Fourth COVID wave worsening

Reepicheep

The real question is are the overall numbers of deaths significantly higher than normal? If so, how much higher?
The statistics are readily available.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778361

"Between March 1, 2020, and January 2, 2021, the US experienced 2 801 439 deaths, 22.9% more than expected, representing 522 368 excess deaths."

US life expectancy fell by 1.5 years in 2020

"Life expectancy in the United States declined by a year and a half in 2020, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which says the coronavirus is largely to blame. COVID-19 contributed to 74% of the decline in life expectancy from 78.8 years in 2019 to 77.3 years in 2020, according to the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics. It was the largest one-year decline since World War II, when life expectancy dropped by 2.9 years between 1942 and 1943."

DeSanto

Daily new COVID cases (seven day average) in the US bottomed out around June 21. As expected, deaths bottomed out approximately two weeks later.

Let's compare then to now. The numbers for yesterday will almost certainly rise, since it usually takes a few days for an accurate total to be calculated.

NEW COVID CASES (seven day average)
11,955 - June 21
155,905 - August 27

COVID DEATHS (seven day average)
282 - July 8
1,033 - August 27

There are currently over 100,000 Americans hospitalized because of COVID. This means that approximately 10% of US hospital beds are currently occupied by patients with COVID. Not surprisingly, the situation is worse in the southern Republican states, where a reluctance to be vaccinated is coupled with a refusal to follow any remedial precautions such as wearing masks or practicing physical distancing.

Below are some random newspaper headlines from the past 24 hours:

100,000 more U.S. COVID-19 deaths projected for 2021

Texas
reports most COVID-19 cases in schools in a single week yet

Florida averages 250 COVID deaths a day; children top infections, positivity rates

'There is no room to put these bodies,' Alabama health official says as COVID-19 deaths climb

Hurricane set to strike Louisiana just as COVID infections surge

Mississippi hospitals are overrun with COVID patients

COVID-19 cases in Georgia nearing last winter's peak

In short, the situation in the US is very bad, and getting worse.
Hmm. I wonder what sorority name will be given to this “variant”...

I think there’s a list somewhere... of all the variants they plan to roll out over the next couple years. Delta, Beta, Sigma, Lamba...

That’s for our region. I believe there are different names being used in different parts of the world.

Who cares, right? They do what they want.

Authentic Nouveau

I think there’s a list somewhere... of all the variants they plan to roll out over the next couple years. Delta, Beta, Sigma, Lamba...

That’s for our region. I believe there are different names being used in different parts of the world.

The variant sistas?

But the labs do NOT distinguish who has what.

Authentic Nouveau

That's because hotdog eaters and smokers aren't clogging up the ICUs.

COVID patients are.
You have never worked in ICU.
We send a by-pass patient to ICU after the have been deheparinized to watch for post-op bleeding. They are out in 1 day, less than a day or maybe 2 days.
Once a wuhan fru patient is hooked to the vent, they are parked in ICU for days. sometimes more than 2 weeks.

The wuhan fru cases are low rates of bed turnover.
You have no clue about what happens in acute care so you are stuck with juvenile insults.

shnarkle

The statistics are readily available.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778361

"Between March 1, 2020, and January 2, 2021, the US experienced 2 801 439 deaths, 22.9% more than expected, representing 522 368 excess deaths."
More than expected??? FAIL. Try again.

US life expectancy fell by 1.5 years in 2020

"Life expectancy in the United States declined by a year and a half in 2020,
Correlation is not causation.
according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which says the coronavirus is largely to blame.
And yet they have nothing to prove this claim.

CrowCross

You've made 13,511 posts over 339 days (the number between your join date of Oct 11, 2020 and yesterday). That's almost 40 posts per day averaged over 11 months...

You have never worked.
More people die from the wuhan fru jab than AN post everyday.

Michael R2

They're simply following the Greek alphabet, in order. The first variant was alpha, followed by beta then gamma and delta. The next letter is mu, and has been identified, first in Colombia and now found in over thirty countries. There is some concern that this variant could evade the protection from both vaccines and natural immunity.

praise_yeshua

Interesting...I did not know one could mix the Moderna and Pfizer shots.

I know 2 vaccinated individuals that died from Covid. That is the only two I personally know. I don't know of a anti-vaccinated person that has died. I have read about a few in the news. They LOVE to talk about when it happens.

Reepicheep

I know 2 vaccinated individuals that died from Covid. That is the only two I personally know. I don't know of a anti-vaccinated person that has died.
Based upon your personal experience, do you believe it is logical to assume that every single person in the world who has died as a result of COVID, without exception, was vaccinated with one of the COVID vaccines?

I personally know two people who have died from COVID, one vaccinated and one not. Do you believe it is logical for me to assume that exactly half of the people in the world who have died from COVID were vaccinated, and half unvaccinated?

praise_yeshua

Based upon your personal experience, do you believe it is logical to assume that every single person in the world who has died as a result of COVID, without exception, was vaccinated with one of the COVID vaccines?

I personally know two people who have died from COVID, one vaccinated and one not. Do you believe it is logical for me to assume that exactly half of the people in the world who have died from COVID were vaccinated, and half unvaccinated?

I'm not saying anything along the lines of what you said above. I am saying that the lines isn't as clearly one sided as many think.

shnarkle

The vaccinated are super spreaders which indicates that everyone who comes in contact with someone who is vaccinated, or infected from someone who is vaccinated becomes a super spreader. This is admitted by the pharmaceutical companies in their EUA applications to the FDA. They refer to it as "shedding". JohnsHopkins points out that only 30% need to be vaccinated in order for it to spread throughout the rest of the population.

DeSanto

They're simply following the Greek alphabet, in order. The first variant was alpha, followed by beta then gamma and delta. The next letter is mu, and has been identified, first in Colombia and now found in over thirty countries. There is some concern that this variant could evade the protection from both vaccines and natural immunity.
I don’t remember any alpha beta gamma variants being reported in the news. Do you?