Four months...

Many non-wofist left because of wof and friends being obnoxious and rude... like being call the Triumvirate, critic, unbeliever, and many other things. It has never been one sided..., except for the delusional pseudo-wofist that calls everyone that has ever mentioned something similar to wof as a wofist. There is no point to redundancy when your critic is static and recalcitrant... insisting on his fantasies as fact. 😉

Let's not forget TB's well-documentation in a post that he had compared the critics to Catholic Killers. He stopped that completely after Copeland spoke in Italian tongues for the Pope...

Why do you propose farming material like this, Joe? Outlast? Some don't sit in a study hall with nothing to do but wait for the next one. In twenty-five years, the only thing we've lost here is friends who tired of the callous conversations. No one has "won" or "lost" an argument. . You haven't changed in your view. I haven't changed in mine. But the effect on me has been that I can accept that you have your view and hold on to it well. I look forward sometimes to hearing it. The push and shove winds up being more of a give and take. It's much easier to read your posts now.

I have had numerous changes in my belief system in the last 18 years. When it came to WOF, I was further galvanized against it with the rancid personal attacks by the so-called walk-in-love (tongue in cheek, of course) WOF.

Should we list the people who have openly left WOF who have been in this forum? I can think of one guy who went to Rhema and another who got is doctorate in WOF. Both renounced and rejected the belief system. There was another who came into the forum, embraced it for a decade, and then also left it...

TB, it is well known by the forum lifers that when I came in here, I tried being fair and moderate... Your people drove me to a more conservative position. When I saw how you WOF treated me and others, I had to become firm in my approach... You people have huge beams in your eyes...

Just hang around the top leaders and teachers and they will give you a doctorate. There are many examples of this.

Classic. But in WoF you have to have (self-published) books. Maybe that's what the "hang around" time is for, huh?
Robbie Dawkins has books. He's hangin'. Of course, he's not WoF, so they aren't self-published.

Classic. But in WoF you have to have (self-published) books. Maybe that's what the "hang around" time is for, huh?
Robbie Dawkins has books. He's hangin'. Of course, he's not WoF, so they aren't self-published.
But he said something or did something that someone thinks is wof, so that makes him wof. Does he wear a big diamond ring?

But he said something or did something that someone thinks is wof, so that makes him wof. Does he wear a big diamond ring?
No big ring that I saw (just a simple wedding band). But he had an expensive watch. It's like the one I have and I'm not WoF, so Robbie isn't WoF either.

Did he ask "his people", like TB, for a new jet, yet?
Nah. Robbie seems like a straight Pentecostal or just a simple charismatic. I haven't seen him speak in tongues, but then I haven't seen too much of him. I wrote his ministry and asked if they were Word of Faith; they ignored me. Tells me they know what that is and want to distance themselves from it without losing the clientele. Never know if that clientele might buy a jet, so don't throw the baby out with the bath water, I guess. :LOL:

Let's not forget TB's well-documentation in a post that he had compared the critics to Catholic Killers. He stopped that completely after Copeland spoke in Italian tongues for the Pope...
This so grossly mischaracterizes a conversation that took place two plus decades ago, that it's almost maudlin that you're still dwelling on the mischaracterization...Copeland's visit to an apostate pope, and his subsequent sycophantic response has nothing at all to do with the principles of WoF and everything to do with age and loss of vision.

Although I'm sure you found vindication in Copeland behaving badly...when your entire argument is one long ad hominem.

Nah. Robbie seems like a straight Pentecostal or just a simple charismatic. I haven't seen him speak in tongues, but then I haven't seen too much of him. I wrote his ministry and asked if they were Word of Faith; they ignored me. Tells me they know what that is and want to distance themselves from it without losing the clientele. Never know if that clientele might buy a jet, so don't throw the baby out with the bath water, I guess. :LOL:
Why does them ignoring a dumb question tell you anything? When "Word of Fatih" is a list of people that you've artificially created, what does it matter what they say? They're not on your list. I'm not on your list either, and I would have answered "yes" if you had written me...but I'm a lot less occupied lately.

