For whom did Christ die?

Reformedguy

It does not teach what you claim

Nowhere is your idea that God puts his spirit in unbelievers

and this how the promise of the Spirit was fulfilled for Jews

Acts 2:38 (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

your absurd idea is rejected
Sure it does. Would you like me to post the order again?

fltom

Sure it does. Would you like me to post the order again?
Duh your order does not include unbelievers becoming believers as a result of God puting his spirit in them

as you ignore New Testament scripture one after another

John 7:39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Eph. 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

Gal. 3:2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Gal. 3:5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

Gal. 3:14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Acts 11:17 If then God gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God’s way?”

Acts 15:7 And after there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.
Acts 15:8 And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as he did to us,

very little of your theology is sound

fltom

Sure does. See Ephesians 2:8,9.

Were back to you thanking yourself for your faith?
Sorry, that does not teach faith is te gift

It teaches salvation is the gift

as does

Romans 6:23 (KJV)
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The concept that faith is unilaterally given by God is inconsistent with the biblical data

Christ rebukes for a lack of faith

Matthew 6:30; 8:26; 14:31; 16:8; Luke 12:28; Mark 4:40

Christ commends great faith

Matthew 8:10; Luke 7:9

Thy faith or your faith

Matthew 9:22; 15:28; Mark 5:34; 10:52; Luke 7:50; 8:48; 17:19; 18:42; 22:32 Matthew 9:2; Mark 2:5; Luke 5:20

if faith is a gift from God, how could demonic activity restrict the faith of some (Luke 8:12; 2 Cor 4:4)? Why is it harder for some people to believe than others (cf. Titus 1:12-13)? What would be the point of the drawing work of the Holy Spirit (John 6:44; 12:32), or of evangelism and missions? Why was Jesus sometimes amazed at people’s lack of faith (Matt 8:26; 14:31; 16:8)? None of these questions have good answers if faith is a gift of God.

Myers, J. D.. What is Faith?: How to Know that You Believe (Christian Questions Book 3) (p. 136). Redeeming Press. Kindle Edition.

Reformedguy

Sorry, that does not teach faith is te gift

It teaches salvation is the gift

as does

Romans 6:23 (KJV)
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The concept that faith is unilaterally given by God is inconsistent with the biblical data

Christ rebukes for a lack of faith

Matthew 6:30; 8:26; 14:31; 16:8; Luke 12:28; Mark 4:40

Christ commends great faith

Matthew 8:10; Luke 7:9

Thy faith or your faith

Matthew 9:22; 15:28; Mark 5:34; 10:52; Luke 7:50; 8:48; 17:19; 18:42; 22:32 Matthew 9:2; Mark 2:5; Luke 5:20

if faith is a gift from God, how could demonic activity restrict the faith of some (Luke 8:12; 2 Cor 4:4)? Why is it harder for some people to believe than others (cf. Titus 1:12-13)? What would be the point of the drawing work of the Holy Spirit (John 6:44; 12:32), or of evangelism and missions? Why was Jesus sometimes amazed at people’s lack of faith (Matt 8:26; 14:31; 16:8)? None of these questions have good answers if faith is a gift of God.

Myers, J. D.. What is Faith?: How to Know that You Believe (Christian Questions Book 3) (p. 136). Redeeming Press. Kindle Edition.
Would you thank God for your faith? "In all things give thanks"

fltom

But not for the faith itself right? I did not ask about ability. That's you avoiding the question
That was not what you asked

Hello

He can be thanked for giving the ability for faith
He can be thanked for sending the means by which one can have faith
he can be thanked for sending men to preach the gospel
He can be thanked for the opportunity for faith

but your idea that faith is something God gives, transfers or whatever is not biblical

Reformedguy

That was not what you asked

Hello

He can be thanked for giving the ability for faith
He can be thanked for sending the means by which one can have faith
he can be thanked for sending men to preach the gospel
He can be thanked for the opportunity for faith

but your idea that faith is something God gives, transfers or whatever is not biblical
I did not ask about ability. I asked about faith itself. I know what I asked and you refuse to answer.

Would you thank God for your faith?

fltom

I did not ask about ability. I asked about faith itself. I know what I asked and you refuse to answer.

Would you thank God for your faith?
I told you what I would thank God for

Faith is not a gift which God transfers, infuses , installs, name your word so, i would not thank God for that

I would thank God for the ability he gave to have faith
The opportunity he gave
The circumstance that brought about faith
His word
His sending men to preach the word so that I might have faith

Reformedguy

I told you what I would thank God for

Faith is not a gift which God transfers, infuses , installs, name your word so, i would not thank God for that

I would thank God for the ability he gave to have faith
The opportunity he gave
The circumstance that brought about faith
His word
His sending men to preach the word so that I might have faith
But you would not thank God for faith itself. You thank yourself for that.

shnarkle

No scripture

you can't point to it in the text for it is not there

It can only be added by eisegesis

and after the cross

John 12:32 (KJV)
32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
They're not mutually exclusive propositions. It is still the Father drawing all men to Christ.

fltom

They're not mutually exclusive propositions. It is still the Father drawing all men to Christ.
You provide no evidence for that

It takes more than your mere say so

John 12:32 (KJV)
32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

shnarkle

You provide no evidence for that
I provided Christ's testimony. Where does he present any caveats that what he does isn't within the will of his father? You're the one who is tasked with providing scriptural evidence for your bizarre claims.