Four months...

She was the one attacking the orthodox and hiding behind the skirts of her husband. The only reason she gets brought up, after twenty years, is that she liked something The Oak said about her. She was one of the most mean spirited posters ever to come to the forum... IMO. She had no reasonable theology that was ever presented in the forum, just personal attacks against who she decided to be "critics". Pitiful.

I have to agree that she was mean-spirited. Her only weapon was to tell us that we were attacking Christians and then belittle us... And that WOF error wasn't so bad... I didn't engage her as much as I think you did...

I have to agree that she was mean-spirited. Her only weapon was to tell us that we were attacking Christians and then belittle us... And that WOF error wasn't so bad... I didn't engage her as much as I think you did...
Yes, at that time she was attacking the orthodox believers debating wof..., taking the arguments against wof theology as personal attacks against wof. She was a pathetic example of any apologetic attempt. Maybe worse than Bobber. 😆

So then, you have no idea why you threw that (since the beginning of a prolonged fast) in?
So it was a testimony then? What was the testimony?
I threw it in because, with everything else, it happened...and the testimony isn't over yet. There are still major changes afoot.

I'm wondering why it bothers you...Did it bother you the several times Daniel mentioned it? His testimony always instructed me.

Yes, at that time she was attacking the orthodox believers debating wof..., taking the arguments against wof theology as personal attacks against wof. She was a pathetic example of any apologetic attempt. Maybe worse than Bobber. 😆
That was in the days where the self-proclaimed "orthodoxy" was questioning the orthodoxy of WoF...and she was a woman. You all responded more to her being a woman than to her claims.

Of course...in your own eyes you were always right. Makes Proverbs 26 one of my favorite chapters in the whole book. ;)

Why are you so interested in his prolonged fast? My kitchen lights are out awaiting repair. Why should he tell you what the testimony was if he was led (or not, who knows) to write what you think is trite? If he was led to tell a testimony, he would have, now wouldn't he? Why do you use a shortened version of a name for your username? What's the testimony behind that. Oh, and if it has nothing to do with Word of Faith, you can't put it here. Geez, my little toe itches.
Thanks for your unsolicited comments (I notice you have a habit of doing that). Your 'wisdom' and 'wit' are noted. I can not respond. I have been put in my place by the all-knowing BA.

I threw it in because, with everything else, it happened...and the testimony isn't over yet. There are still major changes afoot.

I'm wondering why it bothers you...Did it bother you the several times Daniel mentioned it? His testimony always instructed me.
Matt 6:16-18

Thanks for your unsolicited comments (I notice you have a habit of doing that). Your 'wisdom' and 'wit' are noted. I can not respond. I have been put in my place by the all-knowing BA.
It's a *public* forum. I can comment on anything I'd like. Don't need your permission. Capiche? 😂

Matt 6:16-18
16 When you fast, do not be somber like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward. 17But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, 18so that your fasting will not be obvious to men, but only to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.…

Are you suggesting I disfigured my face? I didn't. No one knew. Are you suggesting I didn't wash? I did...my wife would have complained. I wrote the post when the fast was done, and testified as to the impact of the results.

Do you have a better way of fasting that is outside of scripture? Did Jesus make it a forbidden topic for you? Are you suggesting I haven't read scripture, or I don't know what Jesus said? Isaiah 58 is the best fasting scripture by far, btw.

David fasted, and everyone knew…21“What is this you have done?” his servants asked. “While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but when he died, you got up and ate.” 22David answered, “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept, for I said, ‘Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let him live.’

Daniel fasted everything but vegetables in chapter 1, and he looked great.

In Chapter 6 he's praying in front of a wide-opened window so everybody could see him.

In chapter 9, Daniel says this, "3So I turned my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and petition, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes."

You didn't answer my question. Does it trouble you that Daniel is so open? I've been instructed by him often and in many ways.

So, again: Why does it bother you that I'm open?

Are you ok? I'm really glad to see you again, but I don't remember you being this angry. Do you need me to fast and pray for you?

16 When you fast, do not be somber like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward. 17But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, 18so that your fasting will not be obvious to men, but only to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.…

Are you suggesting I disfigured my face? I didn't. No one knew. Are you suggesting I didn't wash? I did...my wife would have complained. I wrote the post when the fast was done, and testified as to the impact of the results.

