Four months...

Sure hope this helps your misunderstanding.
It can't, Pete. He doesn't read for understanding.

Did you notice that Daniel fasted and talked about it? That David fasted and everyone talked about it? Did that not even help you grasp the biblical behavior that accompanies fasting?
This is key, for ALL of scripture must come together and be consistent for good theology.

Ok. I can see it is ignorance of the Word. Sigh...But I know you have the 'anointing' that us non-WOFers lack...so you can't possibly misunderstand what Matt 6:16-18 means...so it must be me.
I'm baffled. Surely you don't pretend this was a response to my verse by verse exegesis. And there is no scripture in your claim...only the chapter and the verses I quoted and interpreted accurately.

Once again, you've proven even your own unwillingness to address the one you're criticizing when asked questions:

Have you invented an "extra-biblical" comportment that is required after fasting? Looks like that's a big "yes."

Did you bother to look up Isaiah 58? Would you like me to quote it here for you and break it down? There is a lot about biblical comportment...and, to be pertinent, it includes what you should do when you feel compelled to point your finger and accuse others.

Have you refused to engage in a dialog? Looks like none of your posts is interested in dialog, but in putting strangers down. Why did you come back after being away for so long? Did something bad happen to you while you were away?

I'm baffled. Surely you don't pretend this was a response to my verse by verse exegesis. And there is no scripture in your claim...only the chapter and the verses I quoted and interpreted accurately.

Once again, you've proven even your own unwillingness to address the one you're criticizing when asked questions:

Have you invented an "extra-biblical" comportment that is required after fasting? Looks like that's a big "yes."

Did you bother to look up Isaiah 58? Would you like me to quote it here for you and break it down? There is a lot about biblical comportment...and, to be pertinent, it includes what you should do when you feel compelled to point your finger and accuse others.

Have you refused to engage in a dialog? Looks like none of your posts is interested in dialog, but in putting strangers down. Why did you come back after being away for so long? Did something bad happen to you while you were away?
“If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.” (Isaiah 58:13-14, KJV)

“If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.” (Isaiah 58:13-14, KJV)
Yeah...well...the context was fasting, though, wasn't it. You only missed one or two verses that were in the context of fasting, but I'm always here to help[ you back into the topic and off the rabbit trail.

6Isn’t this the fast that I have chosen:
to break the chains of wickedness,
to untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and tear off every yoke?
7Isn’t it to share your bread with the hungry,
to bring the poor and homeless into your home,
to clothe the naked when you see him,
and not to turn away
from your own flesh and blood?
8Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will come quickly.
Your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
9Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry out, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’
If you remove the yoke from your midst,
the pointing of the finger and malicious talk,
10and if you give yourself to the hungry
and satisfy the afflicted soul,
then your light will go forth in the darkness,
and your night will be like noonday.
11The LORD will always guide you;
He will satisfy you in a sun-scorched land
and strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
12Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins;
you will restore the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of the Breach,
Restorer of the Streets of Dwelling.

You only missed a couple of verses...but I did say "Fasting is found in Isaiah 58..." Mike was complaining about me saying "...fasting..." in the context of fasting. I don't know if he has a problem with the sabbath.

Back