Fourth COVID wave worsening

Michael R2

I don’t remember any alpha beta gamma variants being reported in the news. Do you?
The alpha variant was the original variant from the UK. Yes, it was in the news, but was usually referred to as the UK variant.
The beta variant was mostly known as the South African variant, and was also in the news.
The gamma variant was the one which began in Brazil.
Neither the beta nor the gamma variants came to dominate in the US, but all three were in the news.

DeSanto

The alpha variant was the original variant from the UK. Yes, it was in the news, but was usually referred to as the UK variant.
The beta variant was mostly known as the South African variant, and was also in the news.
Neither the beta nor the gamma variants came to dominate in the US, but all three were in the news.
Interesting! A recent study that suggest the vaccines may be what’s causing these mutations...

Backup

I know 2 vaccinated individuals that died from Covid. That is the only two I personally know. I don't know of a anti-vaccinated person that has died. I have read about a few in the news. They LOVE to talk about when it happens.
well, obviously your anecdotal story trumps all objective evidence

Bonnie

I also remember those being in the news....but the Delta variant apparently is much worse than these were. More transmittable.

praise_yeshua

well, obviously your anecdotal story trumps all objective evidence

So you don't believe me? Why not? I told the truth.

The news media down plays deaths among those who have been vaccinated and focuses upon the ones who have died that have no been vaccinated.

Michael R2

Interesting! A recent study that suggest the vaccines may be what’s causing these mutations...

The variants are not caused by the vaccines. They occur quite naturally. This is basic evolution. The antibodies produced by the vaccines, and also by natural infection, provide a new environment in which the variant most resistant to the antibodies will predominate. Again, this is basic evolution. They act as a selective pressure, but they do not alter the viral RNA as far as I can tell.

BMS

The variants are not caused by the vaccines. They occur quite naturally. This is basic evolution. The antibodies produced by the vaccines, and also by natural infection, provide a new environment in which the variant most resistant to the antibodies will predominate. Again, this is basic evolution. They act as a selective pressure, but they do not alter the viral RNA as far as I can tell.
It is very difficult for the average person like me to know what to believe about this. I took advice from a prominent scientist at my church to take the vaccines, but otherwise its difficult to know.
My feeling is the situation after the vaccines is in general not worse but better, at least in respect of not being swamped with hospital admissions and deaths like at first.. but I keep hearing all kinds of conflicting news