Forgiveness of sins

I think, as far as God is concerned, we are already forgiven

that doesn't mean our sins have no effect on our lives
asking forgiveness from those we wrong, making amends as necessary, etc....sure
if a Believer is a grievous sinner, God may take them Home - I don't think they have lost their Salvation

but Believers at this point really should be able to be confident in the work of Messiah on or behalf concerning this issue
in Jesus, nothing can separate us from the Love of God

I agree entirely. From the eternal perspective, our sin is forgiven. and as you point out we still have a responsibility in the temporal realm in regards to forgiving. These are two entirely different issues.

God bless.

I think, as far as God is concerned, we are already forgiven

that doesn't mean our sins have no effect on our lives
asking forgiveness from those we wrong, making amends as necessary, etc....sure
if a Believer is a grievous sinner, God may take them Home - I don't think they have lost their Salvation

but Believers at this point really should be able to be confident in the work of Messiah on or behalf concerning this issue
in Jesus, nothing can separate us from the Love of God
Nothing but ourselves

I agree entirely. From the eternal perspective, our sin is forgiven. and as you point out we still have a responsibility in the temporal realm in regards to forgiving. These are two entirely different issues.

God bless.
Correct. Christ dying for our sins makes heaven available to us but we continue to sin. Nothing impure will enter the new Jerusalem Revelation 21:10-27. If all sins are forever forgiven then Jesus giving authority to the apostles to forgive sins was merely a show.

Correct. Christ dying for our sins makes heaven available to us but we continue to sin. Nothing impure will enter the new Jerusalem Revelation 21:10-27. If all sins are forever forgiven then Jesus giving authority to the apostles to forgive sins was merely a show.

He has commanded us to do it:

2 Corinthians 2:5-8 King James Version

5 But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.

6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.

God bless.

Old Men in Robes sitting in seats of Authority
telling God's people what to don't do and what to do

is that really how we in Messiah are to live now?
that sounds like some boring Old covenant type stuff

Back