Forgotten Trinity: They could not all take the same role and do the same things.

Yahchristian

“The Forgotten Trinity” by James White on page 66…

In eternity past the Father, Son, and Spirit voluntarily and freely chose the roles they would take in bringing about the redemption of God's people. This is what is called the "Eternal Covenant of Redemption." The Father chose to be the fount and source of the entirety of the work; the Son chose to be the Redeemer and to enter into human flesh as one subject to the Father; and the Spirit chose to be the Sanctifier of the church, the indwelling Testifier of Jesus Christ. Each took different roles of necessity-they could not all take the same role and do the same things.

Whereas the Bible says...

John 5:19... Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

TRINITARIANS, is there ANYTHING that an omnipotent Person COULD NOT do?

I say No.

Here is how I describe the distinctions between the Father, the Son, the Spirit, and GOD...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

GOD

English Bibles and I use the word GOD (with all caps) to signify the underlying Hebrew word is YHWH (a proper name) rather than Elohim (a title).
Exodus 23:17 ESV… Three times in the year shall all your males appear before the Lord GOD.

is spirit
John 4:24 ESV… God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

and is the only one who is eternal...
Deuteronomy 33:27 ESV… The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And he thrust out the enemy before you and said, ‘Destroy.’
Isaiah 37:16 ESV… “O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, enthroned above the cherubim, you are the God, you alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; you have made heaven and earth.

GOD is also in the universe as spirit
Genesis 1:2 ESV… The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

and as a human...
1 Timothy 3:16 ESV… Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God
Genesis 1:2 ESV… The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God
Luke 1:35 ESV… And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.

and eternal GOD is called God the Father.
1 Corinthians 8:6 ESV… yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

In eternity past the Father, Son, and Spirit voluntarily and freely chose the roles they would take in bringing about the redemption of God's people. This is what is called the "Eternal Covenant of Redemption." The Father chose to be the fount and source of the entirety of the work; the Son chose to be the Redeemer and to enter into human flesh as one subject to the Father; and the Spirit chose to be the Sanctifier of the church, the indwelling Testifier of Jesus Christ. Each took different roles of necessity-they could not all take the same role and do the same things.

John 5:19... Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

I say No.

I say No.
Within reason I agree. Now some folks will jump in with ridiculous "gotchas" e.g. "God can't make a square circle." Everybody with Dr, after their name or who writes a book does not speak for all Christianity.

Everybody with Dr, after their name or who writes a book does not speak for all Christianity.

So what do YOU believe?

A) The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit COULD all take the same role and do the same things.

B) The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit could NOT all take the same role and do the same things.

So what do YOU believe?
A) The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit COULD all take the same role and do the same things.

B) The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit could NOT all take the same role and do the same things.
God can do anything He wants to do, any time, anywhere, any way He chooses. If that ain't good enough for you. Ghost tough hit.

So the Father could become incarnate if He chose to, right?
I understand you believe he has not, but I am asking if He COULD?
What part of this do you not understand? God can do anything He wants to do, any time, anywhere, any way He chooses. If that ain't good enough for you. Ghost tough hit.

The Forgotten Trinity is a concise, understandable explanation of what the Trinity is and why it matters.

Since you have read that book, are you able to answer my question below.

I say No.

Since you have read that book, are you able to answer my question below.
I say No.
Hate to break this to you but neither White nor any other writer speaks for all Christians. He is human and subject to error. Got a problem with White take it up with him, take your lunch when you do.

That White thinks he knows what God thought and did before creation should tell you all you need to know about White. Only a complete nut would dream up something like this.

Back