Forget Godzilla vs King Kong its Trump vs McConnell

DeSanto

It's been clear to Republican voters for years that Mitch McConnell is more interested in his own interests than the preferences of the people who elect him. Getting rid of Mitch McConnell is way overdue.
It’s not like Kentuckians had much of a choice but to elect him again. No viable candidates can get through to run against him. But, as a Kentuckian, I can say... the elections are totally rigged anyway. No way he barely lost against that lady.

vibise

No. His economic blunders have set America back decades.
We are currently facing another debt ceiling crisis due to Republicans.

We have overspent or appropriated funds over the current debt limit (appropriations approved by Congress). If we do not raise the debt limit, the USA would be in default of our debts and our credit rating would tank. We would have to cut spending by as much as 40% which would be extremely damaging. This default would have world-wide economic repercussions.

Repubs have had no problems raising the debt limit 3 times during the Trump administration, but are refusing to vote to do that now. For some reason they are blaming Biden for the current debt, although the debt increase under his administration is much less than the Trump increases.

Repubs also refused to raise the debt limit under Obama, essentially holding our economy hostage to get certain concessions. Note that Dems do not do such things.

Faithoverbelief

We are currently facing another debt ceiling crisis due to Republicans.

We have overspent or appropriated funds over the current debt limit (appropriations approved by Congress). If we do not raise the debt limit, the USA would be in default of our debts and our credit rating would tank. We would have to cut spending by as much as 40% which would be extremely damaging. This default would have world-wide economic repercussions.

Repubs have had no problems raising the debt limit 3 times during the Trump administration, but are refusing to vote to do that now. For some reason they are blaming Biden for the current debt, although the debt increase under his administration is much less than the Trump increases.

Repubs also refused to raise the debt limit under Obama, essentially holding our economy hostage to get certain concessions. Note that Dems do not do such things.
Hypocrites.

vibise

Oh wait, let me get my popcorn....

Oh wait, Trump's not in office.

I detect TDS.

L and an O and an L
Trump is the head of the Republican Party.
There are virtually no elected Republican officials who are willing to criticize Trump.
When this is no longer the case, and Trump is ignored by Republicans, then the rest of us will ignore him too.
Deal?

Furion

Trump is the head of the Republican Party.
Technically , that would be Ronna McDaniel, or maybe McConnell.
There are virtually no elected Republican officials who are willing to criticize Trump.
When this is no longer the case, and Trump is ignored by Republicans, then the rest of us will ignore him too.
Deal?
I generally ignore politicians out of office. I ignore corona too.

As long as you weirdly think conservative ideas only emanate from Trump, you'll remain angry.

p.s. I watched the same thing happen with little bush, less with Obama, but the obsession with Trump is impressive. I would suggest forgetting about him and focus on those issues the republicans will torch you over, like explaining your governments border nightmare under Joey.

Last edited:

vibise

Technically , that would be Ronna McDaniel, or maybe McConnell.

I generally ignore politicians out of office. I ignore corona too.

As long as you weirdly think conservative ideas only emanate from Trump, you'll remain angry.

p.s. I watched the same thing happen with little bush, less with Obama, but the obsession with Trump is impressive. I would suggest forgetting about him and focus on those issues the republicans will torch you over, like explaining your governments border nightmare under Joey.
Other ex-Presidents stay out of the limelight. Some of them take positions on corporate boards, or do charitable work. They go to ceremonial activities, like the 9/11 remembrances. But they tend to stay out of politics.

Trump is not staying out of politics. He is endorsing candidates and making negative comments about politicians in his own party who are not sufficiently loyal to him. He is floating the idea of another Presidential run, and collecting campaign donations. He recently said he wants to replace Mitch McConnell as Senate Minority Leader. As long as Trump stays engaged in politics and is threatening to run, then yes, we should notice what he says and does and comment.

Faithoverbelief

Other ex-Presidents stay out of the limelight. Some of them take positions on corporate boards, or do charitable work. They go to ceremonial activities, like the 9/11 remembrances. But they tend to stay out of politics.

Trump is not staying out of politics. He is endorsing candidates and making negative comments about politicians in his own party who are not sufficiently loyal to him. He is floating the idea of another Presidential run, and collecting campaign donations. He recently said he wants to replace Mitch McConnell as Senate Minority Leader. As long as Trump stays engaged in politics and is threatening to run, then yes, we should notice what he says and does and comment.
Never seen anything like it. It shows what kind of demented wannabe dictator he is.

Furion

Then you are stuck in your nightmare of complaining about an unelected man while the current elected man lays the path to a humiliating defeat. As Joey lays waste to the border and energy, to name a few, you will fiddle with an imaginary president.

Even you see it coming but you can't help yourself. The spectre of Trump occupying the white house again is your weakness. While you worry over it, lefties are tearing down your fractured party of special interests.

Thistle

Other ex-Presidents stay out of the limelight.
Barack Obama bought a house in Washington DC and started running a shadow government. That is hardly an improvement on Trump expressing his opinions. If you find a Trump to be crass or upsetting why don't you just ignore him? I largely ignored Trump for 30 years so I know from experience it can be done. When he got the Republican nomination I started paying attention.
Some of them take positions on corporate boards, or do charitable work. They go to ceremonial activities, like the 9/11 remembrances. But they tend to stay out of politics.
Trump has been weighing in on politics long before he was ever connected to politics.
Trump is not staying out of politics.
If you think he's not staying out now, wait till 2024.
He is endorsing candidates and making negative comments about politicians in his own party who are not sufficiently loyal to him. He is floating the idea of another Presidential run, and collecting campaign donations. He recently said he wants to replace Mitch McConnell as Senate Minority Leader.
If he managed to accomplish replacing Mitch McConnell a lot of Republicans would be eternally grateful.
As long as Trump stays engaged in politics and is threatening to run, then yes, we should notice what he says and does and comment.
Fair enough! But for your own edification you ought to take a look at the amount of money that has been raised by groups that have been started by, and on behalf of, Barack Obama. Trump's got nothing on them.