Do you have a better way of fasting that is outside of scripture? Did Jesus make it a forbidden topic for you? Are you suggesting I haven't read scripture, or I don't know what Jesus said? Isaiah 58 is the best fasting scripture by far, btw.

David fasted, and everyone knew…21“What is this you have done?” his servants asked. “While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but when he died, you got up and ate.” 22David answered, “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept, for I said, ‘Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let him live.’

Daniel fasted everything but vegetables in chapter 1, and he looked great.

In Chapter 6 he's praying in front of a wide-opened window so everybody could see him.

In chapter 9, Daniel says this, "3So I turned my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and petition, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes."

You didn't answer my question. Does it trouble you that Daniel is so open? I've been instructed by him often and in many ways.

So, again: Why does it bother you that I'm open?
I see you don't understand Matt 6:16-18. Is it by innocent ignorance or purposely?

I see you don't understand Matt 6:16-18. Is it by innocent ignorance or purposely?
You have a habit of ignoring my posts...is that by innocent ignorance? Or do you have a point.

Let's go again:

Here's what Jesus said: "6 When you fast..." I was done fasting. Are you trying to apply this to a time when I'm not fasting?

"...do not be somber like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting...." I didn't do that. I went to work. I rode my bike. I talked with my kids. I continued my duties at church and at school and at home. I'm only somber when it comes to the state of this country, but the word brings me hope and fills me with joy.

"Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward." I get that...no worries.

17"But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face,,," Ok...I took showers. I washed completely. 18

"...so that your fasting will not be obvious to men, but only to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.…" I can tell you he saw...Within the first week, I was offered a job I didn't seek...and things began to change to which I gave testimony to which you have objected.

I think you do not understand Matthew...Does this help you? Or have you added things about the comportment one should have when the fast is over? Jesus didn't talk about what to do when the fast is over, but Isaiah does..."Stop pointing the finger and finding fault..." And you should see what the promise is in Isaiah 58. It makes fasting worthwhile.

Sure hope this helps your misunderstanding.

Did you notice that Daniel fasted and talked about it? That David fasted and everyone talked about it? Did that not even help you grasp the biblical behavior that accompanies fasting?

You have a habit of ignoring my posts...is that by innocent ignorance? Or do you have a point.

Let's go again:

Here's what Jesus said: "6 When you fast..." I was done fasting. Are you trying to apply this to a time when I'm not fasting?

"...do not be somber like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting...." I didn't do that. I went to work. I rode my bike. I talked with my kids. I continued my duties at church and at school and at home. I'm only somber when it comes to the state of this country, but the word brings me hope and fills me with joy.

"Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward." I get that...no worries.

17"But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face,,," Ok...I took showers. I washed completely. 18

"...so that your fasting will not be obvious to men, but only to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.…" I can tell you he saw...Within the first week, I was offered a job I didn't seek...and things began to change to which I gave testimony to which you have objected.

I think you do not understand Matthew...Does this help you? Or have you added things about the comportment one should have when the fast is over? Jesus didn't talk about what to do when the fast is over, but Isaiah does..."Stop pointing the finger and finding fault..." And you should see what the promise is in Isaiah 58. It makes fasting worthwhile.

Sure hope this helps your misunderstanding.

Did you notice that Daniel fasted and talked about it? That David fasted and everyone talked about it? Did that not even help you grasp the biblical behavior that accompanies fasting?
Ok. I can see it is ignorance of the Word. Sigh...But I know you have the 'anointing' that us non-WOFers lack...so you can't possibly misunderstand what Matt 6:16-18 means...so it must be me.

Ok. I can see it is ignorance of the Word. Sigh...But I know you have the 'anointing' that us non-WOFers lack...so you can't possibly misunderstand what Matt 6:16-18 means...so it must be me.
Hey @tbeachhead , ever notice these wise ones always tell you what you don't know but won't explain what they think they know? They've been evicerated too many times for that. 🤣🤣🤣

You don't do this well. Your anger shows through. I'll still respond when I feel it's appropriate....or fun. 😂
You think you do this well. A legend in your own eyes. Your desperation shows through. I'll still respond when I feel I'm in the mood (which is mostly when I read boorish comments)…oh 'witty' and 'wise' one.

Back