Foreknowledge: How Does God Know?

Septextura

@Sketo

As I was working and had the above mentioned podcast playing in the background, I realized Flowerites believe in destiny, like the one you hear about in gypsy tents at carnivals and fairs. Since God looks down the corridor of time and things are determined outside of His will, that means there is fatalistic gypsy kind of destiny God abides to.

aaa3.jpg

I predict Christian Tarot Cards sold at Soteriology101.com/shop :ROFLMAO:

preacher4truth

Your question assumes a premise which has not been proven...

TomFL has not proven that there is anything, outside of God’s determining, that needs to be known! Therefore...

Calvinism holds that God knows everything without the need for God’s knowledge to be “open” to any external determining sources... such as being subject to a creature!
His repeated to ad nauseam Flowerism is senseless drivel, that's why it's his "sugar stick" as they use to say.

The bottom line is God is God and is thus omniscient and has ordained everything that has come to pass.

SovereignGrace

@Sketo

As I was working and had the above mentioned podcast playing in the background, I realized Flowerites believe in destiny, like the one you hear about in gypsy tents at carnivals and fairs. Since God looks down the corridor of time and things are determined outside of His will, that means there is fatalistic gypsy kind of destiny God abides to.

aaa3.jpg

I predict Christian Tarot Cards sold at Soteriology101.com/shop :ROFLMAO:
The tarot cards may be there, they may not be. Depends on if Dr. 🌸 ordered them via his free will. If someone told him he had to? He wouldn’t. God doesn’t know if he’s going to order them or not, either.

brightfame52

In what does God’s foreknowledge subsist? Why, in nothing else but his absolute knowledge of his own immutable will. Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Here we observe the foreknowledge of God and His determinate counsel go hand and hand !

T

TomFL

In what does God’s foreknowledge subsist? Why, in nothing else but his absolute knowledge of his own immutable will. Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Here we observe the foreknowledge of God and His determinate counsel go hand and hand !
In that particular instance

you cannot assume however God's foreknowledge of a believers sin was determined by him

its contrary to scripture

James 1:13–15 —KJV
Ҧ Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.”

James 1:13–14 —KJV
Ҧ Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.”

1 John 2:16 —ESV
“For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.”

brightfame52

you cannot assume however God's foreknowledge of a believers sin was determined by him

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.”

“For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.”
It makes perfect sense that God foreknows what He has determined !

T

TomFL

It makes perfect sense that God foreknows what He has determined !
Once again you just ignore what was stated

brightfame52

Gods foreknowledge and determinate counsel involved the sins of men, the moral evil working in men to have Christ crucified, notice Acts 2:23

God determined they would do this wickedness, and He still holds them morally accountable.

So by determining their involvement in this, He determined their sin Jn 19:11

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

T

TomFL

Gods foreknowledge and determinate counsel involved the sins of men, the moral evil working in men to have Christ crucified, notice Acts 2:23

God determined they would do this wickedness, and He still holds them morally accountable.

So by determining their involvement in this, He determined their sin Jn 19:11

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
You failed to address the scriptures

which disprove your view

God allow the crucifixion he did not put the desire to kill Christ in the Jews heart

Sketo

Thank you for your thoughtful response!

The question is not does God know everything... the question is how does God know everything?

Great observation for our theology should come from scripture!

If the scripture gives the how God knows then we should accept it instead of philosophical assumptions!

Some on this forum say that the Bible does not give the how... but I disagree as I will show below...

Great answer! So we should ask if the Bible teaches how God “knows”... and I do not believe the Bible is silent on the how...

Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Gods “foreknowledge” is God knowing his work in the meticulous design of Lucifer, Adam, Eve, The Garden of Eden, The Tree of Life, The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the timing and placement of all of them together ...“before” he works them!

All of this, meticulous orchestration, is what shapes Gods foreknowledge!

God knew Lucifers strengths and weaknesses because he designed him!
God knew Adams weaknesses because he designed him!
God knew Eves weaknesses because he designed her!
God knew the definite outcome when allowing Satan into the Garden!
God knew the consequences of the fall because he designed the consequences! (see Rom 5:18-19)

Adam played his part precisely how God designed him to play his part!

There was no “possibility” of any other outcome because God is in control... not man!

Again God “foreknows” because...“Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.” - Acts 15:18

Isa 14:24 The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh
all things after the counsel of his own will:

Psa 33:11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Psa 115:3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Psa 135:6 Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.

Deu 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

1Sa 2:6-8 The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

Job 9:12 Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?

In this CCShort Leighton admits that he is not an “Authority” on God’s Omniscience because he has no “camp” of belief! No wonder Provisionism deflects any questions on foreknowledge!
Apparently Consistent Calvinism is the only camp that can Justify its claim biblically!

preacher4truth

In this CCShort Leighton admits that he is not an “Authority” on God’s Omniscience because he has no “camp” of belief! No wonder Provisionism deflects any questions on foreknowledge!
Apparently Consistent Calvinism is the only camp that can Justify its claim biblically!

Leighton is, Biblically speaking, "outside the camp."