For those who think the election in the U.S. was stolen

Whateverman

LOL! Okay. You Googled that, too, didn't you?
This appears to be your stock reply when dealing with inconvenient facts.

By many metrics, New Zealand, South Korea, Australia, Germany and other countries have done better than the US:
It goes on, but I'm not gonna waste my time searching for statistics that you'll simply dismiss with a juvenile "LOL you Googled that!11one1!!1"

Last edited:

Woody50

By many metrics, New Zealand, South Korea, Australia, Germany and other countries have done better than the US:
It goes on, but I'm not gonna waste my time searching for statistics that you'll simply dismiss with a juvenile "LOL you Googled that!11one1!!1"
C'mon. You Googled that, too. Admit it.

Yes. I dismiss your Googled stats. Or am I wrong? You found these stats and researched them for validity and are now revealing them to us here...on CARM?

Please cite your sources if so. But you just Googled them...didn't you?

bigthinker

I do not think the election was stolen.

But here is my opinion or what I think Biden will do:
I think Biden will appoint qualified people to run govt agencies.
He will listen to scientists when it comes to climate change.
He will have the federal govt take a leadership role in dealing with covid.
He will restore our alliances and rehabilitate our international reputation.
He will push for protections for workers, consumers, and the environment.
He will protect voting rights, civil rights, the Dreamers and the rights of women.

I am also convinced that if Repubs retain control of the Senate, that much of this will be blocked.
All of that sounds pretty scaaaaaary.

Carol

Assuming government is the only factor?

Assuming pandemics start at exactly the same time and progress at the same rate everywhere around the world?

Assuming stats are compiled the same way?

Whateverman

Assuming government is the only factor?

Assuming pandemics start at exactly the same time and progress at the same rate everywhere around the world?

Assuming stats are compiled the same way?
I've made no assumptions whatsoever, Carol; all I've done is educated/corrected a willfully ignorant person. You're welcome to look at the two sources of statistics I've quoted, and if you've got criticisms about the way they were derived, that'd certainly be relevant to this thread.

Carol

I've made no assumptions whatsoever, Carol; all I've done is educated/corrected a willfully ignorant person. You're welcome to look at the two sources of statistics I've quoted, and if you've got criticisms about the way they were derived, that'd certainly be relevant to this thread.

What was your point in comparing countries?

Whateverman

What was your point in comparing countries?
To respond to this post.

The accusation was made that listening to "the media" and using Google was the basis for claiming "many countries have done vastly better than the US at handling" COVID-45. New Zealand is a prime example of that US failure. Posting statistics from neither of those sources validates Reepicheep's and ElectricSkeptic's original posts.

It feels like you're asking me to explain the patently obvious, Carol...

Last edited:

bigthinker

To respond to this post.

The accusation was made that listening to "the media" and using Google was the basis for claiming "many countries have done vastly better" than the US, and that New Zealand is a prime example of that. Posting statistics from neither of those sources validates Reepicheep's and ElectricSkeptic's original posts.

COVID 45...
Just saw that.

Carol

To respond to this post.

The accusation was made that listening to "the media" and using Google was the basis for claiming "many countries have done vastly better than the US at handling" COVID-45. New Zealand is a prime example of that US failure.

Government failure.

Now tell me again you make no assumptions....

Posting statistics from neither of those sources validates Reepicheep's and ElectricSkeptic's original posts.

Bob1

How did 45 make America worse?

What evidence have you seen in Biden's time in Washington that makes you see him better?
Gutting environmental protection... lying practically all the time... encouraging white supremacists... giving tax cuts to the wealthy... embarrassing America abroad with his chewed up foreign policies... coddling and cozying up to ruthless dictators (Putin, rocket man, a certain Saudi prince)... staffing his administration with incompetent people... firing people on personal whims because they wouldn't cater to his irrational demands... poisoning the well of American political news and discourse by claiming anything he didn't like or that didn't agree with him to be "fake news"... his botched handling of the covid pandemic and saying idiotic things regarding it that disinformed people... his utterly disgraceful attempts to overturn the recent election, culminating in a seditious riot on the Capitol building. Do you need more?

Biden mostly likely won't be as bad as THAT record.