I have had numerous changes in my belief system in the last 18 years. When it came to WOF, I was further galvanized against it with the rancid personal attacks by the so-called walk-in-love (tongue in cheek, of course) WOF.
I remember the so-called walk-in-love critics who ganged up on Terri (JFII) and drove her definitively from this forum by their mysogyny...as y'all claimed victory when she left. It was an unbelievable display of the critic's mentality.

Should we list the people who have openly left WOF who have been in this forum? I can think of one guy who went to Rhema and another who got is doctorate in WOF. Both renounced and rejected the belief system. There was another who came into the forum, embraced it for a decade, and then also left it...
I recall folks who saw flaws in ministry, and "left the movement" like one leaves an outhouse, with no means or opportunity to flush, and no hand sanitizer to "wash" with. Some even went with more "MacArthuresque" hermeneutics, because what they saw, and the anecdotes they'd heard defined their new walk-by-sight theology.

Do you list the folks who left Christianity altogether because of the hypocrisy that impacted them and that they could not overcome with Biblical instruction? My own children were mishandled in a Conservative Baptist youth group and have not returned to any church since.

TB, it is well known by the forum lifers that when I came in here, I tried being fair and moderate... Your people drove me to a more conservative position. When I saw how you WOF treated me and others, I had to become firm in my approach... You people have huge beams in your eyes...
Yeah...you're probably right. That's why there are none left here but me...because we treated you so harshly...I'm sure.

Your theology will always fall apart at the "seems".

Yeah...I apologize. I know y'all miss me. There's no one else force you to pretend that WoF is dead. I've had major disruptions happen since the beginning of a prolonged fast. Long story short, the local Christian school needs a bus driver, and I've been working on my CDL for over a month. The process has roadblocks, and I could use your prayrers.

Time consuming. But now I'm just a Van driver, and a study hall monitor, which means I'll have Thursdays and Fridays to browse and respond. I'm sure that's good news for y'all.
I've had major disruptions happen. (You could have stopped here and your point would have still been made) since the beginning of a prolonged fast. (Why did you feel the need to inform us you were on a 'prolonged fast' ?)

I've had major disruptions happen. (You could have stopped here and your point would have still been made) since the beginning of a prolonged fast. (Why did you feel the need to inform us you were on a 'prolonged fast' ?)
Why did Daniel...I don't know. Why not. Testimonies sometimes speak.

So then, you have no idea why you threw that (since the beginning of a prolonged fast) in?
So it was a testimony then? What was the testimony?
Why are you so interested in his prolonged fast? My kitchen lights are out awaiting repair. Why should he tell you what the testimony was if he was led (or not, who knows) to write what you think is trite? If he was led to tell a testimony, he would have, now wouldn't he? Why do you use a shortened version of a name for your username? What's the testimony behind that. Oh, and if it has nothing to do with Word of Faith, you can't put it here. Geez, my little toe itches.

I remember the so-called walk-in-love critics who ganged up on Terri (JFII) and drove her definitively from this forum by their mysogyny...as y'all claimed victory when she left. It was an unbelievable display of the critic's mentality.

I don't mind saying you are over exaggerating here. I found no joy interacting with that Lady. I certainly never attacked her personally. In fact, I tried being nice to her to the point that she accused me of being passive-aggressive.

I don't mind saying you are over exaggerating here. I found no joy interacting with that Lady. I certainly never attacked her personally. In fact, I tried being nice to her to the point that she accused me of being passive-aggressive.
She was the one attacking the orthodox and hiding behind the skirts of her husband. The only reason she gets brought up, after twenty years, is that she liked something The Oak said about her. She was one of the most mean spirited posters ever to come to the forum... IMO. She had no reasonable theology that was ever presented in the forum, just personal attacks against who she decided to be "critics". Pitiful.

Back