shedding his blood on the cross—not by water only, but by water and blood."

Last edited:
May be you're too ignorant of the NT to understand that they did tell you that.

And yet they didn't, which explains your failure at showing where they did.

1n Cor 6:11 ..... ἀπελούσασθε (ἀπολούω) ἀλλὰ ἡγιάσθητε ἀλλ᾽ ἐδικαιώθητε ἐν τῷ ὀνόματι τοῦ κυρίου Ἰησοῦ καὶ ἐν τῷ πνεύματι τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν

Ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Yep, nothing about baptism.

ἀπολούω: to wash off or away; in the N. T. twice in 1 aorist middle figuratively [cf. Philo de mut. nom. § 6, i., p. 585, Mang. edition]: ἀπελούσασθε, 1 Corinthians 6:11; βάπτισαι καὶ ἀπόλουσαι τὰς ἁμαρτίας σου, Acts 22:16. For the sinner is unclean, polluted as it were by the filth of his sins. Whoever obtains remission of sins has his sins put, so to speak, out of God's sight — is cleansed from them in the sight of God. Remission is [represented as] obtained by undergoing baptism

Nonsense. It says nothing about baptism. We are washed by the blood of Jesus, not by water.

1Jo 5:6 "And Jesus Christ was revealed as God's Son by his baptism in water.....and by shedding his blood on the cross—not by water only, but by water and blood."

Both figurative. The water of the Word. Do you really think that H20 can wash away our sins?

Do you really think that H20 can wash away our sins?
What? Baptism is about appropriating Christ. That you don't listen to what Peter says shows you won't listen to what Paul says:
Col 2:11 "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it."​

For there will be plenty of people for whom Christ died who will never make it to heaven, because they treated the church, or Christ, with flippant contempt.

What? Baptism is about appropriating Christ. That you don't listen to what Peter says shows you won't listen to what Paul says:

Are you TRYING to defeat yourself in a debate? You irrelevantly present some great stuff from Paul that says nothing about baptism being required for forgiveness. Why did you do that?

For there will be plenty of people for whom Christ died who will never make it to heaven, because they treated the church, or Christ, with flippant contempt.

And according to you, plenty of others won't qualify because they didn't get baptized.

Are you TRYING to defeat yourself in a debate? You irrelevantly present some great stuff from Paul that says nothing about baptism being required for forgiveness. Why did you do that?
If the church commands baptism, then only a heretic will dissent.
And according to you, plenty of others won't qualify because they didn't get baptized.
I'm not prepared to discuss a subject with someone who continuously misrepresents what I say, and pays no attention to what the bible says. Good day.

If the church commands baptism, then only a heretic will dissent.

No one is dissenting. I myself have been baptized. Twice.

I'm not prepared to discuss a subject with someone who continuously misrepresents what I say, and pays no attention to what the bible says. Good day.

What specifically does the Bible say that you're claiming I pay no attention to?

Back