Forgotten Trinity: What you "DO" is determined by your "WILL".

I have been reading through James White's book titled "The Forgotten Trinity".

James White says on page 66… Just because the Father, Son, and Spirit do different things does not mean that any one of them is inferior to the others in nature. Think of it this way: in eternity past the Father, Son, and Spirit voluntarily and freely chose the roles they would take in bringing about the redemption of God’s people.

The Bible says in Luke 22:42… Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

That means...

What you "DO" is determined by your "WILL".

And since Trinitarians believe the Father, Son, and Spirit "DO" different (NOT the same) things, that means they have different (NOT the same) "WILLS".

In other words, it is not just that they have distinct wills, they must have different wills since they do different things.

How many DIFFERENT divine wills do you believe there are?

I believe there is ONLY ONE divine will.

In Luke 22:24, "my will" refers to the will of GOD in the universe as a human, and "thine" refers to THE ONE divine will of eternal GOD.

P.S. Here is how I see the distinctions between the Father, Son, and Spirit...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

Last edited:

johnny guitar

I have been reading through James White's book titled "The Forgotten Trinity".

James White says on page 66… Just because the Father, Son, and Spirit do different things does not mean that any one of them is inferior to the others in nature. Think of it this way: in eternity past the Father, Son, and Spirit voluntarily and freely chose the roles they would take in bringing about the redemption of God’s people.

The Bible says in Luke 22:42… Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

That means...

What you "DO" is determined by your "WILL".

And since Trinitarians believe the Father, Son, and Spirit "DO" different (NOT the same) things, that means they have different (NOT the same) "WILLS".

In other words, it is not just that they have distinct wills, they must have different wills since they do different things.

How many DIFFERENT divine wills do you believe there are?

I believe there is ONLY ONE divine will.

In Luke 22:24, "my will" refers to the will of GOD in the universe as a human, and "thine" refers to THE ONE divine will of eternal GOD.

P.S. Here is how I see the distinctions between the Father, Son, and Spirit...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.
Distinct wills does NOT mean different wills.
The will of Father, Son, Holy Spirit are ALWAYS identical.
Their ROLES are also distinct.

Distinct wills does NOT mean different wills.
The will of Father, Son, Holy Spirit are ALWAYS identical.
Their ROLES are also distinct.

Do you agree with James White that the Father, Son, and Spirit do DIFFERENT things?

Note: James White said "different" things rather than "distinct" things.

Distinct ROLES.

You didn't answer the question...

Do you AGREE or DISAGREE with James White that the Father, Son, and Spirit "do different things"?